Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,919 comments
Happy for you lot that Lake Louise seem to be working for you. In contrast I’m an absolute joke here and really, really dislike this. Already thought winter is the most depressing season of the year, too cold for me and now evidently I’m an utterly incapable driver on snow.

Gave Daytona another try and finally managed a solid lap without messing it up at the bus stop. Happened too many times. And on slower laps I would absolutely nail the bus stop, of course. This was good from start to finish, and even the bus stop was my best ever. 1:44.691.

Screenshot_2023-11-22-00-22-27-04_fff335ca613a5f557fcea787596aedca.jpg

Last edited:
Happy for you lot that Lake Louise seem to be working for you. In contrast I’m an absolute joke here and really, really dislike this. Already thought winter is the most depressing season of the year, too cold for me and now evidently I’m an utterly incapable driver on snow.
Join the club. I'm barely hanging on to gold (though I haven't logged on yet today and could be out of it for all I know). Also, there are several in this thread that have apparently completed their transformation to full-on alien. Or they were already alien casually hiding in plain sight until they decided they had had enough and wanted the top of the leaderboards. :lol:

Last edited:
Join the club. I'm barely hanging on to gold (though I haven't logged on yet today and could be out of it for all I know). Also, there are several in this thread that have apparently completed their transformation to full-on alien. Or they were already alien casually hiding in plain sight until they decided they had had enough and wanted the top of the leaderboards. :lol:
Screenshot_20231121_212227_WhatsApp.jpg

There is this Kuwait guy who had been putting down Alien time in this and the last few TTs.

Last edited:
Best is a 1:46.089, and I know that a 1:45 is in the cards.

I feel like this TT is my best chance yet to finish in the top 1,000, so I hope I can find the time to grind some more.
Yay, down to 1:45.877 🥳 Thats P 922 atm, but if I do the math, it likely won't hold. Immediately after my fastest lap I had one that was a tenth faster, but I missed the exit from the bus stop by ca. 3 mm :mad:

I guess I'll have another go on the weekend. Sooo addictive, this one. :D

Quick morning session to try to prevent my walk of shame 🤣🤣
Somany .7xx and .800 before the busstop, but man I am so bad at the busstop it's not even funny, 300km today .... but finally.... 44's...... yeaaaah baby 🤣🤣
Place 49 at the time of driving 😁😁

🥳🥳🥳🥳

View attachment 1305438

Fantastic Lap! As you said, there are a few tenths out there for the taking.
This is making me curious, is this a record for GTP members being in the top 100? Still a long way to go, but i'm sure that I saw many familiar names in the first page of the leaderboard.
Calls for investigative work by the amazing @half_sourly 🧐

Fantastic Lap! As you said, there are a few tenths out there for the taking.
This is making me curious, is this a record for GTP members being in the top 100? Still a long way to go, but i'm sure that I saw many familiar names in the first page of the leaderboard.
Calls for investigative work by the amazing @half_sourly 🧐
There are currently eight drivers who are on our leader boards, in the top 100; not quite a record yet, but might be at the end, as drivers with previous top 100s like @Barareklam and @NAXEHT and @JHop and @GlockPants have not posted times there yet.

gtp Drivers in Top 100Number of TTs
0​
2​
1​
18​
2​
9​
3​
11​
4​
5​
5​
4​
6​
1​
7​
2​
8​
3​
TT32
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit​
Genesis G70 3.3T AWD Prestige Package '22​
TT34
Broad Bean Raceway Reverse​
Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera​
TT49
Circuit de Sainte-Croix - B​
Lamborghini Lambo V12 VGT​

In the meantime I'm up to TT8 (MP4/4 at Suzuka :crazy:) on the results thread. I've also had a first go at a community scoreboard based on average finishing position on our TT leader boards.

There are currently eight drivers who are on our leader boards, in the top 100; not quite a record yet, but might be at the end, as drivers with previous top 100s like @Barareklam and @NAXEHT and @JHop and @GlockPants have not posted times there yet.

0​
2​
1​
18​
2​
9​
3​
11​
4​
5​
5​
4​
6​
1​
7​
2​
8​
3​
TT32
TT34
TT49

In the meantime I'm up to TT8 (MP4/4 at Suzuka :crazy:) on the results thread. I've also had a first go at a community scoreboard based on average finishing position on our TT leader boards.
Fantastic !
Surely this one will break it !
Thanks again for your outstanding work @half_sourly ! It gives us a much needed competitive aspect in the weekly TTs.

