Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,569 comments
Nice to have a fun TT after that Porsche at Daytona. This one, I can just get lost in cruising lap after lap at 95% and enjoying the combo. Had a serious try twice and this is where I'm at. Really nice 2nd sector, but the 3rd was a bit meh. Could have been a 1:20.7 sharp.

18c25481a3221-screenshotUrl.jpg

18c25483a0449-screenshotUrl.jpg

The method I use to determine drivers with all gold is to take those who had gold in TT1, then in TT2, select all who got gold in TT2, see which of them also had gold in TT1 and that is the post-TT2 all gold number. Same process for each consecutive TT. But for the last 4 or 5 (judging by the revised numbers) instead of using only the gold population of the latest TT, I used the full population, so overstating the all gold number.

Below is the revised table - 24 drivers lost their all gold streak at Lake Louise, so you are not alone @watto79

View attachment 1306014
@watto79 I have just redone the last of the 'old' TTs on the new forum thread, but this time separating out the 'standard' TTs from the special ones, such as Olympic and movie promotion. That led to revised all gold stats for those standard TTs, with the drop after Lake Louise being from 153 to 110, so 43 people lost their standard TT gold streaks on the 52nd standard TT.

Is this Alpine TT the easiest Gold ever? I got well under the target time with my first valid lap! Having said that, very fine margins between a stellar lap and an average one, I have managed a 1.21.4 but it was quite scruffy, if I actually remember to invest some time in it I think I can go sub 20.

Is this Alpine TT the easiest Gold ever? I got well under the target time with my first valid lap! Having said that, very fine margins between a stellar lap and an average one, I have managed a 1.21.4 but it was quite scruffy, if I actually remember to invest some time in it I think I can go sub 20.
Sardegna in Gr.4 will take some beating, but this will be top 5 easiest. Courtesy of @crome 's magic plug-in, here are the current stats.

1701437731166.png

zjn
Hey @TheNormsk, I lost a bit track of what you are doing in the dailies because I don't have really time to partecipate in, but looking at what you are showing in this topic you are doing really great!!!

I always see you in the high floors of my friend leaderboard, in that part of the table where I feel I can reach... I can rea.... crap...next time maybe....

Good stuff mate
Thank you. I appear to be decent enough to grind out laps in a dogged determination. Not so great when it comes to competitive racing though! :lol:

Keep at it! Once upon a time getting gold was just a dream. Sometimes it still is, depends on the track. This is a good combo and is very subjective to the particular lap. You may not be thinking you are doing well and then suddenly you'll get the perfect flow around the bus stop, or find that perfect slide (yes slide) around the last two corners and your time will tumble.

Truthfully though, my biggest gains came with upgrading my wheel/pedals earlier in the year. That was a game changer for my performance. Now, later this month I'll have a beefy 80/20 rig to improve my feel more so. Hoping to get more top 2% stops in the future rather than scraping into the top 3% as I often do.

Thank you. I appear to be decent enough to grind out laps in a dogged determination. Not so great when it comes to competitive racing though! :lol:

Keep at it! Once upon a time getting gold was just a dream. Sometimes it still is, depends on the track. This is a good combo and is very subjective to the particular lap. You may not be thinking you are doing well and then suddenly you'll get the perfect flow around the bus stop, or find that perfect slide (yes slide) around the last two corners and your time will tumble.

Truthfully though, my biggest gains came with upgrading my wheel/pedals earlier in the year. That was a game changer for my performance. Now, later this month I'll have a beefy 80/20 rig to improve my feel more so. Hoping to get more top 2% stops in the future rather than scraping into the top 3% as I often do.
A new wheel will help as well. Marked improvement for me when I got my pedals and braking figured out, but honestly the better wheel has given me more time more quickly.

Last edited:
You also went from G29 to Fanatec GT DD Pro, right? I am on the fence about that as a Christmas present for myself, and could use some impressions.

Truthfully though (TM), I am already over the fence and just need someone to reassure me that it's not a total waste of money :D

Not to take this thread off the topic, but I really feel the better equipment will definitely help you with better times. I switch to load cell pedals and I also got the TG- ll my times have dropped drastically. I can pretty much always get gold in the TT. I can brake better and feel what the car is doing.. thus making me a better driver.

The results for TT53 at Daytona are now on the results thread. I have also updated the community scoreboard taking advice on removing all the individual TT data, and adding a few items. Let me know what you think.

