Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,510 comments
Looks like leaderboards from previous TTs are on the website (at least the ones that have given payouts)

Oh that's super nice - I looked for something like that a bit ago, not sure how I missed it.
So
  • Escudo: 81474 entries / 8165 gold
  • SF19: 95257 entries / 3978 gold
It does seem like it was quite a bit harder to gold SF19.
Interesting that the participation increased on the 2nd one actually.

Managed to slip into a Gold on Trial Mountain within half an hour. Right on the edge with 2:15:3XX so I reckon I will drop out as more and more aliens jump on and push the band higher.

It was a quick (half an hour) and untidy effort so I reckon I can shave a little more off in search of a safer, guaranteed Gold, time.
Down to 2:14:9XX.

Reckon I can squeeze more out if it, as I've literally just understood the best way (for me at least) to take turn 1, which essentially sets up the technical first sector. And subsequently the lap which is largely long straights thereafter.

Enjoying this one more than Fuji in the Dallara.

Imagine a Time Trial with the Tomahawk X at Nurburgring...
Interesting to see someone who also uses the right stick for acc. / brakes & R2 / L2 for shifting gears.
I have always done it that way and my friends never understood how and why lol.

I have to say tho that I have changed it a couple of weeks back because the haptic stuff on the Dualsense controller is really nice and you can't have that when using the right stick for accel. / brakes.

I did a 1:20.659 with R2 accel. & L2 brakes... Maybe should've tried to go oldschool and use the right stick lol
I have more control over accelerating or braking when I need to be precise at either. Plus I've been using this from the start, which I think it was in GT3. GT1 and GT2 it was the d-pad and square / X.

The triggers will only be good for left foot braking while you are accelerating at the same time. It's a nice technique but it doesn't give you a vast advantage, sometimes none at all.

KCR
Oh that's super nice - I looked for something like that a bit ago, not sure how I missed it.
So
  • Escudo: 81474 entries / 8165 gold
  • SF19: 95257 entries / 3978 gold
It does seem like it was quite a bit harder to gold SF19.
Interesting that the participation increased on the 2nd one actually.
The combination of a car and track and the fact that the top time in Fuji was a freak of nature.

As I've said before, controller users are nerfed when it comes to slow-speed corners or any tight corner in general due to the lower steering angles compared to the wheel. Sector 3 in Fuji you lose 1 second or more compared to a wheel in that car because it's full of tight corners, pretty much the entire sector is...

The Escudo Alsace combo wasn't as bad because with the Escudo, you could slide a bit and compensate in the slow speed corners of Alsace, with the SF19 you can forget about sliding.

Last edited:
Sorted gold withing 5 laps, not that difficult. I can find another 0.7 seconds for sure, but nowhere close to the 2:11 times the top ones managed 🤣

Attachments

• 18225b5050c64-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18225b5050c64-screenshotUrl.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 20
WARNING!!!

Don't go into any other race before you do the time trial. There's a bug. I did the time trial, then did Race A. My Race A qualifying time remained as "my current best" and new time trial times did not update my actual current best time. And, no, unfortunately, your race A qualifying time from race A is not used as your current best ;)...at least not that I have seen so far.

WARNING!!!

Don't go into any other race before you do the time trial. There's a bug. I did the time trial, then did Race A. My Race A qualifying time remained as "my current best" and new time trial times did not update my actual current best time. And, no, unfortunately, your race A qualifying time from race A is not used as your current best ;)...at least not that I have seen so far.
This isn't a TT exclusive bug, it just happens sometimes with any "best time".

You see it when hopping between sport mode races too sometimes, annoying when one race is shorter than another because you have to back out to clear the bugged time instead of just beating it.

Wow, really? Didn't happen to me as jumped into Race B but no issues. Mind you, didn't set a best time on that straight after the Time Trial.

You can do it !

Question : before I got 2:14, I previously got 2:15:055 but the game puts me on gold ? how did that work?
Gold (well, all medals) is relative to the top time, so if the top time gets faster, you also need a faster time for gold.

Last edited:
Sat at 2.15.260, from about 12 laps ago I don't dare switch off my session as I use the split arrows more than the ghost for improving. Feel like mu eyes are going to bleed soon

On the bright side though I could only manage poor bronze times on the last two tts so I'm determined to improve this

Pretty happy at the moment with a 2:16.687, which would be my first silver. There’s probably another half a second there in case the times tumble, though I very much doubt I can reach the gold.

Any time under 2:20 boggles mine! 🤣

Practiced and practiced and today got just over a second inside the bronze window! Yaaay!
These trials are great, they really do make you work to get the best out of the car and track! :cheers:
Hey, if I can do it it's very possible.
Turned off the TC for a change and was much faster (I run TC1 pretty much all the time).

Any time under 2:20 boggles mine! 🤣

Practiced and practiced and today got just over a second inside the bronze window! Yaaay!
These trials are great, they really do make you work to get the best out of the car and track! :cheers:
I really struggled with the last two to get a bronze time, just managed a low 14.9 on this after a couple of 30 minute stints the other day and a couple of hours this morning.

Ps5 with controller.
I used 0 tc, asm on, abs weak and manual box.

Nailing the first corners is the hardest bit for me followed by cutting the corners with the hatch markings as close as possible at the start / end of the back straight.

The most useful gain I made was practicing using the gear changes mid corner to increase rotation just when I need it to allow the power to come on earlier people mentioned it in the last two tts but here I feel like I'm actually starting to get it.

Finally I stayed in the same session as long as possible as using the split times was particularly useful to see where I'm gaining and loosing.

Also if I got penalties rather than wasting a lap I'd pass the penalties mark and turn round go back to the last chicane that helped not start a new lap already down on time

I thought silver was unobtainable but I'm happy with where I am and I'll come back next week and try and shave a little more to hopefully stay gold.

Keep trying and it'll all come together eventually

Hopefully some of this helps mate

2:13.8 after about an hour n half last night. Plenty to find still - put a ghost that was 12.6 or something and I was pretty close for a lot of it.

I see some people sharing their videos, is that okay? I make a video from my first night and another from my best lap to see the improvement for each time trial so far (might have missed one).

Back