"Three Legendary Cars" Trophy

• Thread starter Grimm6Jack
  • 528 comments
The guy who has the trophy has only played 2 games, and barely has any GT7 trophies, and the Three Legendary Cars trophy is supposed to be a end-game trophy:

Hacking, or a developer testing something. Why? Because he got the 50 and the 100 car trophies at the exact same time, and that is simply IMPOSSIBLE to do.

Hi all, does anyone have any confirmation on the newly added BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97?
The wiki about the car says: 'At Le Mans 1995, the Kokusai Kaihatsu McLaren obtained victory[2] and the highest practice top speed of the year, reaching 281 km/h (174.605 mph) on the Mulsanne Straight', so would it be safe to assume it counts towards the trophy, as it has indeed won Le Mans?

Hi all, does anyone have any confirmation on the newly added BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97?
The wiki about the car says: 'At Le Mans 1995, the Kokusai Kaihatsu McLaren obtained victory[2] and the highest practice top speed of the year, reaching 281 km/h (174.605 mph) on the Mulsanne Straight', so would it be safe to assume it counts towards the trophy, as it has indeed won Le Mans?
This car likely doesn't count as we do have the 95 Kokusai Kaihatsu McLaren in the game and listed as being possible to appear in the legends dealership. The 300SL however does mention that the car won Le mans when you click learn more, so if anyone has the Mark IV and Sauber C9, this car might be the key to the trophy

Last edited:
I'm not sure how you've come to that conclusion. The 1995 car and 1997 car are quite different, the 1997 one available now finished third at Le Mans.

The guy who has the trophy has only played 2 games, and barely has any GT7 trophies, and the Three Legendary Cars trophy is supposed to be a end-game trophy:

Hacking, or a developer testing something. Why? Because he got the 50 and the 100 car trophies at the exact same time, and that is simply IMPOSSIBLE to do.
It may be possible if he got the trophies on his PS4 first, and then starts the game on a PS5 for the first time. They have different trophy progressions even though you play on the same game save. I've alternated a little, which has left me with some trophies for PS4, some for PS5 and some on both of them. It really is a bit of a mess and I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to sync the two.

Wow In Brand central they add Audi R8 - winner of 24h Nurburgring (hashtag have olso 24h), but this may not count for trophy - who knows-not sure yet?????
Mercedes 300SL i(w194) '52 in LDS, in other side no have hashtag 24h?
What a miserious trophy is this, PD????Bay the way i grab Ferrari 365 GTB4' 71-Love so much their cars!!!! Cheers!

Last edited:
Assuming the trophy hasn't popped for anybody, we can now rule out Le Mans class winners (though the #42 BMW McLaren wasn't the actual class winner - the #43 was) and untagged winning liveries (the #21 1952 Mercedes 300 SL did win).

I hate how cryptic this is. Was about to buy the 300 SL but then I decided to look up this thread and now I’m conflicted about the purchase.

Surely someone must have finished this trophy by now? :confused:

Assuming the trophy hasn't popped for anybody, we can now rule out Le Mans class winners (though the #42 BMW McLaren wasn't the actual class winner - the #43 was) and untagged winning liveries (the #21 1952 Mercedes 300 SL did win).
Ok. Now we wait before someone confirm the trophy with specific cars!

Last edited:
There are plenty of people who have bought every car made available so far, yet still only one person has the trophy. It's therefore clear that person didn't obtain it officially.

Quite simply if the three cars were already available hundreds or thousands of people would have the trophy. Not one.

