Thread Closed...

• Thread starter VBR
  • 133 comments

Multiple Choice: What times are best for you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
VBR
Have you ever raced online with others in stock cars? If not, this might not be the best series to start off with. I advise getting some practice in by joining a few clean Shuffle rooms online first.

Yes, Martin I've raced with stock cars online, but I mostly use stock cars for doing lapboards :dopey:

Yes, Martin I've raced with stock cars online, but I mostly use stock cars for doing lapboards :dopey:

I see, you should be fine then. 👍

I'm gonna include the word "experienced" in the OP to avoid giving anyone the wrong impression.

Are there any online practice sessions for this so we can all get together?

Incidentally VBR where did you get my name from to invite me? Have we raced before?

Are there any online practice sessions for this so we can all get together?

Incidentally VBR where did you get my name from to invite me? Have we raced before?

No, there will not be any online practice sessions. I have some car & track combos that I plan on testing this afternoon, the plan is then to post them up this evening so that people can practice. If a few guys end up on my PSN friends list, then I might use my private lounge for testing, thanks for the inspiration.

I invited people who raced at SSCS, the last event I organised & ran here. I also invited people who voted in a poll I ran asking how good their connection was in GT5, & some guys I'd met online in clean shuffle/spec rooms. Lastly, I invited people who posted in a thread about liking to drive stock cars. I was hoping to find suitable drivers for this event by doing these things.

:D

I accept, but like ive said before, ive never raced online on GT5 before!, So who knows whats going to happen!:lol:

I accept, but like ive said before, ive never raced online on GT5 before!, So who knows whats going to happen!:lol:

It might be best to try a few shuffle races in clean lobbies before you come race with us, as this event is for experienced online racers only!

👍

PS: Event post has been updated. :)

Mate,i read that "bumb drafting" is allowed...what does this meen exactly?...

Sure you are not alowed to help a "friend" right?

Just making sure i understand correctly mate!

Spy.

whats the recommended list?
can i use my own cars from my own garage or will i be 'given' the cars once its time?
its all VERY new to me as ive never had an online driving experience like this before (i mean, pre-thought out, proper race to look forward to).
but i dont get - is nordschleife just a warm up? and the "real" race starts at the Eiger?

Mate,i read that "bumb drafting" is allowed...what does this meen exactly?

Good question! Bump drafting refers to driving directly behind another driver on a straight, & choosing to bump them gently from behind. This will increase the speed of both cars. I use it sometimes to break away from drivers behind me, & sometimes to make sure that I'll be in P1 by the end of a straight. They do it in NASCAR, however it can be dangerous in high speed corners, hence the limitation in the SCR to doing it only on straights & well before braking zones.

Last edited:
I can never make it past 7:00pm GMT unfortunately. Although I assume there might be more than 15 people showing up anyway. :)
Anyway, you mind if I send you a FR?

I can never make it past 7:00pm GMT unfortunately. Although I assume there might be more than 15 people showing up anyway. :)
Anyway, you mind if I send you a FR?

As mentioned in the OP, I will be running some events on Saturday & Sunday afternoons, so keep checking back. Like I have already said, this event is a Turn Up event which is first come first served. Not everyone who has signed up can make Wednesdays either, especially the US based guys, so I don't know how many will show. It's gonna be held in Open Lobby, so I'm hoping more clean drivers will join from the PSN friends lists of Stock Club members.

Oh yes, shoot me an FR. Always good to have another gentlemen driver on my list! :D

Later evenings are potentially good for me after my wife has gone to bed. UK based

Last edited:
Well the Sunday evenings are all that would work for me. Dang time differences. :lol:

Try the Sunday Night American Interactive League (S.N.A.I.L), they do Tuning Prohibited racing that would suit your timezone.

👍

Later evenings are potentially good for me after my wife has gone to bed. UK based

You can join Turn Up events at anytime, no need to be there for the start. We should be Shuffle Racing afterwards too, if everyone is still up for it, just come as & when you can, no pressure. :)

VBR
Try the Sunday Night American Interactive League (S.N.A.I.L), they do Tuning Prohibited racing that would suit your timezone.

👍

I'm in the U.S. Eastern Time Zone, so I'm 5 hours behind you. I work Mondays and Wednesdays, so those days wouldn't work for me. I like to sleep in on the weekends, so Saturdays and the early Sunday races would be out for me, too :lol:. So that pretty much leaves the late Sunday session. I may partake if some races were to fall at that time. Looking at the poll, everything is almost dead even. Pretty crazy.

As for other leagues, I haven't joined up with S.N.A.I.L., but I did just join the Turtle Racing League last week. That doesn't mean I still wouldn't run any Sunday races in this league. 👍

I'll definately try & run some weekend events for the US based guys who've shown interest. Just check the PM's I send out the events post in this thread.

👍

So i spent the afternoon racing online for the first time to prepare for wednesday night..it was quite good entered quiter a lot of races, won a few of them, will try and do some more tomorrow...

Looking at the options... I can't do Monday or Wednesday, I don't play during the week at all usually because I don't have the time to anymore (I only login for the bonus, otherwise very rarely.)

On weekends, I don't generally play during British afternoons (EST, 5 hours behind) but I do play during evenings - but this is usually with the FRC (Free Run Club) hosted by Ibpomg95.

Saturday is truly the only one that works for me, I volunteer at my church on Sunday for the hours I need to complete the school system requirements and I can't miss that.

US Eastern time zone for me as well. The 5 hour difference is kind to me as I am free most afternoons. Sundays and Mondays I have off and Weekdays I have a 4 hour break from 1-5pm on average. The only day that doesn't work for me is Sat. This week is unusually busy for me and it may be hard to find racing time, but next week is back to slacker normal.:dopey:

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll definately try & fit you all in at some point & rotate that days & times for Stock Club events.

So i spent the afternoon racing online for the first time to prepare for wednesday night..it was quite good entered quiter a lot of races, won a few of them, will try and do some more tomorrow...

Well done. Keep on practising with a veiw to avoiding contact with other drivers, as even a light tap can PERMANENTLY damage another players car for the whole race when damage is set to Heavy (as it will be Wednesday). That's not gonna go down well at turn 1 when we're doing 10 lappers!

Also, find rooms that ban SRF & Boost, you'll find better drivers this way. And only enter rooms that have "Clean", "Pro", or "Fairplay" in the titles.

Enjoy! 👍

Here's your post then Martin.

Should be fun.:)

Thanks Wes, you're on the list! :D

Cheers Martin for the invite you can sign me up

I might be able to make it on Wednesday 30th january but very unlikely but will make it on The weekends and some Wednesdays

Cheers Martin for the invite you can sign me up

I might be able to make it on Wednesday 30th january but very unlikely but will make it on The weekends and some Wednesdays

You're welcome, & I've added you to the Test Drivers list. Please vote in the poll at the top of this thread, it's multiple choise by the way. 👍

Oy, thanks for the invite. This sounds like it will bring some of the fun back to GT5 for me.

sign me up

-5 est for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back