"Three Legendary Cars" Trophy

• Thread starter Grimm6Jack
  • 528 comments
Hi All. Did anybody buy the 250GTO? I have not - according to the internet ;) body# that is in the dealership right now, did not win overall LeMans race + the car has no #racecar tag (at least in my language version of the game).

Hi All. Did anybody buy the 250GTO? I have not - according to the internet ;) body# that is in the dealership right now, did not win overall LeMans race + the car has no #racecar tag (at least in my language version of the game).
I bought it just because I could 😁

Wise decision, I went bankrupt without the trophy. 🥴

Last edited:
Onother possibility could be cars whose certain number of vehicles had to be built in order to be homologated for racing. So it could be:
GTO;
917K;
Ford MkI;
Porsche 911 GT1.
edit: confirmed, it's not.

Last edited:
Onother possibility could be cars whose certain number of vehicles had to be built in order to be homologated for racing. So it could be:
GTO;
917K;
Ford MkI;
Porsche 911 GT1.
Nope, you can drain this one out too. I have all of those 4 cars, no trophy.

Our last hopes are in the 787B, XJR-9, F1 GTR '95 and the 330 P4. This last one not making any sense... But... whatever.

The look on our faces when we realize the trophy is actually bugged and we should’ve gotten it a couple of weeks ago…
And imagine that that's the case and after the devs debug the trophy, you have to buy at least one of the 3 cars again, and it costs 20 million.

EDIT: Yes I have the CLK-LM.

Last edited:
Meanwhile I have saved a boatload of credits for the 787B. Patiently waiting…
It's unlikely to be too much. Race cars, generally speaking, are rarely worth more than road cars.

I couldn't find any record of a 787B being sold but a 767B sold in 2017 for only $1.75M, despite being very rare (only 3). I'd not expect the 787B to be any more than 3-3.5M Cr.

It's unlikely to be too much. Race cars, generally speaking, are rarely worth more than road cars.

I couldn't find any record of a 787B being sold but a 767B sold in 2017 for only $1.75M, despite being very rare (only 3). I'd not expect the 787B to be any more than 3-3.5M Cr.
That would be amazing. I would probably buy a couple at that price! 😂 The 787B and F1 GTR (‘95) are my favorite race cars of all time.

I think it would be helpful to review what definitely does not pop the trophy:
  • Any combination involving cars from either Brand Central or the UCD
  • Any combination involving cars tagged as #Road Car (there have been 2 in Hagerty's with variants winning Le Mans, though neither in the year modeled in-game, and a 3rd with a variant winning the 24-hour Spa race in the year modeled in-game)
  • Any combination involving winners of 3 different 24-hour races (no 24-hour Nurburgring winners have been or will be in Hagerty's, at least among the 424 cars currently in-game, we have had both Le Mans and Daytona winners in Hagerty's, and the sole 24-hour Spa winner that has been in Hagerty's was deemed a road car)
  • Any combination involving only winners from 2 different 24-hour races (the Porsche 917K didn't pop the trophy even though it won the 1970 24-hour Daytona race; a different variant with a 4.5-liter engine, versus the 4.9-liter in-game, won the 1970 Le Mans race, and it is not tagged with #Le Mans)
  • Any combination involving only winners and/or class winners of Le Mans that include both cars that are tagged as #Le Mans and cars that are not tagged as #Le Mans (we've had two tagged winners, one untagged winner - the 1952 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL, one untagged variant of a winner, and one untagged variant of a class winner - the 1962 Ferraro 250 GTO)
  • Just any old combination of #Le Mans tagged cars (we're up to, I believe, 6, including the "gifted" Hagerty's version of the 1995 F1 GTR - and a F1 GTR did win in 1995)
  • Any combination of #Le Mans tagged cars that includes a mere class winner of Le Mans (the 1997 F1 GTR won its class that year, though not with the number in the game, and was tagged as #Le Mans)
That would seem to leave two possibilities:
  • A combination of three #Le Mans tagged overall winners bought from the Hagerty's dealership (either a specific 3 or a multiple number of combinations), of which we've had 2 (the Sauber C9 and Ford Mark IV), will have 1 guaranteed to show up eventually (the 1995 F1 GTR, though its gifted counterpart doesn't appear to have popped the trophy), will have another 2 that won in the year modeled in-game (Jaguar XJR-9 and Mazda 787B, and will have 1 that won in years other than the one modeled in-game (Porsche 962C)
  • The combination that was the related GT5 trophy (the Mark IV, the Jaguar XJ13 and the yet-to-appear Ferrari 330 P4)
The good news - if the 787B is part of this, it should come cheap. Somebody posted the suggested retail price of its engine in the Engine Swap thread, and it was only 937,500 Cr. Assuming that the example of the engine being half the cost of a car continues to hold true, that would make the 787B a steal at under 2,000,000 Cr.

