Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 27,974 comments
I started doing time trials recently with the Audi TT being my first one which was an easy gold. Was away from my PlayStation for a while and hooked on to this thread reading about how difficult Brands Hatch was(not too fond of the track either). Thanks to all the suggestions and observations made on this thread I achieved 1:42:7 ish on my first try! Come third try and I'm already in gold. However, I'd be more than willing to lower it with no stress if the gold time decreases. The Aston Martin is a wheelspin fest with the overtake button. Kept the TCS at 1 and achieved 1:18:961 despite a few errors. Will definitely try to lower this record again once i get some time off. My aim is to achieve gold in every time trial from now on (road cars, not too fond of race cars) and things seem to be pretty easy as of now.

Attachments

• 18908a7333d96-cd311e42ddac4c5aa2461f1e845a98bfbe2bebf6-265_message_432145219586696_1688067264010.jpg
    18908a7333d96-cd311e42ddac4c5aa2461f1e845a98bfbe2bebf6-265_message_432145219586696_1688067264010.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 18908a70eb627-cd311e42ddac4c5aa2461f1e845a98bfbe2bebf6-265_message_432145186005272_1688067132833.jpg
    18908a70eb627-cd311e42ddac4c5aa2461f1e845a98bfbe2bebf6-265_message_432145186005272_1688067132833.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Welp decided to do a quick second run with the Valkyrie because I am actually very busy on the weekend. Plus I tried to tune the car to match a GR010 at Le Mans, while failing to do so I ended up driving 300-400km so I got really used to the car's physics. So better to get a 2nd run in now while the car feels familiar.

After a 20 min session absolutely nailed every sector and did a 1.18.367, really happy with that. Not sure if I can go much quicker tbh, maybe 1.18.2s but currently I do not possess that type of pace yet.

Attachments

• IMG_20230629_225839072_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230629_225839072_HDR.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 8
Sat at an 1:18.2 in the Valkyrie. Never been top 1000 before and that’s rank 400! For now lol

I don’t think it will hold for gold but it’s not a bad car to lap. Get out wide on entry and press overtake might be the key.

I don’t run MT, I wonder if that will help a bit on this challenge? Don’t think I have the brain capacity though.

Last edited:
Recently, I haven't been able to spend too much time on the TTs, but despite dropping in performance a fair bit I managed to stay in gold. Strongest TTs would be N24. I'd be interested in the overall personal statistics, so if you find the time I'd love to take a look. Cheers and thanks for constantly providing us with this interesting data :)
What is your GT7 nickname (not PS username)?

Having struggled around the RBR this morning, I only just realised this evening that there was boost on the car :ill:. I have now knocked about 1.5 seconds of my best time and have just about scraped into gold by about 1/10th. Not a great fan on this combo. I expect that I will need to improve again to keep that gold.

Evening!

Stressful day for me today so setting a PB was a necessity tonight to give me something to be happy about. Mission accomplished but a poor entry into clearways costs me entry into the 1:39 club. Chances to try again are limited for me so this might be it (game on, @Gomario JSP 😈)

I do like this one but the G70(?)’s wayward handling is a bit too unpredictable for my liking. It’s a lot of fun but to go fast I find it a little bit too sensitive.

In the new TT I bought the Valkyrie because… it’s awesome! Livery pending but wow this one feels like a challenge. I did five laps and despite the terrifying power on oversteer it did feel brilliant.. I think this one will be great again but annoying that I won’t be around to properly grind it 😌

And the million dollar question for Dan is, did @djolliea beat my Watkins Glen time at the death!???? Give this one to me man even if you did just lie to me I need this! 😂😂
IMG_1026.jpeg

Sorry @Gomario JSP i just had to!
IMG_1025.jpeg

IMG_1024.jpeg

Last edited:
That Valkyrie sure is a handful. The challenge is to utilize all that power efficiently without losing traction. Apply too much throttle a bit too quickly and the car does a 300 meter long burnout before gaining traction. Not exactly efficient. But fun as hell.

Screenshot_2023-06-30-02-22-44-81_fff335ca613a5f557fcea787596aedca.jpg

@Dan_Tes I did not beat your time at WG. I tried but was still about 0,1 sec slower at the end. Well played sir! Now let's never talk about that again. :lol:

Last edited:
That Valkyrie sure is a handful. The challenge is to utilize all that power efficiently without losing traction. Apply too much throttle a bit too quickly and the car does a 300 meter long burnout before gaining traction. Not exactly efficient. But fun as hell.

