Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,516 comments
Spent another 40 minutes last night - got within a tenth of my best multiple times but didn't improve, so still on a 2:12.8. My optimum was a 2:12.6 which is frustrating! Yet again I can do a decent time... on different laps!

I see quite a few of you saying ASM helped... I'm loathe to mess around with any settings as I'm used to mine (dualsense, ABS = 1), but if it helps I might have to!

100% this. Was stuck at a 2:14.2. Turned ASM on and now down to a 2:13.8.

These aliens are quick! L-shooter_RB26 is known for claiming the number one spot in time trials from the GT5 days.
Didn't he used to wait until the last minute before posting his time? I believe he used to run it offline, and then go online just before the TT ended.

Didn't he used to wait until the last minute before posting his time? I believe he used to run it offline, and then go online just before the TT ended.
Im not sure when he would post his times. Just recall L-Shooter ALWAYS at the top of the leader boards.
If he waited until the last minute to post his time, that would be sneaky... coming in to dethrone the number 1 :lol:

These aliens are quick! L-shooter_RB26 is known for claiming the number one spot in time trials from the GT5 days.
Indeed they are.

But I should mention here that some of these guys, waste hours upon hours to do these times. Thousands, yes, thousands of kms they put on these cars just to get that perfect lap.
They obviously have insane skill (otherwise they wouldn't be constantly at the top) but they also put a ton more effort than us mere casuals.

EDIT: h0ll1, the australian guy in the top 10, used to have many world records in Gran Turismo 4. He once posted a video of doing some tries "live" at the Nurburgring... and you would be surprised at the amount of retries and hours he spends to achieve that perfect lap. It's something far, far from reasonable.

Last edited:
Hmm I thought L-Shooter was working for PD and that's why he had almost no occurrences in GTS. Cool to see him back tho, the new kids from GTS will need to step up their game now :lol:

Spent another 40 minutes last night - got within a tenth of my best multiple times but didn't improve, so still on a 2:12.8. My optimum was a 2:12.6 which is frustrating! Yet again I can do a decent time... on different laps!

I see quite a few of you saying ASM helped... I'm loathe to mess around with any settings as I'm used to mine (dualsense, ABS = 1), but if it helps I might have to!
Honestly, for me, ASM doesn't feel as intrusive as TCS and I usually don't turn on any assists other than ABS weak.

KCR
Oops, now I'm probably only like 10ms inside gold time. Will have to get at it again 🙂

How is your experience with the motion steering?
I did give it a try, and it seemed fairly fun and rather precise, but not sure I'd be able to play long sessions with it - seems rather tiring.

Different enjoyment / excitement I think, after fighting the Super Formula by myself for hours last week, I'm quite happy to be back on the races and doing some heated laps in Monza.
The daily races can be really good, or really poor... And the bad one tends to leave a lasting impression.

But I agree as well, these TT are great. Having targets to work toward, and good rewards, makes it a lot more interesting than a simple ranking.
@KCR my experience with Dualsense. Allow me to go back long in time, when I was driving Colin McRae Rally, I was using steering wheel from Microsoft. Life took some path and I was not playing for like 20 years. In the beginning of year I got ps4 pro and started playing GT Sport, on controller. I realised that after I used steering wheel for some time, even if it was long time ago, getting used to stick on controller, was a challenge for me. One thing in particular was when I hit some curve and I sense I am losing rear end, I kinda had hard time to correct it with stick. I realised that gt sport had also motion steering and decided to try. It took some time and I said to myself, it's like going to gym, first work out will not make me fit, but I need to repeat it many times.
With this long intro, I am not going back to stick and for now not considering getting steering wheel either. I got ps5.
I find it easier for me to angle curve and correct steering when needed. I can drive 1000km a day and not get tired (read again what I said about going to gym 😁)

I do however need to point out, there is a bug in motion sensor steering!!! In some combos of track and car, example Fuji Time trial with SF19, steering just get shaky for some reason. Try if you want, use cockpit view, that was previous time trial, maybe it works for you, but it looks like it's bug, but we know PD, impossible to send a bug report.
I hope I answered your question, even if it was a bit long, but I felt background story contributed to explanation.

Attachments

• received_575180884249308.jpeg
    received_575180884249308.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 14
100% this. Was stuck at a 2:14.2. Turned ASM on and now down to a 2:13.8.
Sounds like a good tip. I used ASM in the wet Spa missions and it worked a charm. Shall have to re-employ the Active Stability Management team...
How is that possible now? The game is always online or it won't save - I don't think you can even compete offline??

Sounds like a good tip. I used ASM in the wet Spa missions and it worked a charm. Shall have to re-employ the Active Stability Management team...

How is that possible now? The game is always online or it won't save - I don't think you can even compete offline??
I mean you can test yourself in the time trial on World Circuit.

I'm hoping my 16.2 is still a Silver.

@Nuschel01 tried your lines and braking points and couldn't even get into the 16's, makes me think there's clearly something about the way I approach understeer that's fundamentally slower. I find it much easier to replicate your lines using the controller, which to me is very telling. I'm clearly backing off way too much when I sense understeer through my wheel.

I'm hoping my 16.2 is still a Silver.

@Nuschel01 tried your lines and braking points and couldn't even get into the 16's, makes me think there's clearly something about the way I approach understeer that's fundamentally slower. I find it much easier to replicate your lines using the controller, which to me is very telling. I'm clearly backing off way too much when I sense understeer through my wheel.
I was running consistent 16's, then I watched @Nuschel01 lap carefully and noticed where he was braking, half-throttle or full, and made note of his cornering speeds. After that I managed to knock 1 sec off my lap time.

I believe the only one able to beat L-Shooter is L-Shooter :lol: I doubt we'll see any massive improvements anymore.

It's not possible now, but it was back then - you could run everything offline with earlier versions of GT, and a TT time would only be uploaded when you connected to the internet.

Getting nervous that my 2:14.845 time will stand as Gold. Do I need to give it another crack, with ASM turned on? lol
I doubt you will need to do it, but on the other hand, it's always nice to shave off few milliseconds. What is your OPT lap time?

Back