Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And isn't it annoying? I have been told T500RS is slightly shifted to left from center say 5 degrees, and now T300RS is the same....at least on PS3 I am testing it now....any solution about that?

I will test on PS4 later....

And isn't it annoying? I have been told T500RS is slightly shifted to left from center say 5 degrees, and now T300RS is the same....at least on PS3 I am testing it now....any solution about that?

I will test on PS4 later....
Someone posted a step by step guide on here somewhere does involve opening thing's up and having a fiddle. Maybe some kind person will bump it for you but it's here somewhere.:boggled:

and I already found out the shifts is on GT6 only, suspect GT5 is the same previously, but when I try T300RS on PS4 driverclub, it appears to be problem-free.....then it must just be something do with the GT6 Driver on PS3, another GOOD work from PD.........

Problem solved! In case somebody same as me is looking for solution, see below quotes...and thanks for the heads up V8Johnboy
I just concluded that my T300RS was centering at 49.8% instead of 50% so I followed this procedure on mine too. MODE + SHARE + OPTION, hold briefly, once you let go the MODE light flashes briefly the other colour (so if you've got it on red it'll flash green briefly).

EDIT: I switched the wheel to 1080p mode in the PC drivers and then closed the drive app to do this, as stated in the manual Wildrun linked. If you are using the PS4 follow the instructions in the manual about how to do the update.

Like yours, my quick release screw isn't quite centered. Makes zero difference.

So the T3PA-Pro doesn't get the conical brake resistance thing like the T3PA does?? That's a shame. welp, there's always the Basher Mod.

So the T3PA-Pro doesn't get the conical brake resistance thing like the T3PA does?? That's a shame. welp, there's always the Basher Mod.
Do u mean the spring of the separated brake modules? Yes, the package does include like T500, or did I misunderstood your meaning?

The T3PA has a different version of that, instead of the little bracket and the spring and foam bit it kinda sticks up and has a cone shaped bumper you can adjust. MUCH better design IMO. I used the basher mod, which is just skate bushings and a small metal plate, on my T500RS pedals and it works very well. so I'm satisfied. But I think working the Conical Brake Mod (?) into the T3PA-Pro would have been the best of both worlds.

Hi all,

I'm new to the sim racing world and I've always wanted to get involved, so when I saw the deal at the Hut for the T300rs I had to buy it. I have since received an e-mail stating that they are out of stock and will send the GTE model as a replacement. I take it this is the same unit just with a different wheel?

The plan is to buy a set of T3pA pedals and potentially a GT Omega racing rig.

Thanks.

The T3PA has a different version of that, instead of the little bracket and the spring and foam bit it kinda sticks up and has a cone shaped bumper you can adjust. MUCH better design IMO. I used the basher mod, which is just skate bushings and a small metal plate, on my T500RS pedals and it works very well. so I'm satisfied. But I think working the Conical Brake Mod (?) into the T3PA-Pro would have been the best of both worlds.
Ok I get it...it does come with a cone shape bumper which Im still thinking what is the function of that thing....

Hi all,

I'm new to the sim racing world and I've always wanted to get involved, so when I saw the deal at the Hut for the T300rs I had to buy it. I have since received an e-mail stating that they are out of stock and will send the GTE model as a replacement. I take it this is the same unit just with a different wheel?

The plan is to buy a set of T3pA pedals and potentially a GT Omega racing rig.

Thanks.

There's a post above asking the same thing with an explanation. Doesn't really matter too much

Last edited:
I was just commenting on the "Location" printed on the box. I found it strange was all.
Yup I know u are talking about the destination on the box, what so strange? China manufactures tons of things and export to hundred countries, I mean HKSAR near China so my dealer can get me one from the France shipment first....

Seriously hoping for the handbrake

I love playing rally games.. and the system I ended up with on my DFGT was using the seq stick as the hand brake with added granturgismo extension shifter paddles so I would not miss shifts. I was going to make a hand brake mod but the add-on paddles worked so well I decided against modding the wheel.

With the Seq ability of the TH8A having a handbrake with it would be sweet!

Seriously hoping for the handbrake

I love playing rally games.. and the system I ended up with on my DFGT was using the seq stick as the hand brake with added granturgismo extension shifter paddles so I would not miss shifts. I was going to make a hand brake mod but the add-on paddles worked so well I decided against modding the wheel.

With the Seq ability of the TH8A having a handbrake with it would be sweet!
Could be anything. Maybe wheel base sold separately? :lol:

Could be anything. Maybe wheel base sold separately? :lol:

I emailed Thrustmaster awhile back and asked if they would sell the T300 base stand alone for a lower price as some people don't want the basic pedals... Sadly, I was told there is no intention of doing so.

Edit - yeah realized it is likely the T3PA-Pro pedals next..

Last edited:
I did not know that, pretty cool but I would be using it as a shifter and wanted a lower cost official hand brake add on. Kinda like Fanatec's clubsport handbrake.

That will be way down the road anyways.. have not even bought the T300 yet.

I emailed Thrustmaster awhile back and asked if they would sell the T300 base stand alone for a lower price as some people don't want the basic pedals... Sadly, I was told there is no intention of doing so.

Edit - yeah realized it is likely the T3PA-Pro pedals next..

You guys realize that the TH8A has an analogue handbrake function already built in?
See here for details: http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=2&pid=319&cid=15

My vote is on the T3PA-Pro pedals being formally announced....

T3PA-Pro pedals? They can't even manufacture TP3A quick enough :lol:.

What could the PRO pedals be? If it's got a better clutch and brake I might even consider to upgrade my T500RS pedals

Last edited:
From the pix I saw they're... T500 Pedals! But maybe with the conical brake mod added on.

Oh yeah, that was earlier on in this thread, lol.

Last edited:
T3PA-Pro pedals? They can't even manufacture TP3A quick enough :lol:.

What could the PRO pedals be? If it's got a better clutch and brake I might even consider to upgrade my T500RS pedals
T3PA pro is available in Hong Kong now, I'm the first one to get the pedal, see photos, cheers!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 59
From the pix I saw they're... T500 Pedals! But maybe with the conical brake mod added on.

Oh yeah, that was earlier on in this thread, lol.
I will take a photo of that thing, I'm still not sure about that but you can see for yourself.

Thanks for the pics, Team Lotus -- looks like TM will be selling the T500 pedals separately as "T3PA Pro" pedals. Good move on Thrustmaster's part, the T500 pedals are very solid, IMO -- just add a load cell and you've got a nice set of fairly high-end pedals.

Looks like I need to get my basement finished quickly so I can start focusing on more load cells!

:cool:

Latest Posts

Back