"Three Legendary Cars" Trophy

• Thread starter Grimm6Jack
  • 528 comments
So far this is definitely the worst trophy of the game as it's basically a guessing game that will cost you a lot of time and effort if you get it wrong. I was very close myself to buy some cars that were confirmed to not work and that would've been a couple of million down the drain.

It's fair to say that I will not work towards this trophy until I'm 100% sure of the outcome.

Last edited:
So far this is definitely the worst trophy of the game as it's basically a guessing game that will cost you a lot of time and effort if you get it wrong. I was very close myself to buy some cars that were confirmed to not work and that would've been a couple of million down the drain.

It's fair to say that I will not work towards this trophy until I'm 100% sure of the outcome.
Have you tried looking at the trophy list of the previous GT games? I'm certain a clue there

So apparently there is a Triple Crown of endurance racing (the only motorsport one I knew of was LeMans 24hrs, Monaco GP and Indy 500) which consist of LeMans 24hrs, Daytona 24hrs and 12hrs of Sebring. Could it be a winner from each to get the trophy?

In theory, going by the criteria of cars sold in the Legendary car dealership, and that of Le Mans winners, this would mean that you need to collect at least three of which to have a shot at the trophy, such as:

• Ford Mark IV Race Car '67
  • Jaguar XJR-9 '88
  • Mazda 787B '91
  • McLaren F1 GTR - BMW '95
  • Mercedes Benz 300 SL (W194) '52
  • Mercedes Benz Sauber Mercedes C9 '89
Technically, the Porsche 917K is a Le Mans winner (it won Le Mans in '70), but the model depicted in the game won the 24 Hours of Daytona.

But if you collect at least three of them and you still don't have the trophy, then there really isn't a clear way how to get through it unless somebody explains it clearly with what cars you should get.

Fascinating mystery. At some point one of the rubber band afk grinders must have bought all of them and got the trophy. I hope he will proudly post in this thread and release us from our misery.

Fascinating mystery. At some point one of the rubber band afk grinders must have bought all of them and got the trophy. I hope he will proudly post in this thread and release us from our misery.
Not if one of the required cars hasn't been made available yet, which seems to be the case.

I thought it's the same trophy as the one in GT5?
No.

GT5 -
Dream Race

Win the ultimate three-way showdown between a Ford Mark IV Race Car, a Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car and a Jaguar XJ13 Race Car.

GT7 -
Three Legendary Cars

Acquired three legendary race cars that were once destined to win 24 hour races.

People seem to think that GT5 trophy is a clue, but I don't see how. Different requirements. XJ13 won nothing.

No.

GT5 -
Dream Race

Win the ultimate three-way showdown between a Ford Mark IV Race Car, a Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car and a Jaguar XJ13 Race Car.

GT7 -
Three Legendary Cars

Acquired three legendary race cars that were once destined to win 24 hour races.

People seem to think that GT5 trophy is a clue, but I don't see how. Different requirements. XJ13 won nothing.
Yeah I got that confused at first. But I still think it's supposed to be those 3 cars. I don't know though, time will tell.

The keyword for me is "destined".

Last edited:
Yeah I got that confused at first. But I still think it's supposed to be those 3 cars. I don't know though, time will tell.

The keyword for me is "destined".
Indeed. As mentioned already in the thread it's the "destined" word that throws a wrench into things, because who decides on whether a car was destined to win a race? The XJ13 was built with the goal of racing at Le Mans but I think it'd be a stretch to say that it was destined to win when it never did a lap there, it was only ever tested in the UK and never even really got close to racing at Le Mans.

Indeed. As mentioned already in the thread it's the "destined" word that throws a wrench into things, because who decides on whether a car was destined to win a race? The XJ13 was built with the goal of racing at Le Mans but I think it'd be a stretch to say that it was destined to win when it never did a lap there, it was only ever tested in the UK and never even really got close to racing at Le Mans.
But someone mentioned that they already owned 3 of the Le Mans winner and no trophy too. I do agree with you that it seems like a stretch.

What if this is about cars that almost won, but failed in the end? Like the Toyota that stopped on the last lap?

But someone mentioned that they already owned 3 of the Le Mans winner and no trophy too. I do agree with you that it seems like a stretch.
Well the 330 P4 hasn't been sold yet and that won Daytona IIRC, so it may be one of the specific three they want.
What if this is about cars that almost won, but failed in the end? Like the Toyota that stopped on the last lap?
Probably wouldn't describe cars like that as Legendary though.

Well the 330 P4 hasn't been sold yet and that won Daytona IIRC, so it may be one of the specific three they want.

