Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 27,974 comments
Has gold time been lowered from 1:56.223 last night ?

no, it’s still holding at that with just over an hour to go

Attachments

• IMG_3598.jpeg
    IMG_3598.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 6
Yes. 1:55.875.
I've just done 8 laps and it was still 1:56.223. Are you joking ?

No improvement, except on sector 3 and 4 where I improved my inters but did not string them with good sector 1 and 2.

And no matter what, if I manage to take a good last turn + good 1st turn and have a nice margin that I carry along until after the bus stop, I lose most of it in outer loop and the chute.

Theorical optimal lap : 1:55.574

Lap count 131.
18905adcd7d21-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, newbie posting for the first time.

My best time on WG is a 1.55:907 using the Silvia. That’s me absolutely rinsing the max out of the car and driving the perfect lap to my ability. I’m sure there are players that will be better but I’m struggling to see how they are 3 secs better! Are the top times genuine?

Hi, newbie posting for the first time.

My best time on WG is a 1.55:907 using the Silvia. That’s me absolutely rinsing the max out of the car and driving the perfect lap to my ability. I’m sure there are players that will be better but I’m struggling to see how they are 3 secs better! Are the top times genuine?
Welcome to GT planet TT trial thread. Top times are genuine, but they are set by outer space civilization that somehow always land in Finland, learn how to drive extremely fast so we all wonder how that is possible and they learn english just to post on this forum. They will always be on top of your leaderboard just like mine. but yeah, if you practice a lot it is possible to get close to them, maybe even beat them in some of TTs, I have seen few achieving that goal. Good luck, you will improve with practice !

Down into the mid 1:40’s at Brands now, I don’t think I left much time out there but I’m very happy with that, it should be a comfortable gold at this point. It’s funny how much quicker I am on certain tracks, I was firmly in the silver bracket at Watkins Glen, but the second a time trial or race is at Brands I perform immeasurably better than my usual benchmark

Congrats to all fighting for gold at Watkins Glen to the end!!!
This might turn out statistcally easy TT, but for some of us it is a steep climb for the last tenths to the gold threshold (especially with the threshold moving on the last day). Hats off to all fighting either victorious or not!

I turned my head last night to Brands Hatch and stayed there for a second stint.
Still some trial and error learning process, some corners I seem to have figured out, some still need work. Anyway improvement is solid.
BrandsTT-almost2.jpg

The game says it's legit (and I've got the best sector time there):
BrandsTT-almost21.jpg

This one's nailed pretty solidly:
BrandsTT-almost22.jpg

Yeah this Valkyrie TT is going to be challenging to get gold in, but not impossible. Requires very precise inputs. Somehow 'half fluked' a 1.18.756 after just 15 min. I noticed even in 3rd gear you get wheelspin, if you go too hard on the throttle and/or too early.

I shall wait until next week for a retry, to see where the gold time moves. Struggled to go this quick afterwards. Too early to say, but maybe a 1.18.5-1.18.8 could hold up? Simple track and really fast car, plus Mr. Jeddah at the top, so won't likely move that much the gold time. I am happy they made this car challenging, requires expert skills to be quick in this car.

Below my hotlap, perhaps useful for the non aliens to check out.

My silver held for WG. Need to bring that time down a bit at BH as I'm close to a silver, close enough to be worth some more laps.

Not too confident on the Valkyrie though, I tend to be worse on faster cars (perhaps a controller thing, but totally accept I'm just not as experienced with GR1 stuff as I like road cars offline and do Gr3&4 all the time online)

My silver held for WG. Need to bring that time down a bit at BH as I'm close to a silver, close enough to be worth some more laps.

Not too confident on the Valkyrie though, I tend to be worse on faster cars (perhaps a controller thing, but totally accept I'm just not as experienced with GR1 stuff as I like road cars offline and do Gr3&4 all the time online)
Its because in fast cars you lose more time when you later on throttle vs top drivers. Btw currently p1 Calster is on pad ;)

I managed not to gold WG. I was doing well on sectors I normally don't and poorly everywhere else last night. Managed a 56.7 which is near my best 56.6 but I just didn't find rhythm.

Also if I had tried the 458 sooner I think I would have gold. That thing has quickly become one of my favorite cars. Lively for me and I love the turn in feel of that car. I hit a 1.56.7 my third lap in it and then immediately forgot how to drive. One of those days. 😁

Just dipped my toes in for four laps with the Valkyrie TT. Wow, that car is a handful. This will take some time to tame and learn how to control. One thing for sure is that it requires very smooth steering and throttle inputs otherwise you are sliding and spinning everywhere. I found myself using a gear higher than normal just to be able to put power down, like 3rd coming out of the acute turns....

No idea my current time but I was like +8.something % off top time, so a long way to go...

Congrats to all fighting for gold at Watkins Glen to the end!!!
This might turn out statistcally easy TT, but for some of us it is a steep climb for the last tenths to the gold threshold (especially with the threshold moving on the last day). Hats off to all fighting either victorious or not!
Yes, for me the road to gold was definately painful process. Afternoon did gold time and evening was silver again. This morning, before work, after last 30 minutes attempt ended up with 1:55.797.
Very happy, specially that from the begining everybody says that this TT was easy and for me somehow was quite different. It took me lot of laps to catch the flow and brake safely to gain some speed on exits.
Congrats to everybody who tried, no matter bronze, silver or gold.

Here are some statistics for TT31 at Watkins Glen Long Course in Gr.4 cars.

Highlights:
  • Participation was up again and well above the average to date.
  • This was another easier TT, possibly 2nd easiest to date, with over 25% of drivers getting gold (2nd easiest to date) and almost 39% getting silver (again 2nd easiest). Only 3.3% of drivers got no reward, the smallest proportion to date under normal rules.
TT-main table.jpg

TT-main table-a.jpg
TT-comparison.jpg
TT-DR Table.jpg

TT-DR Graph.jpg

Drivers with gold in all TTs
The number of drivers with gold in all TTs to date remained at 126.

As usual I've split the graphs because the high early numbers mean the later low numbers are barely legible when all the data is on one graph.
TT-all gold table.jpg

TT-all gold table-a.jpg
TT-all gold chart 1.jpg
TT-all gold chart 2.jpg

TT-distribution.jpg
TT-hor bar.jpg
Yes.
TT-easy.jpg
TT-easy-a.jpg
My results:
  • Time: 1:53.957 - Gold streak continues
  • Position (percentile): 352/131,890 (Top 0.27%)
  • 0.99% off #1 and 0.3% off #100.

Latest Posts

Back