Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looks good to me mate thanks:tup: I spoke with WPro yesterday who said the V1 wasn't really adequate for our wheel (sales pitch I know:rolleyes:). How are you finding the wheel when it's sat on the V1 mounting plate? Fella at WPro said it is far to small and will not cope with the FFB.:mischievous:

Oh and I'm all for hard mounting but was the clamp kit for the V1 (silver and red bar's) not up to the job?:)

Looks good to me mate thanks:tup: I spoke with WPro yesterday who said the V1 wasn't really adequate for our wheel (sales pitch I know:rolleyes:). How are you finding the wheel when it's sat on the V1 mounting plate? Fella at WPro said it is far to small and will not cope with the FFB.:mischievous:

Oh and I'm all for hard mounting but was the clamp kit for the V1 (silver and red bar's) not up to the job?:)

You can use the additional wheel clamp if you think the plate isn't up to the job but it works perfectly for me without. I do have the G27 version though; I think this is slightly beefed up over the Driving Force Pro version?

Had to resort to hard mounting as I a) don't think I had the red bar came with my early V1 WSP and (most importantly) b) can't find the box :banghead:

You can use the additional wheel clamp if you think the plate isn't up to the job but it works perfectly for me without. I do have the G27 version though; I think this is slightly beefed up over the Driving Force Pro version?

Had to resort to hard mounting as I a) don't think I had the red bar came with my early V1 WSP and (most importantly) b) can't find the box :banghead:
Ha it's in the loft! lol:lol: Ok mate thanks for your time I was fairly sure the WPro guy was pitching for another £99 from the start tbh.:sly:

What you mean mate?

I'm sorry to advise that we are unable to send you the Thrustmaster T300 RS Racing Wheel For PS4 & PS3 you have order as our supplier is not able to provide it. As an alternative we can send Thrustmaster T300 Force Feedback wheel.

The difference between the two products is that the Thrustmaster T300 Force Feedback wheel is licenced by Ferrari and features a Detachable, 7:10 scale replica of the FERRARI 458 CHALLENGE wheel”.

If you do not wish to receive the alternative please cancel your order by 12pm 06/03/2015. After this the order will start processing and the Thrustmaster T300 Force Feedback wheel will be sent.

Nuts and bolts from the email I received today not the end of the world getting the GTE by the looks of it instead.:boggled:

That's all I'm picking up from reviews, is that the wheel rim doesn't feel that nice. Even if you can't find a replacement rim, an actual wheel cover would do the job. But then, that probably won't feel much different from your DFGT if they are describing it as rubbery.

£230 on Amazon for the GTE, the adapter for my G27 pedals make this tickle my fancy!

That's all I'm picking up from reviews, is that the wheel rim doesn't feel that nice. Even if you can't find a replacement rim, an actual wheel cover would do the job. But then, that probably won't feel much different from your DFGT if they are describing it as rubbery.

£230 on Amazon for the GTE, the adapter for my G27 pedals make this tickle my fancy!
Bang!:D Found the adapter did you dear? I noticed Amazon was £232 today for the GTE and £272 for the RS:crazy: temptation to cancel passed rather quickly.:irked:

@Gunstar That's a thought but things become a bit tricky if the unit needs to go back for any reason.:confused:

Hi guys I'm too rush to have a complete study in this thread to make my final decision, my T300RS is on the way delivering to me tomorrow but I can still decide which one I should be buying, the PS4 original rim or the GTE rim??? What's the pros and cons? What do u guys think?? Thanks in advance to give me some insight....urgent!

Hi guys I'm too rush to have a complete study in this thread to make my final decision, my T300RS is on the way delivering to me tomorrow but I can still decide which one I should be buying, the PS4 original rim or the GTE rim??? What's the pros and cons? What do u guys think?? Thanks in advance to give me some insight....urgent!
Comes down to personal taste at the end of the day I would say. Only slight snag with the GTE is the buttons are not quite so PS4 friendly as the RS rim it seems, not a big deal to some. GTE is a better looking rim I would say but that is purely a personal thing tbh.

Comes down to personal taste at the end of the day I would say. Only slight snag with the GTE is the buttons are not quite so PS4 friendly as the RS rim it seems, not a big deal to some. GTE is a better looking rim I would say but that is purely a personal thing tbh.
Size and touching is the same right?

The rims have exactly the same amount of buttons, the only differences being the the labeling (RS=PS3/4 labeling square, triangle etc... GTE = race labeling, pit, wipers etc...) and the three way switch on the bottom right of the wheel plate (this does Start, select/share, and PS) oh and the Ferrari emblem in the middle.

Your call mate, I went with the GTE, just takes a little remembering, but once you have it sorted it is all good. Here is a button map I had laminated and kept next to my wheel for the first week or so.