@BossBattle, could you check to see if the Hagerty's F1 GTR engine or body can be replaced (it would be in the "extreme" section of the Tuning Shop), and if so, let us know how much that would cost? That would give us an idea of how much the Kokusai Kaihatsu version will cost once it hits Hagerty's (engines have been 50% of the cost of a new/Hagerty's car, and bodies 120% of the cost of a new/Hagerty's car).

Last edited:
The good news - if the 787B is part of this, it should come cheap. Somebody posted the suggested retail price of its engine in the Engine Swap thread, and it was only 937,500 Cr. Assuming that the example of the engine being half the cost of a car continues to hold true, that would make the 787B a steal at under 2,000,000 Cr.

@BossBattle, could you check to see if the Hagerty's F1 GTR engine or body can be replaced (it would be in the "extreme" section of the Tuning Shop), and if so, let us know how much that would cost? That would give us an idea of how much the Kokusai Kaihatsu version will cost once it hits Hagerty's (engines have been 50% of the cost of a new/Hagerty's car, and bodies 120% of the cost of a new/Hagerty's car).
Great news on the 787B! I hope it is that cheap.

As for the McLaren. Hmm..this is interesting 😳:

FC66FA4D-9C4C-4B34-AA85-03494EEB4287.jpeg

Oh, and it’s at 598 hp because I need to change my oil. Haven’t driven it for a bit. I changed it and it went back up to 600 horsepower.

Last edited:
Not having an engine or body available to purchase is typical of race cars. It was worth a shot.

I think it would be helpful to review what definitely does not pop the trophy:
  • Any combination involving cars from either Brand Central or the UCD
  • Any combination involving cars tagged as #Road Car (there have been 2 in Hagerty's with variants winning Le Mans, though neither in the year modeled in-game, and a 3rd with a variant winning the 24-hour Spa race in the year modeled in-game)
  • Any combination involving winners of 3 different 24-hour races (no 24-hour Nurburgring winners have been or will be in Hagerty's, at least among the 424 cars currently in-game, we have had both Le Mans and Daytona winners in Hagerty's, and the sole 24-hour Spa winner that has been in Hagerty's was deemed a road car)
  • Any combination involving only winners from 2 different 24-hour races (the Porsche 917K didn't pop the trophy even though it won the 1970 24-hour Daytona race; a different variant with a 4.5-liter engine, versus the 4.9-liter in-game, won the 1970 Le Mans race, and it is not tagged with #Le Mans)
  • Any combination involving only winners and/or class winners of Le Mans that include both cars that are tagged as #Le Mans and cars that are not tagged as #Le Mans (we've had two tagged winners, one untagged winner - the 1952 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL, one untagged variant of a winner, and one untagged variant of a class winner - the 1962 Ferraro 250 GTO)
  • Just any old combination of #Le Mans tagged cars (we're up to, I believe, 6, including the "gifted" Hagerty's version of the 1995 F1 GTR - and a F1 GTR did win in 1995)
  • Any combination of #Le Mans tagged cars that includes a mere class winner of Le Mans (the 1997 F1 GTR won its class that year, though not with the number in the game, and was tagged as #Le Mans)
I assume 787B will be 18M, just as 917k was. ( and as it should be for the sound of its engine alone :) )

I'm curious if PD will make only 3 cars in the game that trigger the trophy priced at around 18-20M and available on the same day?:)

We'll have 3 shots at getting something that will pop the trophy tomorrow as 3 cars have now sold out of Hagerty's.

Group C are not that "desirable" for some reason... They are all between 1 to 3 million. Maybe the Jaguar ends up more expensive, but not by much.

3 cars in the LCD out of stock so tomorrow we will have 3 new LCD cars.

The remaining cars to appear (or at least, to price) are:

A220
Corvette Stingray Concept
330 P4
D-Type
XJR-9
787B
RX500
F1 GTR
300 SEL 6.8 AMG
R92CP
Skyline R34 GT-R GT500 (Penzoil)
962C
Spyder Type 550/1500 RS
2000 GT

Lets just pray it's the 787B, XJR-9 and the F1 GTR. I want to get this trophy done and dusted.

But with my luck, it's probably going to be the ones I want the least (Corvette Stingray Concept, 300 SEL and the RX500)

PS: I'm assuming the Countach LP400 won't be in the LCD since the 25th Anniversary version was in the LCD, but who knows... Same applies to Camaro Z28, Challenger R/T and the Superbird.
I also assume the R8 Gordini is not "worthy" of the LCD, but again, I can be wrong.

Group C are not that "desirable" for some reason... They are all between 1 to 3 million. Maybe the Jaguar ends up more expensive, but not by much.

3 cars in the LCD out of stock so tomorrow we will have 3 new LCD cars.

