Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,869 comments
Thank you my online friend!
I was dying for this gold...

Thanks.
I will definitely try without TC.
But this is almost 700hp beast...
It might be nearly 700hp but the downforce is insane. Losing traction hasn’t once a problem even on controller, it’s just that gnarly chicane

EDIT: oops just saw you tried it without TC already and nailed a new PB time - nice!

Last edited:
IMG_4355.jpeg

IMG_4354.jpeg

Wow this one is fun!! Very short update from me as I’m SUPER busy and very sad I can’t grind this one! Ok it’s a little bit mad but it sounds good and it feels good. My favourite high downforce trial so far.. sounds the nuts too unlike that mad electric car we had on the full course a few trials back…

Best of luck everybody, just a quick pitstop before my final work trip before Christmas! I’m asking Santa for a PSVR2 as I’d love to believe that is where @djolliea gets his superpowers from :odd:

No explanation for @Gomario JSP’s run of incredibly incredibly fast times recently except perhaps he’s discovered the worlds strongest lungo coffee??? Amazing times amigo!

Last edited:
View attachment 1311235
View attachment 1311236

Wow this one is fun!! Very short update from me as I’m SUPER busy and very sad I can’t grind this one! Ok it’s a little bit mad but it sounds good and it feels good. My favourite high downforce trial so far.. sounds the nuts too unlike that mad electric car we had on the full course a few trials back…

Best of luck everybody, just a quick pitstop before my final work trip before Christmas! I’m asking Santa for a PSVR2 as I’d love to believe that is where @djolliea gets his superpowers from :odd:

No explanation for @Gomario JSP’s run of incredibly incredibly fast times recently except perhaps he’s discovered the worlds strongest lungo coffee??? Amazing times amigo!
PSVR2 will totally change this game..... including the first 2 weeks....which you will feel like puking after 5 mins. And once you get used to it....your eyes feel like exploding after an hr.

Totally worth it tho 🤪

Don't know why the Bugatti isn't clicking with me. Did the Alpine gold within five laps. Ten laps around Kyoto and feeling confortable only to find out I'm not even out of bronze yet. This is after shaving 5 seconds off my first lap.:indiff:
I had the same first session, but my second session was a lot better. Still in Bronze, but comfortably so.

I think because it is a long, high-speed lap, there are so many opportunities to gain or lose speed that there is a huge differential between the quick guys and the rest of us.

But I've not tried studying a quick lap video yet, and I've also not tried it with the wheel yet, and I think with a bit of practice (and slightly less wine in my system), that a silver should be achievable - but I reckon gold is out of the question for me!

The Kyoto TT has proven more frustrating than expected. I absolutely hate that fast left-right at the bottom of the hill, the number of invalidated laps and restarts has been astronomical. However today something clicked and I started nailing it more consistently, and managed to improve my PB a few times. Ended the session at 1:15.798 (opt. .6xx)

Screenshot_2023-12-13-00-38-31-58_fff335ca613a5f557fcea787596aedca.jpg

Tomorrow is the time for one final stint at WG.

Edit: Got my Nurb certificate too. Lol, I wasn't expecting much but come on.

Last edited:
The Kyoto TT has proven more frustrating than expected. I absolutely hate that fast left-right at the bottom of the hill, the number of invalidated laps and restarts has been astronomical. However today something clicked and I started nailing it more consistently, and managed to improve my PB a few times. Ended the session at 1:15.798 (opt. .6xx)

View attachment 1311292

Nice one Kimi. ;)

Made the bronze in the Bugatti a little safer - had to turn down force feedback in the wheel from 3 to 2. Using it with 3 was starting to make the bolts holding it to the frame loosen!
Still have a marginal silver at WG, but I just am not having any luck improving. Looking forward to a new one tomorrow!

I've done my homework on both TTs and am really happy with the results, especially with the Bugatti. Even my optimal time had never dipped into 1:16 territory, and I had already come to accept that a 1:17.1 is the best I could do. Maybe this realisation made me approach the final laps a bit more relaxed, because suddenly this 1:16.919 happened, and I am fully at peace with the trial now.

