Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,519 comments
Yeah... My last time unfortunately wasn't up to the task to stay in the top 100. And to be fair, I didn't want to be left out of the 2:11.xxx group. So I had only one option... Improve my time.

And improve my time I did: 2:11.936

Which is good enough for 73th. Only 1 day left, I think it's a safe time to guarantee a top 100 spot.

Would really like to know how fast I am compared to other DualSense/DS4 users. PD could eventually add a feature where the global table displays what kind of hardware (between wheel and controller) was used to set that time, much like GTA Online (at least for PC) displays who is using a keyboard+mouse and a controller.

20220802_182636.jpg

I don't claim to be a very bad driver.... but seriously, I don't understand this car at all. The car brakes sooo badly for me and when it does, the rear constantly tries to overtake the front end and that with the very slightest movement of the steering wheel. And as soon as you want to accelerate a little, the wheels spin.

I thought I'd look at the new gold time replay just for fun - but somehow it is not available for me.
Anyone knows what are the criteria for having the replay visible?

It seemed to me that any time entering the top 10 would get saved, and remain available even if falls out of the top 10. But then not sure why P1 is not there...

Would really like to know how fast I am compared to other DualSense/DS4 users. PD could eventually add a feature where the global table displays what kind of hardware (between wheel and controller) was used to set that time, much like GTA Online (at least for PC) displays who is using a keyboard+mouse and a controller.

View attachment 1180098
Well you're way faster than me. My best time was a 2:14.6 but then again I only spent a few minutes on it. I could go faster but whats the point if the reward is the same?

Well you're way faster than me. My best time was a 2:14.6 but then again I only spent a few minutes on it. I could go faster but whats the point if the reward is the same?
Personal satisfaction is the only reason - for me, that was enough to keep trying. Total understand that for many just hitting gold for the credits is all that matters.

Would really like to know how fast I am compared to other DualSense/DS4 users.
I think it's safe to say faster than 99% of us!

Has anyone else started doing some exploratory laps of the Red Bull Ring in the Skyline?

Personally, if I enjoy the combo and I feel that I have potential for a very good time (such as ESCUDO at Alsace) I’ll keep going for quite some time. This one was the opposite, a really poor TT for me so I just did gold and ditched it because there was no pleasure to be had here. From 44th in ESCUDO to outside the top 1,000 in this one. :lol:

I couldn't sleep last night. Just laying there in bed, despite taking Ambien. So, around 1am I gave up and fired up the rig to try and get back into Gold, after being booted yesterday by less than 0.050 seconds, haha. Took me around two hours, and I had to adjust my driving style for the drugs making me a little loopy, but I finally was able to beat my previous time, by a little over 0.110 seconds.

IMG-8611.jpg

Time stamp of the photo is 3:13am :scared: And I was finally able to sleep after achieving this! lolz

(and yes that daily mileage display was just for this time trial attempt)

Last edited:
I was having a practise last night so I'm going to go and have a look at the early leaderboards now and laugh at how far off the pace I already am...

2 full seconds! Kinda where I predicted actually!

Gave this a quick go ... 1:29.658 after a few laps and much swearing. I can probably manage a high to mid 28, but it's going to be hell putting it all together.

Don't know where i will end up this TimeTrial but one important question to everyone already in there: Is the combination fun to drive?

Gave this a quick go ... 1:29.658 after a few laps and much swearing. I can probably manage a high to mid 28, but it's going to be hell putting it all together.
I had almost the exact same experience just now, 1:29.7. Spent most of my time getting penalties before even starting the timed lap, or retrying after washing out wide from the first corner. Early days but feels like the gold threshold will end up somewhere in the 28s

2M for Gold at Trial Mountain.

Reckon SSS at Red Bull Ring will be sweaty. Think the Gold time could be quite low given the flowing nature of the track and grip of the car. Will enjoy trying for a Gold but I expect this one will be tricky.

Picked 2M and my first gold from Trial Mountain.

Nice combo, but I'm not the best on RBR.
Love to watching racing on it, but not as good when it comes my performance there...

1:30.470 for now.

I just did 4 laps on my lunch break and got a 1:28.153

I have to say that I love the Redbull Ring tho...

Mid 1:27 should be easy when I find the time. Maybe low 27s who knows...

The Skyline is really nice to drive, didn't expect that tbh

Edit: Does anyone have the link to the leaderboards? I just cannot find it on the Gran Turismo website but I know it is there somewhere...

Edit2: Nvm I found the leaderboard.

Last edited:
THX

I just did 4 laps on my lunch break and got a 1:28.153

I have to say that I love the Redbull Ring tho...

Mid 1:27 should be easy when I find the time. Maybe low 27s who knows...

The Skyline is really nice to drive, didn't expect that tbh

Edit: Does anyone have the link to the leaderboards? I just cannot find it on the Gran Turismo website but I know it is there somewhere...

Edit2: Nvm I found the leaderboard.
Can you give the link to the leader board

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a gold on Trial Mountain with a 14.7… took way to long ot crack 15 and I only did it once. Hats off to those folks laying 11’s! First time trying to lay in a ranked time since GT academy (one Heitkotter won… so it has been a minute :-). Looking forward to Austria with the skyline! Really really really loving the force feedback on the new PS5 controllers. I want to get back to a wheel setup but this is so damn convenient to have some kind of feedback in both ‘pedal’ and ‘wheel’.

Last edited:
Back