Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That the pedals are shipped with them not correctly configured?

Yes, seems a bit weird, might be some reason for that though, stress on the potentiometers?

How long did it take to them respond your contact through support? I'm still waiting for an answer and probably be on the same boat as you.
Well I got a reply almost straightaway, saying that it would be put though to their team. However, it took about two weeks for them to say that they would start the replacement procedure, even after I sent a few emails asking if they'd received my broken wheel.
Good luck to you! :lol:

I got my new T300RS few days ago and found some clicking sound problem and sent back to my dealer like 2 days ago, fortunately after they checked it I recieve a call today they have a new one for replacement ready for me tomorrow

I got my new T300RS few days ago and found some clicking sound problem and sent back to my dealer like 2 days ago, fortunately after they checked it I recieve a call today they have a new one for replacement ready for me tomorrow
You're so lucky that they replaced it so quickly!:lol:

Hey Kev, good news is you're in safe hands here :)

Firstly it's no drama to take the box apart, you need one screwdriver that's it, just make sure it properly fits so you don't damage any of the screws!

Take off the pedals first, then remove the screws underneath one by one. Don't forget the one hiding under where the cable comes in!

When you remove the top part have a good look around and know what you're looking at. If you hold down the base at this point and put one of the pedals through its travel you will see how they work. This is where the problem lies!

The potentiometers have been set incorrectly and all we have to do is turn them through their travel to the correct location so the pedals engage them at the appropriate point.

Make sure you've gone to ts.thrustmaster.com and downloaded the firmware updater. In here there is a calibration tool so you can connect your T300 to your laptop/pc and see exactly where the potentiometers need to move. Connect your pedals to your pc before you start fine tuning, and press the pedals through their full travel too. Now you can start fiddling with the pedal box. Note that the top half presses the pedals about an inch or so before they should start to engage. This is part of the reason you need to adjust and re-adjust until you get it right.

Just so you know, mine pedals are set perfectly now. 100% free of deadzones, instant engagement on touching them and full travel on both. Perfect. However, I won't lie, this took 5-10 attempts of opening and closing the pedal box fully to achieve. You must have patience!

But trust me it's worth it.

Setting the potentiometers takes some trial and error but the most annoying part is getting the top back on. The most effective way I found is to post the pedals through the top half then turn the box over so the pedals are touching the floor (preferably carpet). Carefully line up the two half's at the bottom part of the box and apply a small amount of pressure while guiding the brake spring into its correct location. It needs to go over the nobble on both the base and the pedal itself. Bit fiddley but essential. When everything is lined up properly place your knee in the centre of the base and apply pressure while guiding the two halves together. Now they're in place you have both hands free to insert screws. Screw in as many as you can from this position then remove your knee to do the remaining ones low down.

Job done! :)

Hope all goes well buddy. Let us know how you get on!

Oh and regarding the Driveclub issue I can't really comment as I use the controller currently to save having to adapt going back and forth from GT6. You will have to get some track time with it to diagnose but that would be a new issue with the wheel itself I don't think any of us have heard of before. So unlikely. More likely it was Driveclub 👍

Plucked up the courage enough to do this fix this afternoon it's certainly worth the hassle:cheers:. All I will say is do what @Captain Roh says to the letter and you won't go wrong patience is indeed key don't cut any corners I tried didn't work!! :guilty:
On top of his equipment advice I would have to hand a small torch in order to locate the fiddly brake spring when you go to put the things back together. Oh and a cloth there was quite a bit of grease in mine.:ill:
Also for some reason my readings in the control panel were a bit all over the place I must have tried 10 different positions and kept getting what looked like slight spiking from one or both pedals. So I reset the control panel and tested again and then again to be sure and all is well. I settled on around 2mm dead zone that's good enough for me I'd had enough for one day.:gtpflag:

Hi all,

I received my t300 gte rim the other day and I've been going through the various pages to get myself set up right. I've built a basic rig using this forum, great advice as well!

Is there a way to change the wheel rotation on the PS4?

