Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,570 comments
I may be dumb. What are all things and car things here?
Sorry, my fault, I turned of some HUD things indeed, you can choose what you want to see during lapping, I chose only car info, so no laptime, invalidation and sector times visible, only the car related stuff, sometimes it helps me not get distracted when I'm under my sector time and on for a fastest lap, so my chance of stuffing it up on the last corner becomes less šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

This morning session brings good news, I improved twice, and now is my pb 1:18.300!

Here is the lap:

I looked lap of @Hiropairippu and taking first chicane in fifth, which is not easy to handle.
He has 42.1 split time, while my best is 43.3

Thanks for the mention

I'll have a look at your lap and see where you can improve further

As you say, new 0.3s improvement here!
1:18.039, almost broke into 17s...

Don't look for the normal racing line. Take the shortest route. Also, last corner, take a wide entry, full throttle, and drop to 5th about 1/2 way through turn

You'll fly out of the apex. Make sure you hit the apex.

Wait... Are you on motion sensor steering too?
IMG_20231210_115346.jpg

My settings are all set to 10 at the moment

But I have a picture from a while back when I had them set at 10-8-10

As you say, new 0.3s improvement here!
1:18.039, almost broke into 17s...

Tidy lap. The second chicane is good.

A few small things to work on and youā€™ll easily be gold.

Turn 1: Youā€™re holding the brakes too long. Trail brake earlier and get in tight to the kerb. You can carry a lot more speed through there.

Turn 2: Donā€™t brake. Partially lift as you turn in and then hit the throttle again as soon as youā€™re over the kerb.

Turn 4: Get tighter in to the inside of the hairpin and coast around. Throttle on as soon as youā€™re pointing at the tree on the outside.

Stay to the left as you approach the esses.

Final turn, start from wide, turn in at the end of the left ker, use more steering angle and lift less. Youā€™ve got a lot more speed to work with there.

I think any one of those gets you into the 17s. All of them and youā€™re low 17s maybe 16s.

Last edited:
View attachment 1310560
My settings are all set to 10 at the moment

But I have a picture from a while back when I had them set at 10-8-10
The force feedback should only work on wheels, you noticed a difference in handling tho on controller, i tested it back then but couldn't notice any difference between 1 or 10.
But I haven't tried motionsteering, maby you feel sort of a feedback there? @Barareklam ?

Then again, I might spend 365 miles on a Saturday afternoon trying to get a slightly more decent time. I got there, but truly hated this combination, despite the car probably being great.

View attachment 1310337

As my creative juices run thin and I wanted to express my feelings about this TT, I asked my friend William* to help out. Here is his effort.

Alas, the wretched Kyoto Driving Park, a bane,
In Bugatti VGT, a trial so cruel,
Its twists and turns, my spirit it did drain,
My lap time, a mockery, I played the fool.

The VGT, a beast I could not tame,
Its power and speed, a challenge too great,
In Gran Turismo 7, a cruel game,
At Kyoto's track, I met my woeful fate.

The clock, a relentless, unforgiving foe,
Each turn, a reminder of time misspent,
My hatred for this trial, it continues to grow,
A sonnet of woe, for hours I've lamented.

Oh, Kyoto Driving Park, a place of despair,
In Bugatti VGT, I found no solace there.

* Sonnet not by the real William Shakespeare, but an AI impersonator
Although I was quite happy with 1:16.737, if not the experience, I couldn't resist having another go this morning. Now I'm done. I think.

Sorry, my fault, I turned of some HUD things indeed, you can choose what you want to see during lapping, I chose only car info, so no laptime, invalidation and sector times visible, only the car related stuff, sometimes it helps me not get distracted when I'm under my sector time and on for a fastest lap, so my chance of stuffing it up on the last corner becomes less šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
I certainly gotta try this. Definitely had my heart racing before when realizing that I'm on record pace from watching my sector times.

I alsp have to admit that I sometimes use my speed dial as a reference point to judge when to ease off the brakes rather than going by feel. I might try and turn off everything too at some point to try and get rid of this bad habit.

Itā€™s Christmas early or rather itā€™s my little birthday present for my 50th birthday tomorrow !!! I feel like I'm 30 years younger !!!! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
View attachment 1310613
Oh man, you are not going to regret this, that dualsense takes a moment to get used to, but man ......its fire!, alien incommiiiinnggg šŸ˜šŸ˜

You are still save @Dolph Drago , I tried for an hour his morning, turned all things of exept for car things and blasted for an hour following @Metalgear9493 not knowing what my time would be when my hour session would close...
Total fastest was .536 with an optimum of well.....536 so no PB for me and the 1:20.527 still stands, I'm seriously questioning if I'm able to get into the 4xx cause the miracle lap just doesn't come, still place 49, so I think I'll end below 72 šŸ˜šŸ¤£šŸŽŠšŸ„³
I tried last night but couldn't improve. I struggled to even hit 1:20's. I had a ton of laps at 1:21.1, which is a full half second off my best. I had one "good" lap at 20.675, but that was all I could muster.

