Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,514 comments
Currently not at home and can't check it, but besides BOP, can we change suspension settings and drive car with own settings or not?

Looks like leaderboards from previous TTs are on the website (at least the ones that have given payouts)

Is there any way to search in the leader boards? I don't remember exact time and thought to find me, or friend here, but I mean I can not possibly go through 90 000 posts? And I don't see any search button?

Well I'm miles off the pace with a 2:16.2XX so far, but at least it's a fun challenge! I'm not great with FF cars, so this one will probably soak up a ton of my time!

Knocked together a quick Mugen/Motul livery based off 90's Group 3 Civics. Makes a nice change from the Spoon livery...

20970337462262983.jpg

EDIT: knocked a second off, down to 2:15.2XX now. I know I can put together a gold time now. Optimal was 2:14:8XX....

Last edited:
TT has been a great addition. I didn't do it much in GTS. I did the last 2, not everyday but maybe every other day, got Silver. Silver so far this week too. But I feel like eventually I can get closer to Gold doing these. Good challenge. Nice reward.

Whoever manages to get a 2:14.7 is pretty certain to get gold. The absolute fastest times alaways reach a stop after the first week, and from there it's just bare minimum improvements, which is what we are seeing... Improvements of at most 1 tenth which is exactly the point we are at now. It's unlikely for anyone now to get below 2:10.9 let alone much lower than that. The limits of the car have been found already, it's all just a matter of doing the absolute perfect lap.

Last edited:
I currently have a 2:14.845, lol. Sadly I'm not in a location where I can share my screen shot.

I have a feeling this time won't stand for Gold before the event ends.
You should be safe, the last drop was .058, the previous drops were .017 and .035 i believe ,so it would have to drop another .086 for you to drop to silver ,which i doubt would happen this late as most people have probably reached there limit. :cheers:

TT has been a great addition. I didn't do it much in GTS. I did the last 2, not everyday but maybe every other day, got Silver. Silver so far this week too. But I feel like eventually I can get closer to Gold doing these. Good challenge. Nice reward.
Agreed, And you don't need to deal with the other crap racing online. I'll do more of these TT events.

The gold time has dropped again, now at 2:14.930 .
Oops, now I'm probably only like 10ms inside gold time. Will have to get at it again 🙂
Dualsense, motion steering, automatic transmission
How is your experience with the motion steering?
I did give it a try, and it seemed fairly fun and rather precise, but not sure I'd be able to play long sessions with it - seems rather tiring.
Agreed, And you don't need to deal with the other crap racing online.
Different enjoyment / excitement I think, after fighting the Super Formula by myself for hours last week, I'm quite happy to be back on the races and doing some heated laps in Monza.
The daily races can be really good, or really poor... And the bad one tends to leave a lasting impression.

But I agree as well, these TT are great. Having targets to work toward, and good rewards, makes it a lot more interesting than a simple ranking.

Last edited:
These TTs are great. It's a shame we only have 1 every two weeks.

The top time got exactly 2:11.000

Someone is definitely going to waste hours to get that 2:10.xxx time. :lol: Not me though. I don't even think I can get sub 2:12

Last edited:
Yeah agree tt in gt7 are great tough still missing Kudosprime K Speed Score for gt sport.

Last edited:
try turning on ASM.
100% this. Was stuck at a 2:14.2. Turned ASM on and now down to a 2:13.8.

Where do these guys keep finding these hundrenths???

They've been chipping away for quite a few days in a row now. I've watched the 2:11.2 lap that was top 1 when I did my time and I was already in awe at how amazing it was.
These aliens are quick! L-shooter_RB26 is known for claiming the number one spot in time trials from the GT5 days.

Back