There is a full index of TTs in the opening post of that thread.
I have added a column to the community scoreboard for number of top 100 placings in TTs. At first I got it wrong as @ERAZER (51) and @djolliea (27)data seemed high, but no, they are that good. :cheers:

Wow, I just took nearly one second off my effort at Willows by turning the FFB and sensitivity on the wheel down from 5/5 to 4/4---- will try 3/3 tomorrow!
I was messing with settings a few weeks ago and then went back to what I was using for a long time now which is 2/5 on rs t300

I have added a column to the community scoreboard for number of top 100 placings in TTs. At first I got it wrong as @ERAZER (51) and @djolliea (27)data seemed high, but no, they are that good. :cheers:
And finally, here are some interim results for Big Willow. I'll keep the interim stuff on this thread and leave the results thread for final results.

Interim Results for TT54 at Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow in Gr.3 cars.

1701447549860.png
TT-comparison.jpg

LB-final.jpg
Cars.jpg
TT-interim gaps.jpg

You also went from G29 to Fanatec GT DD Pro, right? I am on the fence about that as a Christmas present for myself, and could use some impressions.

Truthfully though (TM), I am already over the fence and just need someone to reassure me that it's not a total waste of money :D
It's so worth it. If you drive any number of hours per week, you will only enjoy it more.

Yes, got the GT DD Pro but more so, I got the CSL Elite V2 pedals over the ones that come with the GT DD Pro. I think the pedals and the fantastic brake feel (once you tune it and learn it) is probably more that 60% of the improvement. The wheel 40%. the wheel feels great now that it took me 3 months to tune it to feel like how I would expect a normal car to feel. Totally natural and not over boosted feedback force, but not light either.

Last edited:
@crome - if you're on the fence about the expense, this is what I used to upgrade my G29 brake https://www.axc-sim.com/product/brake-pedal-mod-for-logitech-g29-g920-g27-g25-pedals/
While I had the pedals apart, I also upgraded the throttle potentiometer https://www.axc-sim.com/product/potentiometer-kit-for-logitech-g-series-pedals/

Throttle pedal is smoother and subjectively maybe a little more responsive, but tbh the pot is a failure area so upgraded just because. The brake on the other hand was revolutionary for trail braking.

@half_sourly

Thank you for these interim statistics. Really makes me wonder if continuing with the Mustang is worth the effort. This one is supposed to be a throw away for me and my best time yesterday is nearly 3 seconds faster than the average.

Makes me wonder who has the fastest Mustang time though. But if it's not good enough for Gold, I really should move onto something else. I suspect there are a greater number of times skewing the time to the slower end than the faster.

If I'm trying to use an American car only, I should switch to the Corvette or the new Ford GT.

Makes me wonder who has the fastest Mustang time though. But if it's not good enough for Gold, I really should move onto something else.

If I'm trying to use an American car only, I should switch to the Corvette or the new Ford GT.
Well, I tried the new Ford GT, and it is good enough for gold, but only so-so. I quickly tried the Corvette today and it's much faster, in fact, one of the fastest I've driven so far. But yeah, the Mustang is a lost cause, I don't think it can reach gold.

Last edited:
The results for TT53 at Daytona are now on the results thread. I have also updated the community scoreboard taking advice on removing all the individual TT data, and adding a few items. Let me know what you think.
There is something wrong with the "Top TT placing" column in that table (community scoreboard). Only checked a few entries (including mine) and they're different from the "Best" column in Daytona results. "Avg. TT placing" match ok.

Last edited:
@TumeK5 @Carlos Fandango

Thank you both for your input. I switched to the Corvette and am only slightly out of the Gold range on my first day using this car.

I did a slightly longer stint than I was planning. Mostly on account as I was getting pretty comfortable with the car and setting decent Sector 1 and 2 times. S3 was ok, but I've been inconsistent on the final turn.

18c271b6e0a94-screenshotUrl.jpg
18c271b7fff50-screenshotUrl.jpg

Edit: uploaded the wrong images ...

My optimal lap is in the Gold range, so I think I can pull out a decent lap eventually. I may have to switch to the BRZ if I can't work it out.

Last edited:
Yay...my PS4 has decided it will not connect to PSN. It had been acting up somewhat lately where I would have to restart the console a time or two every once in a while. I'm getting nothing today. Multiple restarts, unplugging the power, etc. Still nada. My computer and phone are connected fine to the internet. Unfortunately, I don't have a spare ethernet cable laying around to try to directly connect it, so I don't know if it's an issue with the WiFi with my PS4 or what. :indiff:

Any thoughts beyond that?

Back