Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,723 comments
So I did manage to get some free time today and I'm happy to report that after another 220+ miles at the RBR TT, I finally got gold and clocked a 1.18.193...almost a full second improvement from my previous PB that I initially settled for. It wasn't without its frustrations, the wife had to remind me that I play the game to have fun 😂 ...anyway, this time's better be safe for gold because I'm so done with this car! 😮‍💨

I haven't seen it mentioned here, but along the US time trial, Japan also has a local time trial event at the moment.

It is at Autopolis Short Course with the AE86 S. Shigeno Version. It's... not the easiest car to handle on controller. I lose a lot of time when leaving the hairpin (T6). I'm reaching 1:21:3XX which is nice of course, but feels frustrating because this combination is a tough one for me. I hope there will be more events like these in the future!

Last edited:
Search for 17.361 in replays. I played with gears a lot with TC at 1 trying to use what the top times did, but it kills the high gear light slip that is needed to keep it accelerating. I actually found the gears I used far more intuitive as it's more like what you'd actually use driving the car.
Thanks for the tip, did read it after i had my last sort of session, so didn't get the chance to execute that :lol:
Sort of found some peace in the first sector by following Kaj, and found that it's impossible for me to keep up with him with TC on in T1, he just rockets out of there, so between the weird inconsistent penaulties, ( i even got one while only on curb with one wheel ) i noticed hybrid TCS was the way to go for me, if i had more time but had to go to work at 06:30 due to starting at 7..

So still don't like it and finish @ 1:18.071

On to the next!

Porsche 917k - 150 mile session this evening. Many clean laps, but also many deaths! 2.5secs found, with about another second to find on my optimal. Making progress. Won’t get anywhere near the top, but it’s a little exciting to be in the top 100 (just😂)

1689225765976.jpeg

I haven't seen it mentioned here, but along the US time trial, Japan also has a local time trial event at the moment.

It is at Autopolis Short Course with the AE86 S. Shigeno Version. It's... not the easiest car to handle on controller. I lose a lot of time when leaving the hairpin (T6). I'm reaching 1:21:3XX which is nice of course, but feels frustrating because this combination is a tough one for me. I hope there will be more events like these in the future!
Porsche 917k - 150 mile session this evening. Many clean laps, but also many deaths! 2.5secs found, with about another second to find on my optimal. Making progress. Won’t get anywhere near the top, but it’s a little exciting to be in the top 100 (just😂)
Seems like only EMEA region doesn't have its exclusive time trials :confused:
Feeling like a third grade customer. On the other hand, another TT with overlapping regular two...

Last edited:
Here are some statistics for TT33 at Red Bull Ring in the Aston Martin Valkyrie '21.

Highlights:
  • Participation was up again, with only the Olympic event having more participants. Surprising given the... interesting handling characteristics of the Valkyrie.
  • This was a medium tough TT, with 6.6% of drivers getting gold, but fewer than average getting now reward.
  • The proportion of drivers within 1% of #1 was the 6th lowest to date, typical for a difficult car.
  • I've now included our GTP leaderboard - please shout if you see mistakes or omissions; it is a work in progress. Also let me know of your tool of choice (wheel or controller) if you have not yet.

LB-RBR.jpg
TT-main table.jpg
TT-main table-a.jpg
TT-comparison.jpg
TT-DR Table.jpg
TT-DR Graph.jpg

Drivers with gold in all TTs
The number of drivers with gold in all TTs to date dropped from 126 to 124.

TT-all gold table.jpg
TT-all gold chart 1.jpg
TT-all gold chart 2.jpg

TT-distribution.jpg
TT-hor bar.jpg
Medium.
TT-easy.jpg
Interim Results for TT34 at BB

TT-interim.jpg
LB-BB.jpg
This was a request to help people see how many places they're likely to gain by gaining a certain amount of time.
TT-interim gaps.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some statistics for TT33 at Red Bull Ring in the Aston Martin Valkyrie '21.

Highlights:
  • Participation was up again, with only the Olympic event having more participants. Surprising given the... interesting handling characteristics of the Valkyrie.
  • This was a medium tough TT, with 6.6% of drivers getting gold, but fewer than average getting now reward.
  • The proportion of drivers within 1% of #1 was the 6th lowest to date, typical for a difficult car.
  • I've now included our GTP leaderboard - please shout if you see mistakes or omissions; it is a work in progress. Also let me know of your tool of choice (wheel or controller) if you have not yet.

This was a request to help people see how many places they're likely to gain by gaining a certain amount of time.

Thanks for the all the work!, every week again and it just gets better everytime, thanks for putting in the time and work, it's appriciated! :bowdown::bowdown:

and nice to see thst i'm the fastest Dutch guy on the list........ :lol: :lol:

RBR is my 2nd best finish behind (shamefully?) the Alf-hard! Wish I would have had one more day to improve but I needed the sleep yesterday.

Loving the new TT - always nice to be able to test different cars out. Very short lap, so easy to get into a groove. Started with the Z4 because hasn’t driven it since the CE on Tokyo. Fun car but a bit understeery so after thinking I got gold I noticed I was silver and went with the tried and tested 911. Almost 0.5 second improvement. As per normal wasted away a good amount of my time taking pics 😂
IMG_6814.jpeg
IMG_6815.jpeg
IMG_6812.jpeg
IMG_6813.jpeg

IMG_6816.jpeg

Is there any chance to get personal stats for psn: AE-drifting? I remember seeing somehow you managed to dig out those statistics.

Thanks a lot!
Will do. It may take me a while; with the new way I scrape data I need to recreate a way to do personal stats; but I'll get it over to you in the next day or so.

Highlights:

Great work!!! I really enjoy the break downs you do after each event. Thank you for your efforts.

If you would like to add me to the gtp leaderboard that would be cool. Always nice to see how i compare. I use a wheel (g29)

Highlights:

Fantastic work @half_sourly !
I would like to be added to the GTP leaderboard if its no bother. This is my page link:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/user/mymenu/27cb29ab-769e-47fe-9f99-f8323f161555/profile

I use a wheel.
Thanks !

Back