"Three Legendary Cars" Trophy

• Thread starter Grimm6Jack
  • 528 comments
It's very likely these are the cars for this trophy:
XJ13 1966
Ford Mark IV 1967
Ferrari P4 330 1967
There's an event in GT5 with these cars and it makes a reference (or another trophy does, I don't remember exactly) just like this trophy does, "cars born to win Le Mans".
That would have been my thinking but I also thought homologation specials for the GT1 category, McLaren F1 GTR, Porsche 911 GT1 and Merc CLK GTR.

Most likely the older cars though

On PSN 0.1% is the default (and lowest possible) value.

Go check PSN profiles and there's 0%. No one has this trophy. And the biggest trophy hunters are all asking how to get this one.

It seems that it's either bugged or we need 3 specific cars, of which at least 1 (maybe all 3) has not appeared yet in the Legendary Car Dealer.
I saw plenty other games with 0% on trophies at one time... (specially new dlcs or new games even, when they launch) gran turismo itself had other 0% trophies at day one. The minimum is 0, just like with the platinum. psnprofiles only counts for people who are in psnprofiles. If the one who got the trophy does not signup to psnprofiles it will show zero. That is why the percentual of trophies on psnprofiles are usually higher, because people who are there are trophy hunters. It even shows the numbers of people of the site (not the same of psn). To give you a perspective I am at 468 position of my country rank on psnprofiles. But in a site that has only people from my country I am below 10k position. That is because these sites do not have data from all PSN users, only those who sign up. I know a lot of folks here in Brazil who do not use psnprofiles for instance.

Hope everyone gets eventually.

Yeah, it appears there's still another legendary car coming that will give us what we need for this trophy. I have all legendary cars, including the F1 as of about 20 minutes ago, and still no trophy.

Yeah, it appears there's still another legendary car coming that will give us what we need for this trophy. I have all legendary cars, including the F1 as of about 20 minutes ago, and still no trophy.
So you've got the XJ13, 330 P4 and GT40 Mark IV, still no trophy?

Off-topic, but did you already get the trophy where you have to drive something like 80,000km online? How long did that one take?
I don't have it, but it is not quite what it seems. It is about driving online with other people and counts their miles and yours, so I think driving in sport mode or lobbies counts towards it. So although it might still be difficult to get it will be easier than it seems at first.

Last edited:
I don't have it, but it is not quite what it seems. It is about driving online with other people, so I think driving in sport mode or lobbies counts towards it. So although it might still be difficult to get it will be easier than it seems at first.
It's incredibly easy to get - it is, as you say, the cumulative mileage of all drivers in a given multiplayer race - but free run doesn't count.

Two hours in a Tomahawk at SSRX with a mostly full lobby will do it.

Last edited:
I was wondering how long it would be before other trophy hunters started asking this.

Basically this is the only trophy I have left to do and so I have stopped playing the game until the payouts improve to make this an achievable goal.

There is no way in the world will I subject myself to the pain of grinding the 30-40mil credits needed to do this when we still do not know which cars are required. And as a dead set certainty I will NEVER EVER resort to buying credits either.

So my advice is be patient, sit back and just wait. The trophy will eventually be available ;-)

BTW all I could think about while doing the trophies is how on earth will anybody ever be able to do a speed run at the Platinum.
And this is a good thing hopefully it wont be available for a couple of years to stop trophy hunters completing the game and moving on. lol

I got the mileage trophies without ever participating in a multiplayer race.
Yeah, there's a bunch that are glitched in entirely mad ways. I got Rain Royalty and I haven't even done the entire S Licence yet.

Hm... weird achievement.. like the "Buy the same car 10 times" achievement, i find this.. maybe.. it cloud insentivize poeple to buy more credits via the store. could.

Yeah, there's a bunch that are glitched in entirely mad ways. I got Rain Royalty and I haven't even done the entire S Licence yet.
Oh wow. That sounds bad.

It's incredibly easy to get - it is, as you say, the cumulative mileage of all drivers in a given multiplayer race - but free run doesn't count.

Two hours in a Tomahawk at SSRX with a mostly full lobby will do it.
Apologies for continuing the hijack of this topic, but serendipitously I received the Autobahn trophy this evening. It was while doing a Mission (the pass in 'gone with the wind'), which means that Missions contribute to the required mileage (you are doing mileage while sharing a track). That would explain why @XSRacing111 received it without Multi-Player or Sport play. It also likely means that we users misunderstood the requirements, rather than it being glitched.

Now only 3 trophies to go before Platinum...:cheers:

Apologies for continuing the hijack of this topic, but serendipitously I received the Autobahn trophy this evening. It was while doing a Mission (the pass in 'gone with the wind'), which means that Missions contribute to the required mileage (you are doing mileage while sharing a track). That would explain why @XSRacing111 received it without Multi-Player or Sport play.
Except there's nowhere near enough mileage in Missions to meet the specific distance requirements unless you're repeating all of the hour-long races 18 times each.

I can confirm it's supposed to work on shared mileage in lobbies between all participants. However people have been getting the trophy at all sorts of times, including with no online multiplayer and their own personal mileage considerably below the figure stated in the trophy description.

As I also just noted, I got the Rain Royalty trophy myself without even starting on the S1 Licence (S-10 being the final licence test with wet weather conditions), which was clearly a glitch. These things happen, and it seems to be the case with these multiplayer trophies in some circumstances.

I don't have it, but it is not quite what it seems. It is about driving online with other people and counts their miles and yours, so I think driving in sport mode or lobbies counts towards it. So although it might still be difficult to get it will be easier than it seems at first.
That’s great to hear, I thought that the platinum would be out of my reach.

