Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,919 comments
Happy for you lot that Lake Louise seem to be working for you. In contrast I’m an absolute joke here and really, really dislike this. Already thought winter is the most depressing season of the year, too cold for me and now evidently I’m an utterly incapable driver on snow.
I thought all Swedes were born with a rally car in their mouth and the ability to tail slide around in the snow. Or is that only the Fins?

Last edited:
I have to put in the work every day too, worked my ass of to get to this time, but my problem lies in the 2 weeks, for most TT's i have only motivation to go all in for one week, then when the new one is there, i'll stick to that one ( only if i think it sucks i'll return ) but most of the time it's one week blasting a LOT of laps trying to follow you guys and then i'm fed up with it :lol:

This week we finally have a nice one with the GT3, but i only have till thuesday, then i'm away for the week :banghead: :lol::lol:
need some off-work and off game time sometimes, forrest, lake, wife, no kids..... yabadabadoo :lol:

What on earth is going on? I was dead certain sub 1:46 would not be needed...somehow the new WR holder is much faster than the one in second.

I'm with you on that. Did we just witness the first cheating in Time Trials?
suspicious, but where in the hell could you cheat on there?, we allready knew the bollards give only invalidation on hitting, fastest times did already go thru them after the chicane, so it would be interesting to see, 1:42.840 is kind of insane from P2 1:43.254...

bad thing...... we will never know :lol:

😮
1700666745248.png

So "silver is the new gold" turned out to be quite prophetic.

L Shooter is rapid, he's been sniping time trial WR's at the end of their run since at least GT5. Not unusual for him to do this.
I had a laugh with Doodle ages ago talking about him because apparently he used to run his laps disconnected from the internet until he got WR, and then connect about 5 minutes before it ended so he'd snipe the WR without anyone knowing he was even doing laps lol.

You can cancel your replay upload by cancelling as soon as you cross the line as well, you see it a lot in the GTWS seasons. I don't think it should be possible to do it, but it is. Not cheating, just a very very fast and cheeky fella.

Last edited:
Getting through those pylons is easier than you think... the line there is definitely made to be taken. The car doesn't spin at all if you nail it and headed up that hill on the far right gains a lot of time. Less loose snow and bumps.

L Shooter is rapid, he's been sniping time trial WR's at the end of their run since at least GT5. Not unusual for him to do this.
I had a laugh with Doodle ages ago talking about him because apparently he used to run his laps disconnected from the internet until he got WR, and then connect about 5 minutes before it ended so he'd snipe the WR without anyone knowing he was even doing laps lol.

You can cancel your replay upload by cancelling as soon as you cross the line as well, you see it a lot in the GTWS seasons. I don't think it should be possible to do it, but it is. Not cheating, just a very very fast and cheeky fella.
I see now that indeed it is L-shooter..., makes it absolutely more plausible, mega fast always and indeed feared a lot by WR holders :lol: :lol:

Except it doesn't work like that (for me) 😖 I don't know about you guys, but if I don't put in some decent amount of laps everyday, I will simply just forget how to drive the TT and have to start the learning process all over again 🫠
I'm the same. I can't skip a day, say, to work on the Daytona TT if I want to make progress at Lake Louise. And the 3 or 4 weeks I missed while my rig was non operational threw off my progress. I'm feeling pretty well dialed now, but I've been putting in some work.

Not near the level some people are that can set a top 100 time on their first stint.

I felt a great disturbance in the force. As if thousands of gold laps were snuffed.
I wonder what that was all about 🤔

@half_sourly @Boabdulrahman

Oh great, no pressure then for us who haven't yet had a go at daytona :scared:
I'll try my darndest to set a proper lap in the weekend, but this week time is very limited, and trying to learn how to not yeet a car down a cliff in WRC isn't helping.

Absolutely wild laps at Daytona and LL from everyone! Well done!
Im jealous :bowdown:
:gtpflag:

Shenanigans!!

Well all I can say is, I feel a trifle smug about not bothering to put a time in for Lake Louise :lol:

Even Daytona feels like a bit of a grind, turn 1 never gets any more fun does it even with a car as stable as the new GT3 RS. Come on PD big update for braking/weight transfer physics improvements PWEASE!!

(Daytona is kinda fun). I am using all assists off but did I notice a cheeky dutch fella using Countersteering assist (weak or strong my brother @Gomario JSP :odd::D)

I'm back until Saturday to try and regain my alien status as there are some FAST times being put in by you masochists! I'm looking at you, @Gomario JSP, @GlockPants, @Evilmuffin and @Boabdulrahman :bowdown:

20231122_200847~01.jpg

I'm sure I had some tenths in me, and there they are after 160kms. That's it, i'm done. Although this is my best position by a long shot, the final Finnish boss of the game is still not defeated. Looking at you @djolliea 😒

You had a 1:07.637 after 3 sectors in your best lap. Whereas my best lap was a 1:07.4XX. But we know what happens in the bus stop. Anyway, I was close @djolliea

ZkGB1UyOIvYtDkBWYk.gif

Back to normal times in the next TTs!

Last edited:
View attachment 1305529

I'm sure I had some tenths in me, and there they are after 160kms. That's it, i'm done. Although this is my best position by a long shot, the final Finnish boss of the game is still not defeated. Looking at you @djolliea 😒

You had a 1:07.637 after 3 sectors in your best lap. Whereas my best lap was a 1:07.4XX. But we know what happens in the bus stop. Anyway, I was close @djolliea

View attachment 1305531

You win 🤣

View attachment 1305529

View attachment 1305531

👽

Gave another go at Daytona with the Porsche. Was not far from bronze with my initial 2 lap test from a few days ago.

Did 6 laps, 5 of which where invalidated... mostly because I was braking far too late when going into the infield. The 6th and last was the fastest and put me firmly into bronze territory with a very low 1:51, not far from silver. Maybe I'll try again.

Gave another go at Lake Louise, I am just awful with this combo, 3s below bronze.

Back