Probably wouldn't describe cars like that as Legendary though.
The legendary could just mean you get it at Haggarty.

The wording is the problem, many worthy cars in the game, particularly if the trophy specified Le Man's "winners" instead of 'destined to win'

The guess that it will be the;
Ford GT40 MK IV
Ferrari 330 P4 and
Jaguar XJ13 '66

Has merit if consider the word 'destined' with the history of the time.

Jaguar's successful D-Type in a period they dominated with Ferrari was the blueprint for winning le man's and proceeds the development of the XJ13.

Ferrari had well established racing pedigree and there was no reason to believe that either Ferrari or Jaguar would build a car in the 60's to win Le Man's. Except for one racing program designed to take the fight to Ferrari...

Enter Ford's GT40 program and Carroll Shelby, Ken Miles et el. While the early development showed great promise by the time the FORD GT40 MK IV was unveiled not only would it go on to beat Ferrarri, but the 7.0 liter monster showed Jaguar how far behind the other two they were and they shelved the XJ13.

It's going to be these three cars. It makes sense in the world of Polyphony and scope of Kaz's vision.

Just wait for the Ferrari 330 P4 to come to LCD.

As I have posted in another thread:
The German version of the trophy translates to:

“Bought three legendary cars that once have won 24 hour races.”

That’s really odd to say the least.

By this description it seems like it’s not just about Le Mans Cars, it’s about 24h races in general.

English isn't my native language, but in my view "destined" means any car which was intended to win a 24h race. It seems irrelevant whether the car has actually competed or not any race. My bet for this trophy is the three cars PD had already made reference before.

Another (likely) false hope - the 1998 AMG (not Mercedes-Benz) CLK-LM - is now in the legend dealership for 6,250,000 Cr. It does have the #Le Mans tag, but both of the cars that raced in the 24 Hours of Le Mans that year blew their motors early on.

Last edited:
Stuck on this too.. wonder if it’ll be one winner from 3 different 24hr races.. what would that list look like?

Stuck on this too.. wonder if it’ll be one winner from 3 different 24hr races.. what would that list look like?
300SL W194 won LM in 1952;
GT40 Mark IV won Le Mans only, in 1967;
330 P4 won Daytona only, in 1967;
GT40 MKI won Le Mans in 68 and 69 (but it's a modified version, not exactly the same we have in GT7);
917K won both Le mans (70 and 71) and Daytona (70 and 71);
Porsche 962 and Jaguar XJR-9 won both LM and Daytona;
Mazda 787B won LM in 1991;

Last edited:
If it's going to be 3 Hagerty's cars from 3 different 24-hour races, it would be:
  • One of the Le Mans winners - of which 2 have appeared in Le Mans-winning race-car trim, and another 4 (or perhaps 5) which have yet to appear in matching in-game year/livery and winning year/livery form. That would (likely) preclude the 1954 Jaguar D-type and 1988 Porsche 962C from the list when they finally do appear as they didn't win in the years that will be in the game, but in different years. The 1997 BMW McLaren F1 GTR did win its class in 1997, but not the overall race.
  • A Daytona 24-hour winner - either the 1970 Porsche 917K (1970 Daytona 24-hour winner; a different variant won the 1970 24 Hours of Le Mans), the 1967 Ferrari 330 P4 (1967 Daytona 24-hour winner, which hasn't appeared yet), or the 1988 Jaguar XJR-9 (which also won Le Mans in 1988, and hasn't appeared yet). Again, the 962C would (likely) be precluded as it didn't win in 1988.
  • The sole Spa 24-hour winner - the 1938 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B, which hasn't appeared yet
None of the Nurburgring 24-hour winners have appeared or are slated to appear in Hagerty's.

Here's what we know doesn't trigger the trophy:
  • Anything from either Brand Central or the UCD
  • A #road car tagged variant of a Le Mans or Spa winner (as the 1966 Ford GT40 Mark 1 and 1997 Porsche 911 GT1 or the 1938 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B Touring Berlinetta didn't trigger the trophy)
  • A #Le Mans tagged car that didn't win Le Mans (as the 1966 Jaguar XJ13 and 1998 AMG CLK-LM didn't trigger the trophy)
If it is a duplication of the GT5 trophy, we'll know when the 1967 Ferrari 330 P4 shows up. if not, we should know if it is any 3 #Le Mans-tagged winners (or at least 3 Le Mans winners that match year/livery/variant) or the Le Mans/Daytona/Spa trifecta when the first of these cars show up:
  • 1938 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B
  • 1952 Mercedes-Benz 300SL W194
  • 1988 Jaguar XJR-9
  • 1991 Mazda 787B
  • 1995 McLaren F1 GTR
  • Only if class wins count 1997 BMW McLaren F1 GTR
Edit - the Alfa showed up as a max-cost road car, so I highly doubt it would trigger the trophy (I can't afford it). Also, I doubt the 1995 McLaren will do it as the Hagerty's-liveried version showed up for Hagerty's customers.