Playing drive club at the moment and I would like to adjust it if possible.

Thanks

Hi all,

I received my t300 gte rim the other day and I've been going through the various pages to get myself set up right. I've built a basic rig using this forum, great advice as well!

Is there a way to change the wheel rotation on the PS4?

Playing drive club at the moment and I would like to adjust it if possible.

Thanks
Cancel that, mode and left or right at the same time. Found it in another forum

I call the dealer this morning again and ask about the T3PA-pro, they said it is an official product from Thrustmaster but it isn't released yet on their web site for pre-order, isn't it exciting? we finally can choose a T500 pedal with T300 !!!!!! Splendid!!!!!
Interesting. I wonder if it will have the conical brake-mod as well...

What is the function of mode + left or right???
You can change the rotation. If you press mode and left you will see the light flash. It has 5 preset rotations, 1 flash 270 upto 5 flashes 1080.
Although on Drive club I can't tell the difference between 270 and 1080, unless it's not working correctly.

You can change the rotation. If you press mode and left you will see the light flash. It has 5 preset rotations, 1 flash 270 upto 5 flashes 1080.
Although on Drive club I can't tell the difference between 270 and 1080, unless it's not working correctly.
ok so what if I leave it as default, how many degrees when it is branded new come out of the box?

ok so what if I leave it as default, how many degrees when it is branded new come out of the box?
Obviously on the PC you set the degrees of rotation in drivers.
These rotation settings are purely for console, and only apply to that session. If you turn the console off and back on it will be back at default. Which I believe is 900 degrees.

Note also that most games even on console change the degrees of rotation automatically. So in GT6 you would find required steering amounts change depending on whether you are driving a road car, race car or open wheel car.

Good
These rotation settings are purely for console, and only apply to that session. If you turn the console off and back on it will be back at default. Which I believe is 900 degrees.

Note also that most games even on console change the degrees of rotation automatically. So in GT6 you would find required steering amounts change depending on whether you are driving a road car, race car or open wheel car.
info here

Good Info here, a quick question, when you change the rotation does the wheel limit how far you can turn the wheel or just only acknowledge the degrees of rotation at each preset but you can keep turning the wheel?

Thanks I get it now but I only got an iMac at home...haha!

Did anyone else face this problem with their T300 that it won't stop calibrating itself?
It spins really fast to the left and slams at the stop, bounces back a bit and then keeps doing that same thing.
The only way to stop it is unplugging the USB or power...

It does this since this today, it's two and a half months old. Until now it has worked like a charm...

I'm having the same problems as you and since Thrustmaster haven't answered my e-mails, I have googled this issue and found this software:

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/mMdn0G1OB9Dygei/pY0fYA

You have to take the wheel off and the program will try to re calibrate, fail, and then try to solve the issue.
Unfortunately, this happens to me every other day so I have to repeat this whole process.

I'm really upset with the lack of feedback from Thrustmaster support though. My wheel is new, bought it in January and in 40 days this issue appeared.

Bumped into your post, looks like I have exactly the same issue.
It looks like the tool version is already outdated no? It refers to an older firmware version than the current one.

Did you or @ENGYPT already hear back from TM? I sent an email through the contact form already today, but maybe I'd better give them a call tomorrow.

EDIT: running the motor calibration program fixed the problem for now. Hopefully it doesn't re-appear like with yours. Although it doesn't take long, it would be a pain to need to always remove and reattach the rim, or to detach it from my PS3/4 and hook it up to my laptop.

Last edited:
Could someone point me in the direction for the download link for the control panel for the T300 as cannot for the life of me find it, Managed to update my wheel's firmware and want to make sure everything else is fine.

Could someone point me in the direction for the download link for the control panel for the T300 as cannot for the life of me find it, Managed to update my wheel's firmware and want to make sure everything else is fine.
If u have downloaded the firmware go into your programs on your pc and scroll to the thrustmaster one. Click on it then I think it's in the advanced options.

My control panel was listed under "Apps" on my laptop no idea if this is the same for all.:dunce:

Latest Posts

Back