Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 27,974 comments
This is my post before the post on all the Gr.4 cars that I tested - I couldn’t look past being 21st out of 28 friends and so this morning I went for new PB and managed a -0.286 improvement! Moving me up 5-spots to 16th. Was on the cusp of maybe jumping 2-more spots but decided to finish testing the cars.
View attachment 1268815
View attachment 1268816View attachment 1268817

Wow! I'm impressed with your commitment and your sub-55-laptime. Congratulations from someone of your backfield...

Leaving me behind there in 26th! By comparison I think I was 18th on my friends list last time I looked. I've only tried the S15 for this one, not tried any other cars - the 458 gives me nightmares.
Wish I would have used the RCZ for my PB because I ran 6-laps right before getting off and I know I could have beaten my time and improved more. Such a smooth drive

Finally I manage to enter the club of 1'40 with the time of 1'40'775
16879661384843007632849763991316.jpg

This is my post before the post on all the Gr.4 cars that I tested - I couldn’t look past being 21st out of 28 friends and so this morning I went for new PB and managed a -0.286 improvement! Moving me up 5-spots to 16th. Was on the cusp of maybe jumping 2-more spots but decided to finish testing the cars.

View attachment 1268816
That's quick in the 458! That was my favourite car, both driving and sound wise, but I was a couple hundredths slower than in the Huracan despite doing the most laps in it. Though it was also one of the first ones I tried. In a quicker car you'd likely destroy the 3 names above you given you're only a few hundredths off!
Never tried the RCZ (At all in the game), but from a few comments it sounds like a quick one to try next time.

That's quick in the 458! That was my favourite car, both driving and sound wise, but I was a couple hundredths slower than in the Huracan despite doing the most laps in it. Though it was also one of the first ones I tried. In a quicker car you'd likely destroy the 3 names above you given you're only a few hundredths off!
Never tried the RCZ (At all in the game), but from a few comments it sounds like a quick one to try next time.
My optimals for the 458 and Huracan were pretty similar around 1:54.4 - Huracan had amazing rotation but also too much rotation lol. I had never driven the Gr4 RCZ, only the Gr.3 and didn't care for it at the time - It seems to fit this track perfectly with gear ratios. On my penultimate lap this morning with it I was -.28x ahead of the 458 time I set and went 1-pixel wide on the heel and got penalty! It just feels planted and really has acceleration and the BOP improves it actually by raising the HP and keeping weight the same.

Attention people! Gold on WG is now 1:56:223 from 1:56:317! I managed to improve my time a bit with 1 tenth of a second or less, hope it is enough for gold... :scared:
With 1:55.875 you can rest easy.

On the other hand my 1:56.313 is dead, but it was very plausible. I have to go back tonight and try to improve.

Edit long after : done 1:56.200 hope it will hold 🤞but I am sure Jeddah is currently trying to get his first place back.

189037afc5561-screenshotUrl.jpg

Lap count 123

Last edited:
Tried the Corvette at the Glen for some laps today, but I wasn't in the right zone to improve my 55.7 - it will have to do.
On alt account I tried the Silvia and within 5 laps I managed to get into 55s - wow, this car is seriously faster option and with some work I could probably look into 54s, but I'm happy with my Corvette time and will sport it on the leaderboard with pride.

Not in the zone for grippy gr.4? Let's look what's cooking under the Hatch!
BrandsTT-almost.jpg

First stint, some 15 laps and just into yellows. Many places to improve, expected it to be a drifting mayhem, but it's surprisingly driveable with a d-pad. Like it.

This time trial has made me google timezones! As of writing this post, 3:20am at Jeddah. Time in England 1:20am. Hoping none of those aliens will try again.

I am at 2.96%, merely 0.049 sec within gold.

Edit: Just tried Silvia for first time and got 2.79% within a few laps. :eek:
I had always assumed that due to being 4WD, the Silvia Gr4 would understeer horribly that is why I don't even own one but it seems to be turning better than my usual cars, the McLaren and the Ferrari! Video in case anyone wants it useful. I am a controller dude with AT.

Yes, I do use brake area and racing line assists, lol :D
Brake area to help me determine where to start braking and where to start steering. Racing line to help me determine if I need back off the throttle a bit during exits.

Last edited:
I give up on the W.G. Time trial, too many hairpins, turns and corners to navigate and overcome. So i'll just take the bronze I guess. Sigh, I am so annoyed by this. I mean I've been playing GT for 2 full years now and still it's hard to catch the top drivers.

MT seems harder to use than the AT for me. I don't know about you guys but I'm out here!

Last edited:
After getting a sub 3% time on the first days of the time trial I knew that wouldn’t last. So I came back tonight and I was at 3.36%. It took me about two hours to get it below 3% with about three hours left to go. I’m happy. I didn’t need the money but I wanted the gold.

IMG_6652.jpeg

I was hyper for this morning because yesterday evening while the wife watched some "good doctor" or something i went to BH on the nokia-setup, and surprisingly did a few 40.1's and i thought 39's easy tomorrow....

I think i needed 8 restarts......to get thru the first corner, another 8 restarts to get to the second sector....
i tried for an hour but could not glue my sectors together, ..

Did had my best S2 ever with 35.390 but then Kiwi decided to climb up my back with ALL it's nails.....
I never yelled harder at a kitten then this morning, I think he knows know that this was a 39.......

Now we just forget that......., makes some coffey....... and start the work day....... zennnnnnn..... :banghead: :lol: :banghead: :irked: :lol: :lol:

@Dan_Tes Told you so, you are awefully close that quickly!

Back