Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,919 comments
Flinging some 💩 at @Gomario JSP 🤪

View attachment 1304867
Made it to the first page of the leaderboard!

Now this........ this deserves a real Poo 💩 :lol::lol:
Started up this morning, looked at the leaderboard....... ooh come oonnn!!!...... :lol:
not even like a few thousands but straight to .1xx.....

i tried so hard this morning, but your crown still remains :lol:
Did find some time to sharpen my PB so happy with that ...

18beba134ea26-screenshotUrl.jpg

But....., there is a but..... a big but! :lol:
Satisfied??..... hell naahh..., tried for an hour, and we all yell... that one lap!, where i threw it all away....
yeah.... i'm one of those idiots.
Following Kaj de Bruin here at 0.4 ghost ahead, lap felt pretty good and when i saw the sector time when i came on the banking i got a little nerveouse, then hitting something 1/10 called the busstop doesn't help..

I fully stuffed it up, maby..... maby this could be in the 44's??

I will keep trying mate, but it's going to be hard to match your lap!, congrats with that top 100! :bowdown:

@Dolph Drago this is like always the case, we have to put in early efford so we look great here, then the first week you feed us with the idea that you can't get the grip for the trial, then at half time i open my phone, check GTPlanet and see "Dolp Drage mentioned you in a post" ...., and there it is..... "i don't know where this came from, but.... 44's here we are...." :lol:

I have no doubt that you will completely destroy us, The muffinman and me are allready preparing ourself for the walk of shame...:lol:

Started up this morning, looked at the leaderboard....... ooh come oonnn!!!...... :lol:

View attachment 1304947

Satisfied??..... hell naahh..., tried for an hour, and we all yell... that one lap!, where i threw it all away....
Following Kaj de Bruin here at 0.4 ghost ahead, lap felt pretty good and when i saw the sector time when i came on the banking i got a little nerveouse, then hitting something 1/10 called the busstop doesn't help..

I will keep trying mate, but it's going to be hard to match your lap!, congrats with that top 100! :bowdown:

@Dolph Drago this is like always the case, we have to put in early efford so we look great here, then the first week you feed us with the idea that you can't get the grip for the trial, then at half time i open my phone, check GTPlanet and see "Dolp Drage mentioned you in a post" ...., and there it is..... "i don't know where this came from, but.... 44's here we are...." :lol:

I have no doubt that you will completely destroy us, The muffinman and me are allready preparing ourself for the walk of shame...:lol:

Offff that's tough to take. Unfortunately, this is what happens when you have the trickiest turn at the end. This is why you have to be consistent in getting a 1:07.7xx at least in the first 3 sectors in order to play the bus stop roulette as many times until you get that optimal lap. Good luck!

I should probably attempt the two current TT's. Been busy with life and trying out the latest money-maker glitch the last few days to rake up some credits. Haven't even attempted either of them! 🤦‍♂️

Not that I don't like snow TT, but I feel it a bit too artificial, while this new one in Daytona in combo with the Porsche is much more intriguing to me.

So far I sit at 1.49.038 PB, 1.48.542 Ideal, with only 52Km under the belt

To make it thourgh Turn 1 I start braking very gently just after Orlando suburbs. When I'm close enough to the turn I exit the car, push it through the corner, re-enter and restart. I think I have some improvement room here :dunce:

Turn 2 is also difficult, I haven't yet a feeling of where/when to aim to open the gas.

Question: where do you release the DRS button? is it at the exact brake moment or fraction of seconds before?

Ran some laps last night up north. I found the line through the pylons at the high bank left just before the final sector. If done right it seems like about a half second can be had there. I have absolutely destroyed all the sectors individually but I have yet to throw down a solid one connecting it all together and couldn't improve my time. I hope to have one or two more good sessions before it's over. By far this is the most fun I've had in a time trial yet.

zjn
Not that I don't like snow TT, but I feel it a bit too artificial, while this new one in Daytona in combo with the Porsche is much more intriguing to me.

So far I sit at 1.49.038 PB, 1.48.542 Ideal, with only 52Km under the belt

To make it thourgh Turn 1 I start braking very gently just after Orlando suburbs. When I'm close enough to the turn I exit the car, push it through the corner, re-enter and restart. I think I have some improvement room here :dunce:

Turn 2 is also difficult, I haven't yet a feeling of where/when to aim to open the gas.

Question: where do you release the DRS button? is it at the exact brake moment or fraction of seconds before?
You must never release DRS, even if your thumb is cramping and you have no control. Never release!

I just can't get that super good lap together at Lake Louise. This lap wasn't bad, just didn't have any sector as my PB so again, could have been better. At the very least a 44. But I think I'm running out of steam to keep swinging at this. The Porsche TT somehow doesn't speak to me, but I have to start investing time in that one now.

I just can't get that super good lap together at Lake Louise. This lap wasn't bad, just didn't have any sector as my PB so again, could have been better. At the very least a 44. But I think I'm running out of steam to keep swinging at this. The Porsche TT somehow doesn't speak to me, but I have to start investing time in that one now.

Beautifully done.

In case you missed the earlier note, I am in the process of slowly but surely putting all the historical TT results in a new thread, where you can link directly to a specific TT. I'm redoing them all using the current format of tables and graphs, as well as using the current list of GTP drivers. So if you joined later, you can go back and see how you did on the old TTs against the GTP group.

Last edited:
In case you missed the earlier note, I am in the process of slowly but surely putting all the historical TT results in a new thread, where you can link directly to a specific TT. I'm redoing them all using the current format of tables and graphs, as well as using the current list of GTP drivers. So if you joined later, you can go back and see how you did on the old TTs against the GTP group.
Pure gold to see, and what a shame i didn't compete serious from the beginning, ( but i heard that before )

Thanks again for your efford mate!

