Thread Closed...

• Thread starter VBR
  • 133 comments

Multiple Choice: What times are best for you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill give this a proper read through then see if it works for me, I enjoy stock cars racing though.👍

Love stock racing! No idea how you found me but I guess I've been in one of those categories you mentioned before.

Won't be making every race since I have a very random schedule, but when I have time I will definitely be in. (if there's room..)

Just a quick question
if we all want to race on the same day how will you decide who races

Ill give this a proper read through then see if it works for me...

You sir, are a wise man! Is everybody else listening? "Ill give this a proper read through..." 👍

Just a quick question
if we all want to race on the same day how will you decide who races

Like it says in the OP, Turn Up events are run on a "first come first served basis"! I doubt there will be more than 16 members who will be able to race at the same time. I've only ever seen 16 on track for the whole race once in an open lobby last year. The most I ever had at my other event I ran was 14.

Last edited:
I'm at US Pacific Time. I'll try to come to the weekend events, but I unfortunately cannot attend the weekday events. :(

What aids will be allowed? I'm especially thinking of ABS...
VBR
ABS will be optional for most events. However, if a car is fairly easy to drive without it I might ban it.
OK8
You can remove me from the list.

Are you sure? There will be some events that will not use ABS. Also, Some ABS 0 drivers feel that they are pretty much as fast without it as with it, is that not true of you?

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be good if we could video our races I can't do it so is anyone willing to do it and put it on YouTube

The events post has been updated!

I have postponed the 10 lapper event until next week, mainly because I wanna test out the ability & connections of those who signed up in shorter Shuffle races first. This will avoid the frustration of being hit & damaged by an incompetent driver at turn 1 on lap1 of a 10 lap race! Also, it will be a way to test out the SCR & see if they actually work in practice. I'm not sure that the qually rules will work, especially rules 3:B & 3:C, so any constructive feedback after the event will be most welcome.

👍

Last edited:
What time will you be finishing tomorrow night?
I should be able to get on sometime after 9 for a few races.

For me, Sunday Evening BST would be best, I can manage most Saturday or Sunday afternoons BST, but being in the Mountain Time Zone puts me 7 hours back of you.

This doesn't conflict with anything I'm currently involved with, definitely interested if you run some events during those time slots 👍

What time will you be finishing tomorrow night?
I should be able to get on sometime after 9 for a few races.

We'll be going on until everyone has had enough! I usually like to race for a good 4 hours.

:)

For me, Sunday Evening BST would be best, I can manage most Saturday or Sunday afternoons BST, but being in the Mountain Time Zone puts me 7 hours back of you.

This doesn't conflict with anything I'm currently involved with, definitely interested if you run some events during those time slots 👍

With a few guys from EST & PST showing interest, Sunday evenings are looking more & more likely. As long as it doesn't interupt anything that's going on with S.N.A.I.L, then I'm ok with it. You're on the list! :D

👍

Will the event start right at 7:30? Or the room will open at that time? Because if it's the latter I can join. :D

Will the event start right at 7:30? Or the room will open at that time? Because if it's the latter I can join. :D

Mexico is in the Central Time Zone (CST) which is 6 hours behind the UK, so for you the room will open at 1:30pm. We will probably be racing for about 4 hours, just turn up if & when you can.

Qualification rules have been significantly updated & revised, please read them before tomorrow.

👍

Question. Will there be qualifying even when shuffle racing?

That would only be possible for the first shuffle race of the evening, as all races thereafter are locked into reverse grid. So, there might be one qually session for a shuffle race.

Ah I see. sounds fantastic and I will probably make it tomorrow so that you can evaluate me ;)

VBR
With a few guys from EST & PST showing interest, Sunday evenings are looking more & more likely. As long as it doesn't interupt anything that's going on with S.N.A.I.L, then I'm ok with it. You're on the list! :D

👍

Exactly.

If it does interfere, pretty sure I'll be choosing S.N.A.I.L. ;) Sure hope it doesn't 👍

Hi all.

If it's ok I would like to join you as I really enjoy racing stock cars.

Just a couple of questions:

Will the cars for this first race be from the recommended list?

Will you publish the room number here or is it a personal lounge?

Looking forward to it!

I am off work tomorrow so I can show up for the shuffle racing event etc :).

This sounds great. This is the kind of racing I do most of the time anyway, and I know many of you from that. I guess I'm not 'invited', but I hope I'll get the chance to participate. Thanks for putting this on!

This sounds great. This is the kind of racing I do most of the time anyway, and I know many of you from that. I guess I'm not 'invited', but I hope I'll get the chance to participate. Thanks for putting this on!

Yeah you stumbled in on a random shuffle room I happened to be in, then proceeded to kick our butts :P.

Last edited:
I see some really good names popping up here, I wonder how many are that high class. In a field of longbows and macs i will be far far behind. ^^

i can be there. who do i need to add to friends list so i can "drink some coffee" with youse guys? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back