Whatever the three cars are, not all of them have been available yet. And there are only 25 left, so that rather narrows it down:

Alpine​
A220​
1968​
Chevrolet​
Camaro Z28​
1969​
Chevrolet​
Corvette Stingray Concept​
1959​
Dodge​
Challenger R/T​
1970​
Ferrari​
250 GTO CN.3729GT​
1962​
Ferrari​
330 P4​
1967​
Honda​
Beat​
1991​
Jaguar​
D-Type​
1954​
Jaguar​
XJR-9​
1988​
Lamborghini​
Countach LP400​
1974​
Mazda​
787B​
1991​
Mazda​
RX 500​
1970​
McLaren​
F1 GTR Kokusai Kaihatsu​
1995​
Mercedes-Benz​
300 SEL 6.8 AMG​
1971​
Nissan​
180SX Type X​
1996​
Nissan​
R92CP​
1992​
Nissan​
SilEighty​
1998​
Nissan​
Skyline R34 GT-R GT500​
1999​
Plymouth​
Superbird​
1970​
Porsche​
962 C​
1988​
Porsche​
Spyder Type 550/1500 RS​
1955​
Renault​
R8 Gordini​
1966​
Shelby​
Cobra 427​
1966​
Toyota​
2000GT​
1967​
Toyota​
Sprinter Trueno Shuichi Shigeno Edition​
2000​

It's either the 330 P4, the F1 GTR or XJR-9.

I am assuming it's simply buy the legendary cars (from Hagerty's) that have the #LeMans in their description. I just need another 12m credits to buy the McLaren F1 and prove my theory.
I already have the Sauber Mercedes and the Merc CLK LM.
I did try buying the #24hNurb cars from the Brand Centre (BMW and Nissan GTR) but they didn't trigger the trophy.

The wording is suspicious to me 3 cars Born to win a 24 hour race, doesn't mean they won it or even entered it, and it doesn't specifically mean Le Mans. It's intresting to see how this develops and what 3 cars eventually trigger it

I am assuming it's simply buy the legendary cars (from Hagerty's) that have the #LeMans in their description. I just need another 12m credits to buy the McLaren F1 and prove my theory.
I already have the Sauber Mercedes and the Merc CLK LM.
I did try buying the #24hNurb cars from the Brand Centre (BMW and Nissan GTR) but they didn't trigger the trophy.
That's already been tried and disproven, even before the 1997 F1 GTR. With that car, there have been 5 Hagerty's cars with the #Le Mans tag - the Sauber C9, the Ford Mark IV (both of which won the overall race), the 1997 F1 GTR (which won its class and was 3rd overall...but not with the number that's in Hagerty's), the AMG CLK-LM (which didn't finish) and Jaguar XJ13 (which didn't race).

I don't know if the Hagerty's-liveried 1995 F1 GTR has the #Le Mans tag, but given it likely hasn't popped the trophy (I presume somebody has it, the C9 and the Mark IV), and the game almost certainly doesn't treat that livery differently than the Kokusai Kaihatsu version that has yet to appear (just as it doesn't treat the pre-order RX-VISION GT3 Stealth Model differently from the version in Brand Central), I doubt the 1995 F1 GTR will either once it appears in Hagerty's.

It most likely is a virtural repeat of the GT5 trophy (which was to win a race between the Mark IV, XJ13 and the Ferrari 330 P4, which hasn't appeared yet in GT7). The three were supposed to meet at Le Mans in 1967, but Jaguar pulled the plug on the XJ13.

Last edited:
So I have the Sauber C9, Porsche 917K & CLK-LM. Just bought the 300SL (W194) '52 and trophy didn't pop. 😭

Stupid trophy...the Sauber won in 89, 917K in 70 & 71 and the 300SL in 52. God knows what the criteria is for this.

Last edited:
Well, we needed confirmation for the livery of the 300 SL, we knew the year was right though.

So we can still narrow it to the 787B, XJR-9 and F1 GTR Kokusai Kaihatsu. Which we will hopefully see them soon enough.

So I have the Sauber C9, Porsche 917K & CLK-LM. Just bought the 300SL (W194) '52 and trophy didn't pop. 😭

Stupid trophy...the Sauber won in 89, 917K Martini livery in 71 and the 300SL in 52. God knows what the criteria is for this.
The CLK-LM was a winner in the FIA GT Championship, not Le Mans.