1702450683919.png

In other news, I ordered my new Fanatec gear Monday last week, but have still not received a shipping number even though it says "shipped" in the status. They mention explicitly on their website that this might be the case for "a few days", and I read elsewhere that their customer service is a bit of a mess, but it's still worrisome. Any of you guys had similar experiences?

Last edited:
Man i was struggling on Kyoto this morning, 1 hour of pure speed but didn't improve, when i'm in the flow i'm consistent in the 16.5/6's with occasionaly a low 4 or high .3xx
I think i had 4 laps in the 3xx's this morning but all not PB :banghead: :lol:
I know i can be a lot faster cause i drifted in T1 and lost a gaziilion of time on this lap, but the curves were insane, never had it this way so got some time back but still.....

18c6215a03315-screenshotUrl.jpg

Very frustrating TT this is, that feeling every lap..... you nail T1 and T2, have a good exit on T3 ( if it doesn't die on you on first gear )
But you still think that it doesn't matter because you are def going to stuff up the curves...

And then the certificate......i now know that i don't need it, and in fact i don't know if i want it either :lol:, it's meaningless, the time trial itself was hot, difficult but fun...., but i think everybody has it already???, i think they even forgot me cause i still have nothing :lol::boggled::boggled:,

but seriously PD....... i couldn't care less about it seeing it, so don't promise nice things....just give us a cracker of a next timetrial please

I've done my homework on both TTs and am really happy with the results, especially with the Bugatti. Even my optimal time had never dipped into 1:16 territory, and I had already come to accept that a 1:17.1 is the best I could do. Maybe this realisation made me approach the final laps a bit more relaxed, because suddenly this 1:16.919 happened, and I am fully at peace with the trial now.

View attachment 1311347

In other news, I ordered my new Fanatec gear Monday last week, but have still not received a shipping number even though it says "shipped" in the status. They mention explicitly on their website that this might be the case for "a few days", and I read elsewhere that their customer service is a bit of a mess, but it's still worrisome. Any of you guys had similar experiences?

Yes don't worry I had the same thing and I received confirmation from UPS of the shipment on the day of receipt, approximately 10 days after the order at Fanatec.

View attachment 1311292

Very obviously, your abduction was a great success...👽

It's really impressive, congrats Djolliea :cheers:

View attachment 1311347

Well I guess it will arrive before christmas and that's rather quick (as you yourself, my friend!). The DD Pro wheelbase I ordered during black week will probably arrive mid january... (Yes, I am that slow...) 😉

Well I guess it will arrive before christmas and that's rather quick (as you yourself, my friend!). The DD Pro wheelbase I ordered during black week will probably arrive mid january... (Yes, I am that slow...) 😉
Damned, with this new wheelbase, you'll improve your demoniac CE scores.... :(

Yes, that would be nice but it still doesn't drive itself (level 4 or 5)... You must come across that one or two tracks where I got lucky and quicker than you - everywhere else you are near top of my friends list! @crome and @GlockPants are your real threats... ⚠️
On some tracks, I'm faster because I got lucky or a bigger patience to retry again and again and again ^^ I see your scores (and those from @crome @GlockPants @Evilmuffin and many others great drivers) as motivation to improve my skills to be faster and faster.
But we don't really have threats, only friends :)

On some tracks, I'm faster because I got lucky or a bigger patience to retry again and again and again ^^ I see your scores (and those from @crome @GlockPants @Evilmuffin and many others great drivers) as motivation to improve my skills to be faster and faster.
But we don't really have threats, only friends :)

Yes, that is for sure and makes this group extraordinary (and some of you extraterrestial) great! A big hug to everyone,

Gofaster😉

View attachment 1311347

Hi,

Yes, I am unfortunately!

I ordered from Fanatec on the 25th of November. My shipping label was printed 2 days later. I am still waiting to receive my goodies!!! I doubt it will arrive in time for the Christmas break now. :-(

Best regards to all here.

Ian.

Latest Posts

Back