Thread Closed...

• Thread starter VBR
  • 133 comments

Multiple Choice: What times are best for you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this invitation only? I love racing with tuning prohibited and it's hard to find other groups that do it. I'd be able to do the weekend events, I'm in the U.S. so I'll likely be at work when you do the weekday events.

Ola :)

Thank you for the Invitation, I'm
IN aswell.

I am available everynight after 17pm.

Sincerely

MAidio Portugal

Hello VBR thanks for the invitation, I am in then ... Sound very serious events ... I will partecipate for sure at the event on Monday and Wednesday evenings, not sure for the Saturday and Sunday afternoon.

See you all on track !!!

Sign me up!

My monday nights are busy, but wednesdays, saturdays and sundays should be fine most of the time.
What kind of cars do you have in mind and what sort of limitations? Only street cars, or will there be some event with untuned racecars as well? I'm fine with both, just thinking of what cars I should invest in :)

Edit: Found the answer in an earlier post.

New question though: What aids will be allowed? I'm especially thinking of ABS, scince tuning prohibition means that we can't tune the brake balance (right?).

Last edited:
Sign me up too please. It's going to be early for me but I'm sure I can make the effort.

What aids will be allowed? I'm especially thinking of ABS, scince tuning prohibition means that we can't tune the brake balance (right?).

You can still adjust brake balance and the engine limiter with tuning prohibited.

Hi, thanks for the invite.

Due to the event schedule I only can race on some weekends (I'm from South America), but if it's fine for you it's the way I want to race online.

Have a nice day!

New question though: What aids will be allowed? I'm especially thinking of ABS, scince tuning prohibition means that we can't tune the brake balance (right?).

ABS will be optional for most events. However, if a car is fairly easy to drive without it I might ban it. Using the RA Functions in races will be allowed, as will tuning the brake ballance in the lobby.

Using the Power Limiter will not be allowed at all, it must be set to 100%.

Is this invitation only?

No, it's not. Anyone who has read the first 3 posts & feels that they meet the criteria can sign up. I've added you to the test drivers list. 👍

Last edited:
VBR
ABS will be optional for most events. However, if a car is fairly easy to drive without it I might ban it. Using the RA Functions in races will be allowed, as will tuning the brake ballance in the lobby.

Using the Power Limiter will not be allowed at all, it must be set to 100%.

My computer broke down earlier this week so I'm left with my playstation as the only way to communicate with the world. Not the most intuitive user interface...

Anyway, this sounds great, can't wait for the first event!

Any plans on having an endurance race later on? I would love an endurance for hot hatchbacks...

Thanks for the invitation Martin.
Due to my work schedule I won't be able to join you guys on week-days,but I'll keep my eye on this thread for races in the week-ends.
:cheers:

Any plans on having an endurance race later on? I would love an endurance for hot hatchbacks...

Yes, there will most certainly be some enduros at some point.

I like the idea and all that's been said so far 👍
I wouldn't mind being in on this. Provided you don't mind the casual attendance my work schedule dictates?
Sign me up :-)

I wouldn't mind being in on this. Provided you don't mind the casual attendance my work schedule dictates?

No problemo, you're on the Test Drivers list! 👍

Thanks for the invitation, but I don't know if I would be able to race for this. I race fast but when I get into a race where everything is clean I get nervous and focus on trying not to crash and then I wind up crashing. :boggled::dunce:
Thanks anyway and I hope this VTP group grows more :)
:lol: Same here.
I'm fine in free runs, but in a race I somewhat seem to loose the natural feeling that I normally have with both car and track. I start to brake too early/late/hard/soft, take a bad line, etc. I'm partially going to blame it due to using a DS3, lol.

Nice work VBR and thanks for the invite, all rules are just how I like it. I might join if you're racing with slower cars and if the time schedule allows it. Although not going to promise anything. :)

I would like to race when my schedule allows. I'm guessing the cars will be from the recommended list or do we need to purchase and brake them in first?

I would like to race when my schedule allows. I'm guessing the cars will be from the recommended list or do we need to purchase and brake them in first?

post #22 :)
VBR
Each event will be slightly different from the last. Some will be using pre-selected cars, others will be mixed PP (with or without drive train resrictions). some events will be using cars from the recommended garage. There will be some TT's, some track days, & some serious team based champoinships.

The first event will be using cars off the recommended list to keep things familiar & simple.

So im a humbled and a bit bemused that i have been invited as ive never raced online with GT5! (seriously i havent!) let alone as part of a league/club!:crazy:

Thanks for the invitation, count me in mate, I might be able to join on weekends only. The rules are very good 👍. I just have a silly :dunce: question: the cars must be completely stock or we could add visual parts to it (exept for rear wings)?

Cheers.

Thanks for the invite buddy, would love to join in. Gentlemen's race club, as it should be!

Sign me up.

I just have a silly :dunce: question: the cars must be completely stock or we could add visual parts to it (exept for rear wings)?

When the Vehicle-Tuning-Prohibited box is ticked in online lobbies, the only changes that you are able to make on a car is; alter the brake balance, the power limiter, & use the RA Functions in race. So the answer is no, they'd be completely stock.

The power limiter will also be banned when we use cars from our own garage.

So im a humbled and a bit bemused that i have been invited as ive never raced online with GT5! (seriously i havent!) let alone as part of a league/club!:crazy:

The reason I invited you was because you voted on a poll I ran regarding how good your online connection in GT5 is. Seeing as this event requires members to have good online connections, I invited everyone who voted that theirs was either good, great, or awesome.

Last edited:
VBR
When the Vehicle-Tuning-Prohibited box is ticked in online lobbies, the only changes that you are able to make on a car is; alter the brake balance, the power limiter, & use the RA Functions in race. So the answer is no, they'd be completely stock.

The power limiter will also be banned when we use cars from our own garage.
Thanks, I didn't know that because I mostly use stock cars in practice mode :).

Thanks, I didn't know that because I mostly use stock cars in practice mode :).

Have you ever raced online with others in stock cars? If not, this might not be the best series to start off with. I advise getting some practice in by joining a few clean Shuffle rooms online first.

Last edited:
Thanks for the invite. I am an active member of the CRAP group but am still interested in this group too. I love the non tuning races we've done and would like to do more as I have little time to test and tune due to family. Well run stock racing is a lot of fun. Cars have more character stock and drivers must adapt to them rather than mold all cars toward their own style with tuning (which obviously also has it's place, just not here).

I probably can't make the first race but will see if I can make others.

Thanks for the invitation. 👍

PSN: Sakery

Short question: If I make it this Wednesday, what Car (class, model etc) is to be used ?

Short question: If I make it this Wednesday, what Car (class, model etc) is to be used ?

I haven't posted that info up yet, but it will be up soon in the 2nd post, so check back. I can tell you that we'll be using 4 different cars from the Recommended Garage on 3 different real world tracks (plus one real world location), just to start things off nice & simply for everyone.

👍

Last edited:
My ps3 is having it's monthly visit i think, lol or it's just the snow, having a few problems but hopefully be good for the first race meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back