Weirdly enough, the Porsche 917K is technically a Le Mans winner (#23, red and white stripes livery), but not quite under the game's conditions, because the 917K we have won the 24 Hours of Daytona.

Assuming nobody has the trophy yet with the Ford Mk. IV, Mercedes Sauber C9 and the 300 SL (W194), there's still the following left:
Jaguar XJR-9 '88
Mazda 787B '91
McLaren F1 GTR - BMW '95

Last edited:
The CLK-LM was a winner in the FIA GT Championship, not Le Mans.

Weirdly enough, the Porsche 917K is technically a Le Mans winner (#23, red and white stripes livery), but not quite under the game's conditions, because the 917K we have won the 24 Hours of Daytona.

Well, there's still other candidates, such as:
Ford Mark IV Race Car '67
Jaguar XJR-9 '88
Mazda 787B '91
McLaren F1 GTR - BMW '95
The trophy doesn't say LM though, it just says "24 Hour races", plural.

I checked the LeMans wiki and the Martini liveried 917K won in 1971 where the car in game is shown as 1970.

The Sauber in game matches the year it won and car number, as does the 300SL. If that's the prerequisite for the trophy then I need one more, but we'll see.

Last edited:

Stupid trophy...the Sauber won in 89, 917K in 70 & 71 and the 300SL in 52. God knows what the criteria is for this.
It’s just a guess but I feel that the cars have to be developed specifically to win a 24 hour race. As the japanese translation highlights they were ”born” to do that. So while there have been many old cars that have won Le Mans some of those have also competed in other race series or even been road cars at one point, so they were destined to do a lot more things.

Last edited:
The 787B HAS to be one of the cars for this surely?! I assume I’m in the majority when I say GT introduced me to this car!

The 300SL in the game, the road car, isn't exactly the same as the 1952 race winner.

Attachments

• 300slretro2012av.jpg
    300slretro2012av.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 12
  • R5192-Le-Mans-1952.jpg
    R5192-Le-Mans-1952.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 13
The 300SL in the game, the road car, isn't exactly the same as the 1952 race winner.
There is also the Mercedes-Benz 300 SL (W194) CN.194 '52 in the game, available now on LCD. It has also the correct number and as the game says in the "Learn More", it is indeed the exact car that won the 52 LeMans.

Hi All. If anybody is doing some sort of a list, I can confirm that owning below cars does NOT pop the trophy:
Mark IV Race Car '67
XJ13 '66
917K '70
R8LMS EVO '19
GTR NISMO GT3-13
CLK-LM '98
F1 GTR RACE CAR '97
C9 '89
919 HYBRID '16
TS050 HYBRID '16
R18 TDI '11
908 HDI FAP '10
R18 '16

I think I will not buy the 300SL, I'll wait for P330 and see what happens.

Regards,
L

I just purchased the 300 sl and no trophy came up! Wish I had seen this thread sooner or I would not have spent my money!

I have the 300 sl, Mark IV and Sauber C9, ALL three 24 Hour race winners purchased from Legend Cars! NO TROPHY! WTF PD???? FIX YOUR BROKEN GAME!
Could you please list other#lemans or #nurb cars that you own? Did you buy XJ13 for example?

Could you please list other#lemans or #nurb cars that you own? Did you buy XJ13 for example?
I have a few others that I purchased at Brand Central dealer that also did not trigger the trophy. I assumed they must be purchased from Legend Cars dealer as the Trophy Tracker states "Three Legendary Cars Acquired three legendary race cars that were once destined to win 24 hour races"! We can read in to the statement in a few ways. All 24 hour race winning cars are legendary but this is not the case. The words "destined to win" would not mean that the car actually won but had the potential to win. The fact is I purchased 3 Le Mans winning cars from the Legend Cars dealer and did not get my trophy! So IDFK what to think anymore!

Back