The remaining cars to appear (or at least, to price) are:

A220
Corvette Stingray Concept
330 P4
D-Type
XJR-9
787B
RX500
F1 GTR
300 SEL 6.8 AMG
R92CP
Skyline R34 GT-R GT500 (Penzoil)
962C
Spyder Type 550/1500 RS
2000 GT

Lets just pray it's the 787B, XJR-9 and the F1 GTR. I want to get this trophy done and dusted.

But with my luck, it's probably going to be the ones I want the least (Corvette Stingray Concept, 300 SEL and the RX500)

PS: I'm assuming the Countach LP400 won't be in the LCD since the 25th Anniversary version was in the LCD, but who knows... Same applies to Camaro Z28, Challenger R/T and the Superbird.
I also assume the R8 Gordini is not "worthy" of the LCD, but again, I can be wrong.

The F1 GTR has already shown up ;) I think the last car to get the platinum trophy will be the 787B AND...it will be the last car in the LD rotation. Yep, thats my (likely wrong) prediction. :lol:

Jerome

The F1 GTR has already shown up ;) I think the last car to get the platinum trophy will be the 787B AND...it will be the last car in the LD rotation. Yep, thats my (likely wrong) prediction. :lol:

Jerome
The F1 GTR we are referring to is the 1995 model that won Le Mans. Currently only Hagerty members have it, but I assume it will be in the LCD sooner rather than later.

The F1 GTR we are referring to is the 1995 model that won Le Mans. Currently only Hagerty members have it, but I assume it will be in the LCD sooner rather than later
Isn't it the one that is in the LCD right now (might be marked as sold out currently?)? Unless there's another F1 GTR '95 that I don't know about.

Jerome

Isn't it the one that is in the LCD right now (might be marked as sold out currently?)? Unless there's another F1 GTR '95 that I don't know about.

Jerome
The current car in Hagerty is the '97 long tail

Last edited:
I'm going to say it's these following cars:

1 - Mazda 787B
2 - Mercedes Sauber C9
3 - Jaguar XJR-9

All three cars have won 24hr Le Mans races:

1 - Mazda 787B - '91 Le Mans
2 - Mercedes Sauber C9 - '89 Le Mans
3 - Jaguar XJR-9 - '88 Le Mans

The Rothmans 962C did not actually win any 24hr races from what I can gather online.

All three cars were the evolution of previous race cars, meaning the manufacturers developed these models over multiple iterations with a strong desire for them to be successful one day - IMO this coincides with the description of the cars being 'destined' to win 24hr races.

1 - Mazda 787B - Evolution of the 767/767B
2 - Mercedes Sauber C9 - Evolution of the C8
3 - Jaguar XJR-9 - Evolution of the XJR-8

Now I could just have my tinfoil hat on too tight, but I hope I'm onto something.

I'm going to say it's these following cars:

1 - Mazda 787B
2 - Mercedes Sauber C9
3 - Jaguar XJR-9

All three cars have won 24hr Le Mans races:

1 - Mazda 787B - '91 Le Mans
2 - Mercedes Sauber C9 - '89 Le Mans
3 - Jaguar XJR-9 - '88 Le Mans

The Rothmans 962C did not actually win any 24hr races from what I can gather online.

All three cars were the evolution of previous race cars, meaning the manufacturers developed these models over multiple iterations with a strong desire for them to be successful one day - IMO this coincides with the description of the cars being 'destined' to win 24hr races.

1 - Mazda 787B - Evolution of the 767/767B
2 - Mercedes Sauber C9 - Evolution of the C8
3 - Jaguar XJR-9 - Evolution of the XJR-8

Now I could just have my tinfoil hat on too tight, but I hope I'm onto something.
A rather interesting hypothesis. The same evolution also applies to the Ford Mark IV, though one of its predecessors, the Mark II, won the year before the Mark IV did (and a modified version of the Mark I won afterward in 1968 and 1969).

I didn't know the 962C in the game was Rothmans as I don't remember encountering it. I do know that, based on the silhouettes in the Car Collection, it will be a 1988, a year in which it didn't win either Le Mans or Daytona.

vcx
Porsche 962C won Le Mans

Well there you go, you're correct. The historic Porsche website I was looking at didn't mention this.
I will say though, that the '88 962C is in the game, and that car did not win Le Mans that year.

I know it's fun to speculate, but do you honestly believe it's any other than the Ferrari 330/XJ-13/Ford GT MkIV ...?

The language in the description is vague on purpose "three legendary race cars that were once destined to win 24 hour races". "Destined" does not mean they actually won any, they were just designed to. And bearing in mind that since GT5 these three cars have been always mentioned together, there's about a 99.9% chance that's the cars you need.

Edit: Actually it also doesn't specifically mention Le Mans. The 330 actually won the Daytona 24h, so even that would qualify for the description. The XJ-13 was designed to compete at Le Mans, but was never entered.

Last edited:
Back