I'm going to hop back into the Bugatti later today to try to improve. I really don't want another ugly Broad Bean type spike in my graph. :indiff: Watkins Glen will likely be run at least one more time before the TT ends. I am perilously close to dropping out of the top 50 if I'm not out already (haven't checked yet today).

What a truly ridiculous car the Bugatti is. I have some familiarity with it after the Sainte-Croix CE, so it's really more the track I have to learn.

I don't believe I've ever driven on this layout before, but the chicane in S1 and S2 are invalidating almost all my laps. Only 4 of 20 counted today, but I've got a solid Silver without really dissecting the WR, a lap guide or ghost.

18c5516879e41-screenshotUrl.jpg
18c55169af683-screenshotUrl.jpg

Next goal is to get Gold, then maybe top 1000. Maybe get under 1.5%?

@Dolph Drago you're currently 44 at WG.

Last edited:
That Kyoto track with the Bugatti is fast and flows well. I don't normally like reverse tracks but this is a bit fun....anyway kind of late to the party but went to give a go and managed a 1.18.8xx with my optimal at 1.18.4xx for my session. . That said though gold seems very far for this one lol.

I did improve more at WG with a 1.21.8xx. I only wanted to drop under the 1.22s so my goal has been achieve. Here's to hoping this will be enough to secure gold for that TT.

I tried last night but couldn't improve. I struggled to even hit 1:20's. I had a ton of laps at 1:21.1, which is a full half second off my best. I had one "good" lap at 20.675, but that was all I could muster.

I'm going to hop back into the Bugatti later today to try to improve. I really don't want another ugly Broad Bean type spike in my graph. :indiff: Watkins Glen will likely be run at least one more time before the TT ends. I am perilously close to dropping out of the top 50 if I'm not out already (haven't checked yet today).
46 and I'm 51, kicked out of the top 50 šŸ˜”šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ but a long as I'm under 72 at the end I šŸ¤£šŸ¤£have won šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ two times in a row 72 now

I'll try the Bugatti one more time tomorrow, cause I haven't visited it anymore šŸ˜
Bit that is not going to be a top 100 šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

I was debating not giving the Bugatti a go today, so done the weekly challenges first.

Got the itch to try it out, but I didn't get on with the car at first, everytime I hit T2 and the chicane I was completely inconsistent and gained a lot of invalidated laps, but continued through them to get used to the rest of the track and the car.

Put the top time ghost on and managed to get into silver but still not consistent with it.

Then something clicked, and I started to really enjoy it, and without realising what the gold time was, I managed to make it but only just.

I was going to give it more time, but then the wifes uncle popped round asking if I could fit his dashcam, so that was the end of my time today.

I know I can definitely find more time in this one and think I need to get a safer gold so going to give it another shot in the week.

18c54f2b09052-96b5C9D7D20689ADD60.78214389268DE75F_message_435771027591162_1702230576527.jpg

Kyoto is definitely a hard one for me. 296 miles so far today and no reclaimed gold yet.
Had quite a few laps ~:56.8 at sec 3 but blew final turn every time ā˜¹ļø seems like a sub :57 should hit mid 1:17ā€™s but šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Final turn is in my head now so gotta leave it for a while and see if I can find some mojo later cuz itā€™s not gonna happen right now šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Hey, I'm new here - just got the game about three weeks ago, haven't played a GT game since GT5. These time trials are awesome, the current Bugatti one has been a huge challenge.

Managed to gold it with 1:16:458 on a controller, landing at 1,770th. Pretty stoked, but can see room for improvement still.

I'll probably just leave it at that, though, for the sake of my analog sticks.

EDIT: Iā€™m an idiot, time was actually 1:16:854 - sorry!

Last edited:
Hey, I'm new here - just got the game about three weeks ago, haven't played a GT game since GT5. These time trials are awesome, the current Bugatti one has been a huge challenge.

Managed to gold it with 1:16:458 on a controller, landing at 1,770th. Pretty stoked, but can see room for improvement still.

Hell of a way to jump in this thread. Nice work!

Impressive time my man, i struggled for an hour to get under 1:19 so i'll leave it at that. Welcome!

Last edited:

Are we twins? Only real difference is that I only managed a bronze so far after a few quick laps. I feel confident that I can a gold but it might take me a while.

Back