I got the mileage trophies without ever participating in a multiplayer race.
I can confirm this. I also got it like this in a world circuit race, no multiplayer at all.

The three legendary cars is possibly glitched?

With the lots increasing in the next few days that should help us out with the trophy. I'm not going to start splurging on cars until I platinum the game.

It has been suggested elsewhere on the web that three clues a car is on the trophy list are that it is from the Legend dealership, that it has the #Le Mans tag, and that the text from the "Learn More" button will say it won a 24-hour race. Using this YouTube Legend dealership playlist from Stef Helderman, which goes back to March 4, as a guide, there have been only 3 legends cars tagged with the #Le Mans tag as of this morning:
  • 1989 Mercedes-Benz Sauber Mercedes C9 (which won that year)
  • 1967 Ford Mark IV Race Car (which won that year)
  • 1966 Jaguar XJ13 (which never raced)
Unfortunately, none of the videos has the text from the "Learn More" button (and even if it had, I don't read Dutch, or at least I think it's Dutch).

Of the remaining cars that most everybody thinks will show up as a Legend car, these are the ones that won Le Mans in the year the car guide has listed:
  • 1952 Mercedes-Benz 300SL W194
  • 1988 Jaguar XJR-9
  • 1991 Mazda 787B
  • 1995 F1 GTR Kokusai Kaihatsu Racing
In addition, the Porsche 962 C won Le Mans multiple years, but not in 1988, its (almost-certain) vintage in GT7.

Trophies like this one for me are a clever way of preventing the players from selling or abandoning the game too soon. You have to earn the cash AND wait for the legendary cars to pop up. Project CARS 1 had a similar trophy requiring to do community events over several weeks of playing the game.

It has been suggested elsewhere on the web that three clues a car is on the trophy list are that it is from the Legend dealership, that it has the #Le Mans tag, and that the text from the "Learn More" button will say it won a 24-hour race. Using this YouTube Legend dealership playlist from Stef Helderman, which goes back to March 4, as a guide, there have been only 3 legends cars tagged with the #Le Mans tag as of this morning:
Unfortunately, none of the videos has the text from the "Learn More" button (and even if it had, I don't read Dutch, or at least I think it's Dutch).

Of the remaining cars that most everybody thinks will show up as a Legend car, these are the ones that won Le Mans in the year the car guide has listed:
  • 1988 Jaguar XJR-9
  • 1991 Mazda 787B
In addition, the Porsche 962 C won Le Mans multiple years, but not in 1988, its (almost-certain) vintage in GT7.
Seemed to me from the beginning that the eligible cars would be the legendary ones with the #LeMans tag. But I guess that would mean some players should have the trophy unlocked by now, seem that three of those cars have become available.

• 1988 Jaguar XJR-9
  • 1991 Mazda 787B
So basically we have all these cars that are the exact ones (livery and year) that won 24hr Le Mans:

Sauber Mercedes C9
Ford Mark IV
Mercedes 300SL W194
Jaguar XJR-9
Mazda 787B
McLaren F1 GTR Kokusai Kaihatsu Racing

Cars which have won 24hr Le Mans but are not the correct livery or year:

Porsche 962C - 1988
Jaguar D-Type - 1954
Porsche 917k - 1970 (it won Le Mans in 1970 but the livery of the one in gT7 is the one that won Daytona)

Cars that have won other 24hr races OR won their class in 24hr races, including Le Mans:

Porsche 917k (24hr Daytona)
Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe (24hr Le Mans)
Ferrari 330 P4 (24hr Daytona)

So far, we only had 3 of these cars appear: 3 of which won Le Mans but one of them is not the right livery (Porsche 917k) so it's likely really going to be 3 Le Mans winners.

Tonight there will be 1 new car on the list. Let's hope it's a Le Mans winner. If it is a car from my first list here above, and the trophy doesn't pop, then the trophy is bugged/glitched.

Seemed to me from the beginning that the eligible cars would be the legendary ones with the #LeMans tag. But I guess that would mean some players should have the trophy unlocked by now, seem that three of those cars have become available.
Except the XJ13 never raced, much less won. We have had two #Le Mans tagged winners in the Legends dealership, and two more Le Mans winners which weren't tagged (the 1970 Porsche 917K, which won in 1970 and 1971, and the 1966 Ford GT40 Mk1, which won in 1968 and 1969). That tells me that both the tag and the race win are requirements.
(snip)

Cars that have won other 24hr races OR won their class in 24hr races, including Le Mans:

Porsche 917k (24hr Daytona)
Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe (24hr Le Mans)
Ferrari 330 P4 (24hr Daytona)

So far, we only had 3 of these cars appear: 3 of which won Le Mans but one of them is not the right livery (Porsche 917k) so it's likely really going to be 3 Le Mans winners.

Tonight there will be 1 new car on the list. Let's hope it's a Le Mans winner. If it is a car from my first list here above, and the trophy doesn't pop, then the trophy is bugged/glitched.
I forgot about the D-Type. One more possibility if one goes beyond Le Mans - the 1937/1938 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B, which won the 1938 Spa 24-hour race. The reason I have the year in question is the unofficial car lists have it as the 1937, while the Car Collection menu suggests it will be the 1938.

Unless you have the cash to burn, first make sure it has a Le Mans (or Spa if it's the Alfa, or Daytona if it's the Ferrari) tag. The 917K, in addition to being the Daytona livery instead of the Le Mans one, didn't have either a Le Mans or Daytona tag. That makes me think it's specific to Le Mans and same-year model and winner.

Last edited:
I think 1 of these is actually the gt40 mark I '66. Why? Because it was when it all started for the ford le mans victory. But we will see ...

Back