Today again gave a go to the TT at Daytona. I was able to shave off about 7 tenths. I was astounded on seeing my ranking though. I know I'm not that good, just average. Being modest. Have many users not tried this TT yet or my ranking that high is not a fluke?

In my friends list of 27 users, I'm very much in the middle which is satisfactory.

20231120_171843.jpg

20231120_171831.jpg

That's huge and usefull.

That thread should be cleaned of any posts from other users though.

Courage to do all the other TTs 💪

View attachment 1304947

Ooh....I feel your pain. Here is what happened to me this morning (ghost was current #1 at 0.4 ahead)

That would sure be a 1:44s......I hate that chicane 🫠

Last edited:
Ooh....I feel your pain. Here is what happened to me this morning (ghost was current #1 at 0.4 ahead)

That would sure be a 1:44s......I hate that chicane 🫠

1:07. 671..... that's quick!, i was at 1:07.712 :lol: :lol: .. pure pain...pure pain
It's the most difficult chicane of the whole game if you ask me, i'll thake the CoD over this one every time :lol::lol::lol:
Still this competition is fire man, i love the "thousands" hunting on this forum :lol::lol:

You guys are so damn fast, if you look away one day you can scroll down to look for you own name again :lol::bowdown:

1:07. 671..... that's quick!, i was at 1:07.712 :lol: :lol: .. pure pain...pure pain
It's the most difficult chicane of the whole game if you ask me, i'll thake the CoD over this one every time :lol::lol::lol:
Still this competition is fire man, i love the "thousands" hunting on this forum :lol::lol:

You guys are so damn fast, if you look away one day you can scroll down to look for you own name again :lol::bowdown:
There are a few places I need to improve. i'm still off by a good 4/10ths in sector 1 compare to #1...that's nearly 1/2 of the difference already. Need to take it down to 2/10ths if possible. The exit that leads back to the banking...I'm losing a 10th or 2 there like 60% of the time. And of cause...the stupid chicane. 44s is definitely possible, but the stars need to line up pretty nicely 🙃

The Porsche drives really fantastic in this TT, if only I wasn't too lazy to use DRS, then I would certainly be able to go faster, but since I had already achieved gold in my 2nd lap with a sufficient lead over silver, I'm missing out some motivation to drive further.

But as I said, the Porsche drives excellently with enormous grip, that's also the key for most people who are still having problems... trust the car more than you think, it can drive through the corners faster than expected AND you can very much accelerate early.
Yeah, I tried for maybe like 30 minutes and I'm done. Got my easy 2 million.

You can brake extremely late in this car.

I was starting to not feel it at Lake Louise lately. The last two days saw no progress, so I decided I'd do the Circuit Experience and the License tests there. Then I'd do a stint on the TT and give it up if I saw no progress again.

After all that other stuff was done, it was time to see what I could put down. I was feeling pretty comfortable with the Yaris today and managed a pretty decent time 3 laps in. I didn't realize it was a new PB. Quit out and forgot to screenshot my sector times. Optimals were in the upper 1:44's with a best S1 time of 31.9xx.

It wasn't huge progress, but 2 tenths faster moved me up almost 200 places. But since I managed to get a new PB, I guess I'll keep running and see what I can really do.

18bee4776633-screenshotUrl.jpg

The lap was decent enough to record it, so enjoy!

I'm getting more consistent with the Yeet required for T1, but almost any time I nail it, it seems like I get a poor exit out of T3 to the end of the sector.

I was starting to not feel it at Lake Louise lately. The last two days saw no progress, so I decided I'd do the Circuit Experience and the License tests there. Then I'd do a stint on the TT and give it up if I saw no progress again.

After all that other stuff was done, it was time to see what I could put down. I was feeling pretty comfortable with the Yaris today and managed a pretty decent time 3 laps in. I didn't realize it was a new PB. Quit out and forgot to screenshot my sector times. Optimals were in the upper 1:44's with a best S1 time of 31.9xx.

It wasn't huge progress, but 2 tenths faster moved me up almost 200 places. But since I managed to get a new PB, I guess I'll keep running and see what I can really do.

View attachment 1305129

The lap was decent enough to record it, so enjoy!

I'm getting more consistent with the Yeet required for T1, but almost any time I nail it, it seems like I get a poor exit out of T3 to the end of the sector.

P350 is very good.

If I may comment, your first sector was 32:383 so it looks like you can improve first sector at least half a second, maybe even more. Now I don't use follow cam but what I think I see is you are throwing car a bit too much in corners and lose speed there.
(I don't know if you were asking for opinions and advices, if not, I apologize.)

P350 is very good.

If I may comment, your first sector was 32:383 so it looks like you can improve first sector at least half a second, maybe even more. Now I don't use follow cam but what I think I see is you are throwing car a bit too much in corners and lose speed there.
(I don't know if you were asking for opinions and advices, if not, I apologize.)
Any tips are welcome. Thanks for the input!

Any tips are welcome. Thanks for the input!
You do the yeet in corner 1 better than I do but corner 2 I have found it's faster shifting to 5th to stabilize just before the rough patch near the bank you nearly graze and then brake a little turn in and down to 4th to make the next left into that full throttle section. If you do it right the car just hooks and rips. Be careful. You will need more brake at the next braking point if you nail it. I also shift to 5th just before the yellow barrels on the right before the big right. Again for stabilization. It helps me aim for the hard right.

There are so many different fast ways through here though and everyone seems to do it just a little differently so it may not work but from your replay you seem to have the car control pretty well managed. Better than I in certain spots for sure 🍻🍻

Back