View attachment 1269279

@Dan_Tes I did not beat your time at WG. I tried but was still about 0,1 sec slower at the end. Well played sir! Now let's never talk about that again. :lol:
Nice Valkyrie-ing!!

YES!!!! I did see you had a 1:53.6xx and I shat myself and turned off the playstation, rocked myself to sleep expecting you to obliterate it the next day. I WILL TAKE THIS ONE AND ONLY EVER VICTORY!!! :bowdown:

Last edited:
The biggest issue I had with the Valkyrie was getting it stopped. I kept overshooting the corners because I expected the car to pull up faster. When you have a car with such a huge amount of acceleration and lateral grip, you expect it to stop rather quickly but the power of the brakes are a tad weak. Happily you can work around this issue by scrubbing off more speed before taking the corner, but it takes time to figure out each braking point. The car is also quite temperamental on corner exit because the power comes on strong and FAST, which can easily catch you out if you aren't paying full attention. It's a proper analogue experience. With all that said, I managed a 1:18.841.

Last edited:
Hmm. I didn't have the best prep for this new TT... work crazy, home life crazy. Didn't even get started until 9;30pm.

I do not like the Valkyrie. It is not fun.

I eventually caved and used TC1 as recommended by a viewer.

Feels dirty.

1:18.1xx was all I could muster.

Not doing a track guide on this one as I'm ill-qualified to tell anyone how to drive this car.

The Valkyrie is phenomenal. Best road car ever! Everything is better than expected. The acceleration is monster. Corners really well on racing hards. Brakes almost like a race car. And so stable while doing all these things.

I think that I am safely in silver and that gold isn’t gonna be possible for me.

I noticed one thing- The Valkyrie is capable of getting the yellow kerb on T1 under it without getting upset. I am not yet able to do that consistently without getting track penalty but when it works, the exit acceleration is phenomenal.
IMG_7372.JPG

Last edited:
Evening!

Stressful day for me today so setting a PB was a necessity tonight to give me something to be happy about. Mission accomplished but a poor entry into clearways costs me entry into the 1:39 club. Chances to try again are limited for me so this might be it (game on, @Gomario JSP 😈)

I do like this one but the G70(?)’s wayward handling is a bit too unpredictable for my liking. It’s a lot of fun but to go fast I find it a little bit too sensitive.

In the new TT I bought the Valkyrie because… it’s awesome! Livery pending but wow this one feels like a challenge. I did five laps and despite the terrifying power on oversteer it did feel brilliant.. I think this one will be great again but annoying that I won’t be around to properly grind it 😌

And the million dollar question for Dan is, did @djolliea beat my Watkins Glen time at the death!???? Give this one to me man even if you did just lie to me I need this! 😂😂
View attachment 1269261

Sorry @Gomario JSP i just had to!
View attachment 1269262
View attachment 1269263

ooh..come oooonn!!! 40.060.... really?? :lol:
Yeah it's the Brands Hunts, it just always let you nail 8 out of 9 corners, just the way it is ........:lol:
but you got me there mate, nice lap!

The Valkyrie is something different, it just 100% tries to murder you, throttle me???, you die......
I did a few laps and still don't know how to handle it :lol:
i ran a 18.7-ish in the first few laps what still got me around 2,69% :boggled: but there should be alot more time to gain if i find the clue to rotate it in the hairpin lol.

Hope everything is allright there Dan, goodluck with the stressfull times there!

Still working out my lines on BH
IMG_6719.jpeg

Edit: well I think I’m safe in the gold with 0.358 buffer! This is a lot of fun and difficult but once you start remembering the markers and get a feel for the balance I can see why y’all loving it.
Let’s give the AM Valk a spin (probably literally)

Last edited:
Statistically speaking, is the latest time trial "easy" like the most recent 3?
Lol read the replies in here - your sample grouping in here represents the top 10% of drivers and a lot of top 1-3% (and resident aliens @Dan_Tes @djolliea @sdi_03 @half_sourly and especially of late, @Gomario JSP & @Dolph Drago)

Lots saying not easy including guides

Edit: yeah by the end, gold will be very tough. The top of the leaderboard is very crowded right now, so I wouldn’t be surprised if another .2-.3 comes off the top time.

Edit: 9-hours later and already down 0.3-seconds from this morning lol. AKA there is another .3-.5 second improvement coming by the end at least. Curious if I can grind at this one to mayyyybe touch gold without hating the game lol

Last edited:
Back