Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,799 comments
I'm quite miffed that we lost an hour of the Red Bull Ring TT due to server maintenance. I worked extremely hard on this one, running over 600km, but with one day to go, my best time was a 1:30.614. So on the last day, I arrived home at 11pm and believed I had two hours to find those 1.5 tenths. I did a 1:30.516 at 11:58pm and that was it because of the server maintenance. Annoyingly, I lost about 2 tenths compared to my ghost in the last 2 corners, so I could have had a 1:30.3. I'm not sure why PD couldn't have done the server maintenance an hour later.
Captura de pantalla 2023-09-28 a la(s) 1.09.29.png

I still didn't updated game, it sending me error where it says that I need 33gb of free space...
Every time like this, for update of 1-2gb it's asking to delete lot of gb's.
Don't know what to delete next, list is smaller and smaller.
And in storage it shows that I have 79gb of free space.
PS4.

I see that we have two interesting TTs, can't wait to try them.

I still didn't updated game, it sending me error where it says that I need 33gb of free space...
Every time like this, for update of 1-2gb it's asking to delete lot of gb's.
Don't know what to delete next, list is smaller and smaller.
And in storage it shows that I have 79gb of free space.
PS4.

I see that we have two interesting TTs, can't wait to try them.
Can't add external drive for ps4?

I'm quite miffed that we lost an hour of the Red Bull Ring TT due to server maintenance. I worked extremely hard on this one, running over 600km, but with one day to go, my best time was a 1:30.614. So on the last day, I arrived home at 11pm and believed I had two hours to find those 1.5 tenths. I did a 1:30.516 at 11:58pm and that was it because of the server maintenance. Annoyingly, I lost about 2 tenths compared to my ghost in the last 2 corners, so I could have had a 1:30.3. I'm not sure why PD couldn't have done the server maintenance an hour later.
View attachment 1290706
Sorry you missed out on gold, man. But to be fair, this TT was up for what was it... 50+ days. There was time to do it.

Did a couple runs of the Civic around Tsukuba. Holy deity that car understeers. You just think about applying throttle and it goes in the opposite direction!

Anyway, the oddest thing happened and I want to know if anyone else has experienced it. Was doing them on all three accounts and went something like this:

Account #2 (rented car): 1:02.008. I don't care much about this account and have 50mil in the bank so it's my warm-up account for TTs.

Account #3 (rented car): 1:01.892. Not great, but gold... which is all I am looking for.

Account #1: I bought the car on this account and for the life of me I couldn't get a good lap in for anything. I probably did 15 laps with a best of 1:02.6X. .700" off on a 60 second track is insane. No idea what was going on but I just couldn't get the car to do what I was asking. So, I backed out, used a rented a car and within three laps did a 1:01.750. Same braking points, same gears, same everything but almost a second faster in the rented car. Someone talk me out of the straight jacket here...

Tried the Tsukuba, I just don't understand how to drive the ruined Civic, tomorrow I must watch some replays and guides.

But I'm loving the Nordschleife and how the new Civic drives there, throwing it around, I gave it 5 or 6 laps, got a 7:48 on the second lap and improved a bit after that :)

SHARE_20230928_0826020.jpeg

Now the hard part, finding another 2.2 seconds :)

Did a couple runs of the Civic around Tsukuba. Holy deity that car understeers. You just think about applying throttle and it goes in the opposite direction!

Anyway, the oddest thing happened and I want to know if anyone else has experienced it. Was doing them on all three accounts and went something like this:

Account #2 (rented car): 1:02.008. I don't care much about this account and have 50mil in the bank so it's my warm-up account for TTs.

Account #3 (rented car): 1:01.892. Not great, but gold... which is all I am looking for.

Account #1: I bought the car on this account and for the life of me I couldn't get a good lap in for anything. I probably did 15 laps with a best of 1:02.6X. .700" off on a 60 second track is insane. No idea what was going on but I just couldn't get the car to do what I was asking. So, I backed out, used a rented a car and within three laps did a 1:01.750. Same braking points, same gears, same everything but almost a second faster in the rented car. Someone talk me out of the straight jacket here...
In your head mate.

I did three sessions through the day and ALL of them varied wildly. I think the way the car delivers its power makes it super inconsistent and braking and upshift point make a huge difference over some of the other TTs

Upshifting at the right time is crucial yet so difficult with the way the car puts power down. It's like it doesn't have a diff and if it does it's weak so understeer rather than oversteer.

Did you by any chance install larger/wider rims to the RCR Civic you bought? I did and it caused me not to be able to turn the steering wheel all the way which resulted in significantly slower lap times. Went back to the original rims, and it solved the problem. Was able to do a 1:00.807 after that.

The Nordschleife lap record in the Civic is no joke. You really have to push. I was able to beat it on my 3rd full lap but think about doing that in a real car - no way. Didn't have much time for this one yet but managed to do a 7:43.882 after 5 laps. I'll definitely be spending some time with this one since it's my favorite track and the new Civic drives really nicely.