Last edited:
We can now (likely) rule out the 3 different 24-hour races - the Alfa is now available...as a road car. Indeed, not only is it tagged as a road car, but the "Learn More" section does not mention Spa.

That leaves either 3 Le Mans winners in their winning livery or a duplication of the GT5 trophy (Ford Mark IV Race Car, Jaguar XJ13 and Ferrari 330 P4). I'm leaning toward the latter as the Hagerty-liveried version of the 1995 McLaren F1 GTR did not pop the trophy for anybody.

Last edited:
So, still no one but the "supposed" dev, has the trophy yet even after the Alfa 8C.

This is going to be a long trophy... 3 more days until we have at least 1 more new LCD car.

Last edited:
Supposedly someone already got the trophy however.
That "someone" who has the trophy is either a hacker or a developer (in testing most likely). It's not a real player, because we have real players who post here and in other forums (the "rubberband afk" grinders) who have gotten all the cars available so far and still don't have the trophy.

Also notice that the Platinum is still at 0%.

Impossible, because we are yet to see the 3rd car that has won Le Mans shown in the Legendary Car Dealer.

The only two cars that have won Le Mans (correct livery and year) are the Sauber C9 in 1989 and the Ford Mark IV in 1967.

The Porsche 917k has won Le Mans but the one in the game has the incorrect livery.

The only ones remaining who have won Le Mans and have the correct year and livery are:

Mazda 787B (1991)
Mercedes 300SL W194 (1952)
McLaren F1 GTR Kokusai Kaihatsu Racing (1995)
Jaguar XJR-9 (1988)

If one of these 4 appears and someone with the Sauber C9 and Mark IV buys it, and the trophy pops, it will confirm that the trophy is about 3 cars that won Le Mans and have to be the correct livery and year.

My fear is IF someone who already owns the C9 and the Mark IV buys any of these 4 cars left and the trophy doesn't pop.
If this happens, then this is the most random trophy I've ever seen. Literally no way of telling what 3 cars are needed if this ends up being the case.

Last edited:
My fear is IF someone who already owns the C9 and the Mark IV buys any of these 4 cars left and the trophy doesn't pop.
If this happens, then this is the most random trophy I've ever seen. Literally no way of telling what 3 cars are needed if this ends up being the case.
That is at least somewhat likely as the Hagerty's version of the 1995 McLaren F1 GTR is now available and supposedly did not increase the total Car Collection count to 425.

That leaves the duplication of the GT5 trophy, of which we still don't have the Ferrari.

That is at least somewhat likely as the Hagerty's version of the 1995 McLaren F1 GTR is now available and supposedly did not increase the total Car Collection count to 425.

That leaves the duplication of the GT5 trophy, of which we still don't have the Ferrari.
If it's the duplication of the GT5 trophy, then the trophy description is completely misleading... Or rather... Outright lying to you.

The Hagerthy's version is literally that... Hagerthy's version. We have already ruled that liveries will likely matter (Porsche 917K). So that livery would still not be the correct one that won the 24hr Le Mans. Also, that car wasn't obtained from the Legendary Car Dealer either and not all players can have it.

Last edited:
If it's the duplication of the GT5 trophy, then the trophy description is completely misleading... Or rather... Outright lying to you.

The Hagerthy's version is literally that... Hagerthy's version. We have already ruled that liveries will likely matter (Porsche 917K). So that livery would still not be the correct one that won the 24hr Le Mans. Also, that car wasn't obtained from the Legendary Car Dealer either and not all players can have it.
I'm basing my guess the McLaren won't pop the trophy on the fact that, even though the garage calls the Mazda RX-Vision stealth model the stealth model, both Brand Central and the Car Collection call it the base model. We haven't seen whether the Hagerty's version is tagged with Le Mans, nor have we actually seen what that model does in the car collection, so that tag could still be a clue.

Hopefully we'll know by Friday night, when we'll get at least one new legend, and perhaps a dealer expansion. If it is essentially a repeat of the GT5 trophy, PD will say that it was mistranslated.

Edit - We're likely going to get the dealer expansion overnight tonight as a game-update maintenance notice for April 7 05:00-0:700 UTC popped up.

Last edited:
Back