T300_GTE_PS3-PS4.jpg

I'm sorry to advise that we are unable to send you the Thrustmaster T300 RS Racing Wheel For PS4 & PS3 you have order as our supplier is not able to provide it. As an alternative we can send Thrustmaster T300 Force Feedback wheel.

The difference between the two products is that the Thrustmaster T300 Force Feedback wheel is licenced by Ferrari and features a Detachable, 7:10 scale replica of the FERRARI 458 CHALLENGE wheel”.

If you do not wish to receive the alternative please cancel your order by 12pm 06/03/2015. After this the order will start processing and the Thrustmaster T300 Force Feedback wheel will be sent.

Nuts and bolts from the email I received today not the end of the world getting the GTE by the looks of it instead.:boggled:
I ordered fairly early on and got it next day, Still the GTE is everybit as good 👍 Just need to get used to the button layout.

The time is coming soon to order my T300.. seems best price in the USA right now is $399.00 I will be watching over the next 3-4 weeks as I don't need it yet...

If anyone knows of any USA deals please post here and I will do the same if I find any.. likely won't any time soon as PCars is one of the current sales boosts for the T300

Ok guys thanks for the inputs, very much appreciated! The appearance the GTE rim is tempting but I think I will just stick with the PS4 rim.....

And by the way, since I'm in Hong Kong, the dealer told me there is a product called T3PA-pro, and that's exactly the same as T500 pedal, so I immedaitely placed the order since I wish for this for long long long time! The t300 pedal is just like a toy anyway, but when I search for the info about this "T3PA-Pro" product, I can't find anything relevant and seems nobody talks about before, so is it a super new release from Thurstmaster?? Very very recently???

Hey my fellow gtp members.. those who are having issues with wheel, quick question..

Are you fellas from US or EU? Etc etc. Please reply this is a huge deal for me, an maybe so others..

US
Now I can't get the wheel to work for god's sake...Thrustmaster won't even pickup the phone.

Ok guys thanks for the inputs, very much appreciated! The appearance the GTE rim is tempting but I think I will just stick with the PS4 rim.....

And by the way, since I'm in Hong Kong, the dealer told me there is a product called T3PA-pro, and that's exactly the same as T500 pedal, so I immedaitely placed the order since I wish for this for long long long time! The t300 pedal is just like a toy anyway, but when I search for the info about this "T3PA-Pro" product, I can't find anything relevant and seems nobody talks about before, so is it a super new release from Thurstmaster?? Very very recently???

Never heard of these pedals. Don't seems to be a Thrustmaster licensed product... but if i were you, i would definitly take a look at the pedals. And if they work with the PS4(make sure they do) and they look good enough... take it!

Looks as though they're maybe the pedals that come with the T500RS which are the best thrustmaster do. Certainly based on this link and picture. If so you've won a watch mate!

http://m.price.com.hk/product.php?p=187456

Never heard of these pedals. Don't seems to be a Thrustmaster licensed product... but if i were you, i would definitly take a look at the pedals. And if they work with the PS4(make sure they do) and they look good enough... take it!
I call the dealer this morning again and ask about the T3PA-pro, they said it is an official product from Thrustmaster but it isn't released yet on their web site for pre-order, isn't it exciting? we finally can choose a T500 pedal with T300 !!!!!! Splendid!!!!!

Oh wow, how interesting is that! So the T500RS pedals will be made available standalone! Wonder what kind of upgrades they'll have?

Oh wow, how interesting is that! So the T500RS pedals will be made available standalone! Wonder what kind of upgrades they'll have?
Exactly the standalone pedal from t500! I will upload a photo of the packing after I recieve it!

Now I understand why the T3PA set appears to have never been launched in my country....

I already own a pair of T500 pedals with my T500, and they are my favourite pedals (over the Fanatec clubsports). I know Thrustmaster will probably take 3-6 months to launch these worldwide, but I will almost certainly wait for them to use with my T300 and TH8A. Awesome news.

Guys! Here it is!
If you see bottom of pedals set once opened, does it say on label the model of it and what version it is?

I think I have the latest revision of the T500RS pedals but they have an annoying little deadzone compared to the G27, I wonder if they fixed it with this new name. Is it possible to make T500RS pedals more responsive like people have managed with the T300 pedals?

If you see bottom of pedals set once opened, does it say on label the model of it and what version it is?

I think I have the latest revision of the T500RS pedals but they have an annoying little deadzone compared to the G27, I wonder if they fixed it with this new name. Is it possible to make T500RS pedals more responsive like people have managed with the T300 pedals?
Oh I didn't notice there was a model#....

Latest Posts

Back