Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,573 comments
The force feedback should only work on wheels, you noticed a difference in handling tho on controller, i tested it back then but couldn't notice any difference between 1 or 10.
But I haven't tried motionsteering, maby you feel sort of a feedback there? @Barareklam ?
I haven't noticed it either. I haven't been testing it so much honestly since when I tried first time, I couldn't notice any FFB. However I think @P-Courty was referring to twitchiness in steering that both steering sensitivity and FFB could affect it while steering with motion sensor steering. I don't find FFB influencing steering.

Honestly I find PD's job on this part of the game faulty done. It might sound really crazy but now I tested steering sensitivity and it shows that parameter they show -2 to 10 is pretty confusing because it doesn't really mean that if you put it on 10 steering will be more sensitive and the faster you tilt DualSense the car will turn faster. It shows that it differs from car to car and in some case car will turn more/faster on setting 5 while some other car will turn more and faster on 0 or some on 10. Pretty confusing really.

Slight improvement today, putting me in a @Gomario JSP @Evilmuffin sandwich.

View attachment 1309444

Back at Watkins Glen, last Wednesday's 1:20.601 for 77th slipped down to 94th by today. New time takes me back up slightly. Hopefully holds for a placing PB (currently 91st).

18c5a29911814-screenshotUrl.jpg

Day 2 at Kyoto. First goal has been achieved. Gold! By a decent enough amount.

However, to get into the top 1000 I'll need to find about another half second and get into the 1:16.9's. By my observations following the WR ghost, there's a ton of opportunities.

Places to improve the most are still the S1 T2 chicane, the S2 WTF chicane, and the final turn.

18c5a3936dd60-screenshotUrl.jpg
18c5a394c6080-screenshotUrl.jpg

Also, @Jeje6410
Happy Birthday GIF by The3Flamingos

Enjoy the new PS5!

Hi,

I am going to have to sit out on the Kyoto Park trial - I have had a little practice run and managed what is a current silver time. The problem is my wheel - This track is killing my wheel! Fans are going full tilt after just 3 laps. I will sit back and watch you folks rip it to shreds.

Watkins Glen is a gold time for me and I think it will hold. Despite many, many laps, I cannot get it all right in one lap.

I am just in the process of ordering some new kit - A new wheel and wheel base with some load cell pedals. 2024 is going to be a good year!

My very best regards and seasons greetings to you all.

Ian.

Well ..this is frustrating. The throttle of my G923 is starting to act up. Once a while out of nowhere it will start fluttering and won't give 100%. I was in one of the better lap only to have it happen in the back straight and watch the ghost disappear to the distance 🫠

I took it appart and really don't see much dirt trapped in there. I probably will do a major surgery with it and swap out the clutch peddle with it. Will have to figure out how to change the spring, swap wires and such.

Still managed a minor improvement.

View attachment 1310067
I use the same G923 and the accelerator glitch you mention started happening to me after about 60,000 kms on my wheel.
The advice that was given to you with the in-game pedal calibration, while not perfect, did help a ton.

Well...... what the h*ll ... my wife was watching the Talor Swift concert on the TV so thought I'll do some casual laps in the Bugatti, for me remote play on the laptop is only suitable for the first stint to get to know the car cause there just is a delay in input, cars like the Bugatti don't go that wel with inputlag.

Headphones on and blasting around the imaginaire mountains.
Out of nowhere I ran a 16.811, a PB 😳

The lap after that wasn't all that great but somehow I completely nailed the chicane and tried again.....

I did a @Dolph Drago ....
"I have no idea where this came from" 🤣🤣

18c5a5acc2c31-screenshotUrl.jpg

Went out for another run in the Bugatti tonight.

I knew I could find more time, second lap in and improved by .09x.

Kept going for a bit and managed to pull together a 1:17.125 which should hopefully keep me safe.

There is a 1:16 in there somewhere but I just couldn't string a full lap together to make it stick, I can get around .230 ahead coming into the chicane on some laps but then over cook it on the curbs.

Think that's it for this one for me.

I've uploaded the replay if anyone wants to view it or use the ghost.

18c5af43b4583-96b5C9D7D20689ADD60.78214389268DE75F_message_435797073496151_1702332318344 (1).jpg
18c5af451c346-96b5C9D7D20689ADD60.78214389268DE75F_message_435797077162452_1702332332665.jpg
18c5af4619c36-96b5C9D7D20689ADD60.78214389268DE75F_message_435797079146116_1702332340414.jpg

Last edited:

Kept going for a bit and managed to pull together a 1:17.125 which should hopefully keep me safe.