0​
2​
1​
18​
2​
9​
3​
11​
4​
5​
5​
4​
6​
1​
7​
2​
8​
3​
TT32
TT34
TT49

Maybe even @Dan_Tes ?

Thanks for all the work you do. So if I got it right, community scoreboard will contain first 14 for year 2022, and then it will be one more for year 2023?

Last edited:
Maybe even @Dan_Tes ?

Thanks for all the work you do. So if I got it right, community scoreboard will contain first 14 for year 2022, and then it will be one more for year 2023?
Something like that. I'll aim for all-time and calendar year scoreboards, as well as separating out the 'special' TTs. As always, let me know if there if you have suggestions for what you'd like to see.

Something like that. I'll aim for all-time and calendar year scoreboards, as well as separating out the 'special' TTs. As always, let me know if there if you have suggestions for what you'd like to see.
Mate, you are already doing so much! I do not have more suggestions and even if I did I would think twice before I ask you to do something more.

As always, let me know if there if you have suggestions for what you'd like to see.
Obligatory disclaimer: you're doing an astonishing amount of work, so obviously this is just a suggestion, but since you asked: I think what would be interesting is some kind of visualisation of the data you already report in the "0.1 second increments" chart, maybe with markers for the 1%, 3%, gold etc. times. That way we could gauge how lonely / cramped it is at the top for a given TT, and I am pretty sure you would also see spikes just below the gold time from people scrambling to get the shiny medal.

Edit: on second thought, it's actually the same thing as the "distribution of rewards" graph, just with a higher resolution and focus on the top performers ... so not sure if it's really worth it.

Last edited:
How about separate scoreboards for road cars and race cars in addition to the full one?
That's doable. 👍

Obligatory disclaimer: you're doing an astonishing amount of work, so obviously this is just a suggestion, but since you asked: I think what would be interesting is some kind of visualisation of the data you already report in the "0.1 second increments" chart, maybe with markers for the 1%, 3%, gold etc. times. That way we could gauge how lonely / cramped it is at the top for a given TT, and I am pretty sure you would also see spikes just below the gold time from people scrambling to get the shiny medal.

Edit: on second thought, it's actually the same thing as the "distribution of rewards" graph, just with a higher resolution and focus on the top performers ... so not sure if it's really worth it.
The increments data is also interim only, but I should be able to add in those markers in the way I do on the leaderboard. That way people can see not only how many places they would move up with a certain time improvement, but also what medal that might lead to, albeit it will be a moving target at that interim point.

Well, after a TT has finished, the semantics shift from "how many places can you move up within 0.1 s" to "how many people finished within a certain 0.1 s slice", but it's the same data, right?
True. As you say the distribution graph does that on a smoothed basis, but I could fairly easily create a table with those increments at the end of a TT, with the markers. Is that what you had in mind? For some TTs it will be a fairly long table, but certainly doable.

True. As you say the distribution graph does that on a smoothed basis, but I could fairly easily create a table with those increments at the end of a TT, with the markers. Is that what you had in mind? For some TTs it will be a fairly long table, but certainly doable.
So in your increment report you seem to focus on the top 5 seconds (50 slices). My idea would be to take this exact data set at the end of a TT, or maybe extend it to 10 seconds if feasible, and plot it in a graph similar to the reward distribution. Times on the x axis, amount of people on the y axis. And, if possible, some indicators on the x axis for certain "points of interest" (1%, 3%, gold etc.). Am i making any sense?

So in your increment report you seem to focus on the top 5 seconds (50 slices). My idea would be to take this exact data set at the end of a TT, or maybe extend it to 10 seconds if feasible, and plot it in a graph similar to the reward distribution. Times on the x axis, amount of people on the y axis. And, if possible, some indicators on the x axis for certain "points of interest" (1%, 3%, gold etc.). Am i making any sense?
You are. I'll see what I can do.

It's absolutely insane how many fast drivers we got from here, ease up mates, i want a green arrow on closure of this TT :lol: :lol:
I haved to beat place 72 :lol::lol:
The key is to sandbag yourself early, stop when you beat your previous record, then act surprised when all of a sudden you're posting alien inspired lap times.

That's not at all what I'm doing, I swear I'm just lucky! :lol:

The key is to sandbag yourself early, stop when you beat your previous record, then act surprised when all of a sudden you're posting alien inspired lap times.

That's not at all what I'm doing, I swear I'm just lucky! :lol:
Except it doesn't work like that (for me) 😖 I don't know about you guys, but if I don't put in some decent amount of laps everyday, I will simply just forget how to drive the TT and have to start the learning process all over again 🫠

Last edited:
Back