Last edited:
If you are going to film your time on Nordschliefe, I gladly see your fastest lap.
I probably won’t film anything, I don’t go round quickly.. just for fun 😁 if I put a few corners together nicely I’m happy, it’s such a huge risk to go fast there 🙃

Last time I went I took an Audisteer wagon 🤪

FEBF6EC9-ACA4-4F3A-8FA1-E419565806A8.jpeg

SORRY MODS 😇

TIME TRIAL: Dragon Trail done. A few laps in and I remember how much I dislike this place; almost every corner equals inconsistent death for me especially in the unpredictable meta… but we got a 1:37.xxx and that’ll do. I’ve uploaded the ghost? I think? If anyone wants to chase me (I genuinely don’t know how to do that lol).

IMG_2866.jpeg

IMG_2868.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you by any chance install larger/wider rims to the RCR Civic you bought? I did and it caused me not to be able to turn the steering wheel all the way which resulted in significantly slower lap times. Went back to the original rims, and it solved the probelm. Was able to do a 1:00.807 after that.

The Nordschleife lap record in the Civic is no joke. You really have to push. I was able to beat it on my 3rd full lap but think about doing that in a real car - no way. Didn't have much time for this one yet but managed to do a 7:43.882 after 5 laps. I'll definitely be spending some time with this one since it's my favorite track and the new Civic drives really nicely.
I absolutely did! You may be onto something there, mate. I'll put the OEM size back on next time I am in the game and try it again. Thanks... now I don't feel as nutz-o. :cheers:

The Type-R TT at Nord is surprisingly fun. The car drives pretty darn good for a road car and feels quite accurate to pushing a FWD car IMO (even though I am not much a fan of FWD).

I only completed two laps the first being a very timid, learning lap which put me at like a 7:54. Two seconds out of gold but it was quite the careful trip. Second lap was a 7:50.8 which is quite off of the real record but currently within gold which is what I am really aiming for. I'll probably do some more laps here regardless.

Last edited:
You can tell when you're not good at driving by the timing on the Nord TT...and I'm bad indeed.
But it's just so good and challenging, the right mix...I'm gonna try again and again the next days days, the fact is that doing a clean lap while trying to go full gas is an hell, if I open the throttle 99% of times I put some tires on the grass, it's just a fact...

I wish I can pick a car in circuit experience to practice sectors. Having to wait 6+ minutes to experiment on a corner that im not good at in nords TT is annoying xD guess ill take my certificate and pass for this one. Dont have the energy to push for a top lap. Suzuka wouldve been soo good 😢😢

I wish I can pick a car in circuit experience to practice sectors. Having to wait 6+ minutes to experiment on a corner that im not good at in nords TT is annoying xD guess ill take my certificate and pass for this one. Dont have the energy to push for a top lap. Suzuka wouldve been soo good 😢😢
Sorry to hear that........but........

Screenshot_20230908_123401_WhatsApp.jpg

Last edited:
You can tell when you're not good at driving by the timing on the Nord TT...and I'm bad indeed.
But it's just so good and challenging, the right mix...I'm gonna try again and again the next days days, the fact is that doing a clean lap while trying to go full gas is an hell, if I open the throttle 99% of times I put some tires on the grass, it's just a fact...
That's what I love about the TTs. They're where you can really push yourself to develop your driving skills.

I complained about the server maintenance killing my chances of getting gold at the Red Bull Ring, but it was really the chance to keep improving myself on that car/track combination that mattered.

Tsukuba and a car that exits corners like a dump truck. Ugh. Anyway, I don't plan on putting much time into the TT other than trying for a top 1,000. This one just ain't my thing. Using X for gas kills in the car since it's very hard to use partial throttle, which is the fastest way around with such understeer. When I do give it another go, I'll follow Mistah's, TheKie, and @Blayney's guides. I was shifting down to 1st gear for rotation and powering out roasting my front tires exiting in 2nd. Maybe I'll get less tire screeching and teeth gnashing in 3rd gear?

Tomorrow I'll tackle the Ring. Can't wait! :D:dopey::scared::crazy::sly::mischievous:
IMG_2405.jpg

Did you by any chance install larger/wider rims to the RCR Civic you bought? I did and it caused me not to be able to turn the steering wheel all the way which resulted in significantly slower lap times. Went back to the original rims, and it solved the problem. Was able to do a 1:00.807 after that.

Was about to say this same, also have noticed that if you do any changes, it will slow th car down.
So dont do any engine, weigth, etc mods to a car that you want to use in TTs.

Tsucuba TT, tips and tricks. Well theres a lot of good quides, Kies seems to be close to my driving style. maybe thats why times are close also.

1:00.711 for now. My best OPT was.570 so might go back on this one. :cheers:

Mates are we all sure we're on Sports Hards for the Nurburgring TT?????? Is this is the best grip ever gotten from a Sports Hard tyre ever? Even if I kind of go a little fast into the entry of a corner, I lift off the gas & the grip is so good I can get back on to the racing line without the usage of brakes. It's just so astounding to build confidence in this TT.

Last edited:
Back