There is a 1:16 in there somewhere but I just couldn't string a full lap together to make it stick, I can get around .230 ahead coming into the chicane on some laps but then over cook it on the curbs.

View attachment 1311040View attachment 1311041View attachment 1311042
Great, durn how many #1 records has Jeddah broken? And metalgear always gets neck and neck behind him!! It's like their gifted at this racing game.

Put in some more laps around Watkins Glen in the Alpine and managed to pull out a 1:20.679 which puts me 166th currently. Optimum was a 1:20.480 which was basically all in the bus stop chicane and following right hander, but trying to get all the track limits right there was proving to be quite a challenge. The second apex of the bus stop chicane was giving me quite a bit of trouble which was frustrating as it invalidated some of my best times through that sector. Then trying to get the exit of the following right hander perfect is also quite challenging without running wide and invalidating the lap again. Don't think I'll be able to improve this time so that will be it for this trial.

Also gave the Bugatti around Kyoto a go. This may be one of my least favourite trials they've created. I don't think I've ever had to restart a trial so many times. Maybe 5 clean laps were completed in an hour and the best I could do was a 1:16.915 which puts me at a rapidly falling 834th. The optimal line through the chicanes are an absolute travesty to humanity. It's basically become a competition for who can have the least of their Bugatti remain on the track. Not to mention the kerbs will toss the car off into the barrier 99% of the time. I may go back to try and improve this lap time but only because I'm concerned this time won't stay gold and not because I want to. :yuck::irked:

Managed to get a gold time for both today.

5712A6BB-1101-4B24-935D-A6523F9B572D.jpeg

It’s crazy how fast some people managed to push this thing around Watkins Glen. I feel like I could probably keep shaving time off, but I think I’ll save my efforts for the next time trial in a couple of days.

Last edited:

View attachment 1311040View attachment 1311041View attachment 1311042

I am always very thankful for uploaded laps as I find ghosts very helpful - as long as they aren't too fast... Yesterday was my first attempt with the Bugatti and I must admit that for me it was more fun to paint that thing than driving it. Very impressive how quick many of you guys are! I will return and try to get silver and hope for something better coming thursday... (still waiting for some Cup cars like miata or megane)

I woke up early today, the lap i did yesterday came out of the blue, and that's nice, but if you have no idea where it came from it doesn't realy have that much value, altho for me, top 200 on this one i had never thought in the beginning, but i just wanted to find out were it came from.

So i did study my lap, and went for it again, and......... i know where it came from! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I had multiple laps in the 16.4xx this morning, and one a little faster :lol:🎂🎂
(altho i had a realy bad T2 here exitspeed-wise)

@Evilmuffin 's 💩 incomming in...3...2....1... :lol:

I knew that all of my time was lost on the exit of the chicane, so tried to change my approach, but that is damn hard if the brain is already calculating your next move.
So instead of seeing the chicane as 2 corners ( which i did ) i kind of approached it as a 3 corner S, which it is .....
Went in a little slower then before, that was my trick here, i always went in too hot.

Still not the easiest curves, but i got far more consistent in it, even had 41.830 on the exit, but stuffed up the last corner :banghead:
There is more in it, but i don't see myself getting sub 16 here, that's crazy.

It did grow on me btw...., it's not that bad as i thought it was at first :)

18c5cef25f424-screenshotUrl.jpg

I am always very thankful for uploaded laps as I find ghosts very helpful - as long as they aren't too fast... Yesterday was my first attempt with the Bugatti and I must admit that for me it was more fun to paint that thing than driving it. Very impressive how quick many of you guys are! I will return and try to get silver and hope for something better coming thursday... (still waiting for some Cup cars like miata or megane)
Hopefully you catch up to me, if you beat me though I'll have to go again then 😂
I started using more of 4th gear through the chicanes and 5th through the final turn.
I think I am done with this time trial for now...
All of you in the 1:16s blow my mind :cheers:

View attachment 1311117
Great time, I started with 4th through the chicane and 5th on the final corner but found it more stable entering the chicane in 6th downshifting to 5th and tapping the brake on entry then downshifting again when switching directon in the middle of the chicane.

The final corner I found I got more speed onto the straight staying in 6th.

Great time, I started with 4th through the chicane and 5th on the final corner but found it more stable entering the chicane in 6th downshifting to 5th and tapping the brake on entry then downshifting again when switching directon in the middle of the chicane.

The final corner I found I got more speed onto the straight staying in 6th.
Thanks for the tip. I will try your method of entering the chicane in 6th, downshifting to 5th and then tap brake and down to 4th. It sounds complex though :lol:

Latest Posts

Back