Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok everything is great and gorgeous until I found out my new T300RS has some abnormal click sound when rotating, so inevitably, I'm returning to my dealer for checking and probably a replacement eventually.....oh man......

O
Ok everything is great and gorgeous until I found out my new T300RS has some abnormal click sound when rotating, so inevitably, I'm returning to my dealer for checking and probably a replacement eventually.....oh man......
Oh hell:rolleyes: My GTE's due tomorrow and I'm already nervous.:nervous:

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/press/new-leather-wrapped-add-thrustmaster-racing-wheels

Leather28GTw_face_small.jpg

Still waiting for a replacement after first email was sent a month ago. I sent the wheel to their base in France 10 days ago, still no reply to confirm they've received it.
It's such a shame, the wheel itself is amazing!
:grumpy:

As someone who has no issues with the rubber rims, I'm glad they are giving people choice, but it seems to me that a 32cm diameter rim would have been an awful lot more interesting in addition to the 28cm one.

As someone who has no issues with the rubber rims, I'm glad they are giving people choice, but it seems to me that a 32cm diameter rim would have been an awful lot more interesting in addition to the 28cm one.

Agreed, not quite enough reason to upgrade. I also feel given the price point of the T300RS that we should be seeing at least a leather finish on the wheel if they're going to skimp on the pedals.

Having to upgrade to better pedals & wheel as well is getting a bit ridiculous. Reminds me of games these days that turn out to be heavy on dlc before you get the 'full experience'.

And it wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't so many reliability issues going around which only compounds the being fleeced/milked sensation

Good to see it is lighter but if it is anything like the G27, then I much prefer the rubber finish as it is much easier on the hands for me so will stick with stock one.

913055TMLeather28GTWheelAddOnzoom1.jpg

ISR Mini Review:

Pretty disappointed to be honest. Barely any difference to the GTE Add-on apart from leather and the 3 position rotary switch. Was hoping something different like a D-Shape. Only thing good is the price.

Last edited:
Do Thrustmaster think us ordinary folk are made of money.:crazy::lol:

I know man! It must be great being sent all their new upgrade products for free to review though eh? I'm sure we'd be a lot more understanding if that were the case!

As it stands the cost is way too much to be even a consideration. Completely unjustifiable & only serves to make some wish they had a leather version of the wheel they already have & were otherwise quite happy with!

It would be better if they let you configure the exact setup you want from their website imho. Rather than forcing you to buy sub standard stuff that they then proceed to make you further unhappy with by shoving superior options in your now skint face!

Havent TM made all of their add on wheels available with a base so far? I would think at some point you will also see this combined with a base. Maybe the T328 edition or something similar.

Havent TM made all of their add on wheels available with a base so far? I would think at some point you will also see this combined with a base. Maybe the T328 edition or something similar.
If they can put together the T300 base with this rim and the T3PA-Pro pedals for €500-550 with PC and PS4 support, that would be a great combo. Expensive but worth the money in terms of quality.

Called it! :lol:

Same size, same shape, same button layout? C'mon TM, try a little harder.

Couldn't agree more. They either did the research and this is what majority of owners want or they seriously cannot be stuffed simply find the quickest way to generate extra revenue for the balance sheet.

Me, I'm happy to give it a miss and save the USD$150 and use my standard T500RS wheel. Besides my T500RS wheel is slightly bigger. And how the announcement said it's 149.99 in all currencies made me think it was 1 April :lol:

Last edited:
Hi guys im asking 1 question on behalf of my friend, he recently purchased a T300 GTE, now he wants to perform a self calibration by pressing mode+start+select, however as u all already know GTE rim does not have a separated select and start button and GT6 key assignment won't let you assign for those keys....so is there any work around here?

Last edited:
💡 Do you think the "28" allocation may be an under handed dig at Logitech? Especially with a leather stitched rim? G27-28GT... or Just a conspiracy theory? :crazy:

Still waiting for a replacement after first email was sent a month ago. I sent the wheel to their base in France 10 days ago, still no reply to confirm they've received it.
It's such a shame, the wheel itself is amazing!
:grumpy:

How long did it take to them respond your contact through support? I'm still waiting for an answer and probably be on the same boat as you.

Is this the right thread to ask this??

I'm thinking right now about buying a new wheel and i thought this would be good as it's works on the ps3, ps4 and pc which basically what i need. The things is should i buy T300RS or T300 GTE or T500RS or else? is it worth it? how much money did you spend on buying this wheel? should i also buy the T3PA and TH8A too?

Thanks.

I'm thinking right now about buying a new wheel and i thought this would be good as it's works on the ps3, ps4 and pc which basically what i need. The things is should i buy T300RS or T300 GTE or T500RS or else? is it worth it? how much money did you spend on buying this wheel? should i also buy the T3PA and TH8A too?

As a T500RS owner, I'd get the T300RS myself. The stock rim is pretty awesome, and it is pretty much the only show in town for PS3, PS4 and PC.

As for T3PA and TH8A that's up to you. The pedals are probably the best upgrade you can do, specifically in the brake department, although there is a low dollar mod for the standard TM pedals these days that is said to work well.

The shifter is a fun add on, but a less necessary one. I like the sequential shift and generally found H pattern shifting in game to be a little annoying, but your mileage may vary.

Latest Posts

Back