Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
From the pix I saw they're... T500 Pedals! But maybe with the conical brake mod added on.

Oh yeah, that was earlier on in this thread, lol.
Gunstar is that the thing you are referring to (the conical rubber thing)? I'm still wondering how to use it...can u explain? Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 37
That looks like the normal T500 pedal "stiffer brake" attachment on the left, plus the T3PA conical rubber on the right.

Also your T3PA-Pro pictures show black Thrustmaster logos on the pedal faces, compared with red on the T500 pedals. Otherwise they look identical however I don't see the big black top bar shown in your pictures (except on the diagram on the manual). Did you get the top bar?

(Edit, downloaded the new manual, it mentions fitting the side supports yourself which wasn't needed on the T500 pedals, but implies that the top black bar comes fitted by default. Did yours?)

Last edited:
That looks like the normal T500 pedal "stiffer brake" attachment on the left, plus the T3PA conical rubber on the right.

Also your T3PA-Pro pictures show black Thrustmaster logos on the pedal faces, compared with red on the T500 pedals. Otherwise they look identical however I don't see the big black top bar shown in your pictures (except on the diagram on the manual). Did you get the top bar?
Yes it does come with the top bar which can be rotated to the base not shown in the photo... For the conical rubber I already installed it....see my photo in the pedals thread...

Yes it does come with the top bar which can be rotated to the base not shown in the photo... For the conical rubber I already installed it....see my photo in the pedals thread...
Ah ok, that's why it wasn't visible in your photo. Clear.

Looking forward to hearing from you about the brake feel with the conical mod. :cheers:

The standard T500RS brake mod with the foaming bit and the spring just don't cut it and that's why @mrbasher brake mod was so sought after.

Looking forward to hearing from you about the brake feel with the conical mod. :cheers:

The standard T500RS brake mod with the foaming bit and the spring just don't cut it and that's why @mrbasher brake mod was so sought after.
Yeah I tried the original brake mod with that foam and spring thing and feel weird, it's actually a metal (spring) to metal (brake pedal) contact and I don't like it very much....

Hi guys. I'm new here.

In november I bought a T300 GTE with a TH8A. Lately I purchase another TH8A, one for sequential and the other for the H mode. And then in february, a T3PA pedal set. My first T300 haved the problem of the sound when turning it, even when not plugged to the PS4. I send it to the shop where I bought it, and they send me a brand new one. Actually works perfect on PS4 (Driveclub), and PS3 (Gran Turismo 5). Waiting for Project Cars.

I understand the early model can have some problems, if they responds well changing it for a new one. I am very happy with the wheel now. One of the most important things for me is the option to have two shifters working at the same time. One on the wheel, and the other to the PS4 by USB. I saw Thrustmaster will release T3PA PRO, and this pissed me off. I'd bought the PRO version if I knowed about it. I fear the release of Project Cars and I without clutch, and purchased T3PA seeing what difficult was to found it available.

You can see how it sees my T300 GTE on my homemade cockpit, at my YouTube cannel. And other videos I'd make recently.

Sorry for my english. Hope it's understandable. Regards.

Last edited:
Gunstar is that the thing you are referring to (the conical rubber thing)? I'm still wondering how to use it...can u explain? Thanks!

Yes, that's the CONE part of it anyways!

Look how it installs on the T3PA... https://www.gtplanet.net/thrustmaster-t3pa-pedals-review/

So looks like they're bascially T500 Pedals, disassembled (nice if you never plan to run them upright) with black logos on the pedal faces, no pinch guard on the brake, and cone mod included. Cool dude!! :D

Hi guys. I'm new here.

In november I bought a T300 GTE with a TH8A. Lately I purchase another TH8A, one for sequential and the other for the H mode. And then in february, a T3PA pedal set. My first T300 haved the problem of the sound when turning it, even when not plugged to the PS4.

Was it that whole loud POP thing? I saw a video that shows that is simply a slipped belt, crazy!

Yes. I think I saw the same video too. By an italian guy, if I remember well. The "teeth" of the belt pops out of the "teeth" in the motor gear.

Was it that whole loud POP thing? I saw a video that shows that is simply a slipped belt, crazy!

Yes. I think I saw the same video too. By an italian guy, if I remember well. The "teeth" of the belt pops out of the "teeth" in the motor gear.

Sorry. Forgot to quote.

There are two different versions of the T300RS PS Wheel.
One with a high gloss clear varnish on the coated metal and one without.
I know this because i got a new one today. The old one had problems with the d-pad.

The wheels have completely different finishes.

Which wheel do you've got? The glossy one are the matte one?

I can barely see a difference

The difference is much bigger than you can see in this picture.
You can also feel the difference.

I think the glossy wheel is older. In the early reviews the glossy ones were often used.
Maybe Thrustmaster wanted to save some money.

There are two different versions of the T300RS PS Wheel.
One with a high gloss clear varnish on the coated metal and one without.
I know this because i got a new one today. The old one had problems with the d-pad.

The wheels have completely different finishes.

Which wheel do you've got? The glossy one are the matte one?
Oh I didn't notice that but I think I got the matte one in the recent purchase...and I like it

Hmmmmmm... New rim by the looks!

I don't imagine it's a new base whith the TX and the T300 both still "relevant" and it seems like they're going away from the "high end all at once" concept thanks to the add ons through the ecosystem... BUT what if they have a Direct Drive wheel ready to go!! :lol:

I guess an option is that modular wheelbase+rim without pedals many have been hoping for, but TM would first have to figure out how to ensure console compatibility: their market for a PC only wheel just wouldn't be large enough.

Back