Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
I don't remember it doing any of that to the R31, it was a long time ago so I may have forgotten.

All I remember was the livery.

Did the Racing mods in GT2 ever effect anything but paint? I seem to remember wanting my car faster (R31 from memory) so I got a racing mod hoping it would help but it did nothing at all and I couldn't put it back.

I thought they did, but I was young then so maybe it was all in my head. I remember beating the competition in my racing modded Laguna, it was just like the BTCC one. I would definitely welcome racing mods back, even if they did just improve looks, although they should improve performance aswell.

I don't remember it doing any of that to the R31, it was a long time ago so I may have forgotten.

All I remember was the livery.

Trust me, the hours I put into the game I remember well as many do I am sure.

I don't mind there being a livery editor as well by the way but I like the option of race modifications as it gave us race variants of the cars as well as the performance upgrade.

With me if the drivetrain swap is common/has ben done before im all for it. But i remember in Forza2 you could put a S2000 motor in a EG hatch (92-95) which would make the car RWD :crazy: it was terrible. If PD going to have drivetrain swaps Please make them Real.

Why is a rwd Civic unrealistic, it can be done and as been done irl. You can convert an oldd Ford Fiesta to rwd for about £2k maybe even less now. There's nothing unrealistic about this, in real life it's simply a matter of money when it comes to certain cars. Some cars have a chassis that you can't work around, fair enough, thoes should be restricted in the same ways in the game. But there's plenty of cars that if you have the cash you can chop and change and convert any which way you like. I've even seen a VW Golf with two engines, one at the front and one at the back. It's not unrelaistic to be able to do these types of mods.

Last edited:
God damn, what a pack of idiots some of you are. All that is needed is for the host of an online race to be able to set stipulations and requirements, yet we have people saying they don't want engine swaps/drivetrain swaps/a livery editor/damage etc. because of how it would affect online play.

He's right though, too many seem too focused on how an option would ruin thier experience of the game for odd reasons. I don't mind people talking against an option because they don't like it or whatever, we have our own preferences but a lot of the reasonings behind why people are against a, b or c can be solved with a simple set of filters included in the game. I wouldn't have called them a pack of idiots, but I agree with the point of his post.

God damn, what a pack of idiots some of you are. All that is needed is for the host of an online race to be able to set stipulations and requirements, yet we have people saying they don't want engine swaps/drivetrain swaps/a livery editor/damage etc. because of how it would affect online play.

Agreed , as long as the entrants meet the PP / tire requirements of the race that is set-up , it should not be a problem.

Not so sure about the idiots part though , thats a bit harsh :ouch:

I'm also abit miffed as to why people are having a heart attack about Drivetrain swaps ruining the game. You guys do realize that you could have the option to disallow this ifor races if you want should private rooms become available, right?

I don't really care, KY and PD will do as they wish as they always have, KY said him self that flat/power shifting was unrealistic when it clearly isn't, so.... Is drivetrain swaps unrealistic? No, but I doubt KY would go for it.

Agreed , as long as the entrants meet the PP / tire requirements of the race that is set-up , it should not be a problem.

Not so sure about the idiots part though , thats a bit harsh :ouch:
Exactly......
I'm also abit miffed as to why people are having a heart attack about Drivetrain swaps ruining the game. You guys do realize that you could have the option to disallow this ifor races if you want should private rooms become available, right?
I hope there is a long drop down list of restrictions......
I don't really care, KY and PD will do as they wish as they always have, KY said him self that flat/power shifting was unrealistic when it clearly isn't, so.... Is drivetrain swaps unrealistic? No, but I doubt KY would go for it.
They will have to work around that some how some way.......If you look @ those Japanese heel to toe videos you see them power shifting all the time.......👍

If you look @ those Japanese heel to toe videos you see them power shifting all the time.......👍

You mean GT5P videos or real life?

I did the odd powershift in GT5P (done plenty in real life too, which ruined one gearbox) before they changed it, all versions are the same in that way.

You mean GT5P videos or real life?

I did the odd powershift in GT5P (done plenty in real life too, which ruined one gearbox) before they changed it, all versions are the same in that way.

Real life......I saw a dude power shifting the 🤬 out of an S2000, He kept the revs in the power band.....

Last edited by a moderator:
This might sound crazy and stupid, but In GT5 i hope they lower the money amount won in a event, or raise the prices of cars, parts, paint job etc. In GT5P money is very easy to get. I want to feel like i really worked hard to obtain cars, and parts. It would also be cool to see someone online in an expensive exotic car racing, and knowing in your mind :nervous: he spent alot of money and time obtaing that car this guy means bussiness :lol:. IMO it gives the cars a better appreciation for eveyone thats going to be playing GT5.

This might sound crazy and stupid, but In GT5 i hope they lower the money amount won in a event, or raise the prices of cars, parts, paint job etc. In GT5P money is very easy to get. I want to feel like i really worked hard to obtain cars, and parts. It would also be cool to see someone online in an expensive exotic car racing, and knowing in your mind :nervous: he spent alot of money and time obtaing that car this guy means bussiness. IMO it gives the cars a better appreciation for eveyone thats going to be playing GT5.

Doesn't sound crazy at all, I agree fully 👍

This might sound crazy and stupid, but In GT5 i hope they lower the money amount won in a event, or raise the prices of cars, parts, paint job etc. In GT5P money is very easy to get. I want to feel like i really worked hard to obtain cars, and parts. It would also be cool to see someone online in an expensive exotic car racing, and knowing in your mind :nervous: he spent alot of money and time obtaing that car this guy means bussiness. IMO it gives the cars a better appreciation for eveyone thats going to be playing GT5.

That a interesting idea . . . and the game will be even more challenging, but if the prices of the cars and parts raise we have to repeat several races over and over and over . . . after some time it can be frustrating!

but if the prices of the cars and parts raise we have to repeat several races over and over and over . . . after some time it can be frustrating!

Not everyones cup of tea but I am sure they could stick with online racing and enjoy earning the money more.

Work your way up with cash online, better you do the more you make and the better cars you can buy. Like a sort of unofficial career mode online.

I personally will be offline mostly though and online for some fun racing.

Not everyones cup of tea but I am sure they could stick with online racing and enjoy earning the money more.

Work your way up with cash online, better you do the more you make and the better cars you can buy. Like a sort of unofficial career mode online.

I personally will be offline mostly though and online for some fun racing.

Same as me. With the mixture of both online, and offline gameplay tied in together, working hard for money would not be as dreadful as one would think.

This might sound crazy and stupid, but In GT5 i hope they lower the money amount won in a event, or raise the prices of cars, parts, paint job etc. In GT5P money is very easy to get. I want to feel like i really worked hard to obtain cars, and parts. It would also be cool to see someone online in an expensive exotic car racing, and knowing in your mind :nervous: he spent alot of money and time obtaing that car this guy means bussiness :lol:. IMO it gives the cars a better appreciation for eveyone thats going to be playing GT5.

Agree 100%:

in gt 90 bhp car to supercar was a bit easy and fast... they need to lower the award money on all races. Having the slow cars is what IMO is best about gt.

I Feel that its going to give all players a Huge attachment to their Personal cars just as in Reality. When i got my car IRL i was so happy i worked so hard to get it. I thought it was the best car. One day i was stoped at a light and this 911 pulled up next to me i was light :ouch: This car was so gorgous. Seeing that car brought me back to reality, and made me understand even though my car is hot that old guy car is super hot! I know i wont be able to afford that car IRL, but at least in GT5 i could have the same appreceation as i would IRL and also one day have the chance to drive it In the Game.

Back