Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,119 comments
View attachment 1314887

You ask too much for leaving the forum.
After all is my intermission time to use it as i want ... Ok ?
View attachment 1314889

Gold is waiting for you.... Gold is waiting for you.... :D

shake it gold GIF

Now we talking

:D

I had two promising laps, one totally ruined by braking too late into last chicane, and ruined second one by hitting bollard on second right turn after long straight, kinda 1 minute into lap, both were low 2:40 so I wonder if with some practice we can reach 2:39 ? 🤔

1000017601.jpg

Last edited:
Now we talking

:D

I had two promising laps, one totally ruined by braking too late into last chicane, and ruined second one by hitting bollard on second right turn after long straight, kinda 1 minute into lap, both were low 1:40 so I wonder if with some practice we can reach 1:39 ? 🤔

View attachment 1314898
I think if all the stars would be in line..... we could indeed, i was 3 tenths up on my PB in the first sector but completely mist my breaking point at the end of the backstraight.... there is a lot of time during the lap to stuff up 🤣🤣

That is a fine optimum mate!

Boo.....got my Logitech pro wheel but the wheelbase keeps turning itself off :P

Just called customer service and might have to do a return
I don't hate on anyone or anything but man after hanging around this forum for the last number of months, it seems like people grumble an awful lot about QC stuff with Logi. I've had plenty of their stuff over the years and they absolutely stand by it so that's reassuring but it totally sucks to spend that money and have issues pretty much out of the box. Hopefully they remedy it quickly and painlessly!

On the one hand, I normally play for hours at a time with my PSVR2; it's the only way I play now.

On the other hand . . . You are my hero! Honestly, your speed is what I'm striving for in VR. Well done!
Thank you amigo! That's promising, I think I can handle it but you never really know.. it is very uncomfortable at first for the three brain cells I have rattling around up there! I do have to use motion simulators for work so I'm used to being slightly uncomfortable/having my eyeballs confused by what I'm being presented so I'd like to think I have a fighting chance long term!

I will take the compliment that makes me very happy! But I can assure you it's 90% the gear, 9.9% practice and about 0.1% my own skills :lol:
I don't hate on anyone or anything but man after hanging around this forum for the last number of months, it seems like people grumble an awful lot about QC stuff with Logi. I've had plenty of their stuff over the years and they absolutely stand by it so that's reassuring but it totally sucks to spend that money and have issues pretty much out of the box. Hopefully they remedy it quickly and painlessly!
For how much it cost I was quite disappointed, QC is piss poor IMO but the actual product itself is magical. It's a step up from Fanatec etc in terms of FF (IMO) but you pay the price. The design itself could have been better but the actual way it replicates what's going on in the game is second to none.

Excellent " job " @GlockPants , am really in danger for this one since am only 8 thousands in to gold 🤐
Must race it again and leave Spa for later.
Thanks! I know you can get deeper into Gold. I'm not sure how much, or if, the time will get much lower. But 0.008 seconds is too close for my taste.

I had a similar issue with mine. The problem stems from the HDMI connection to your PS5. Luckily you use VR, same as me, try unplugging the HDMI cable and see if you're able to stay connected.

For how much it cost I was quite disappointed, QC is piss poor IMO but the actual product itself is magical. It's a step up from Fanatec etc in terms of FF (IMO) but you pay the price. The design itself could have been better but the actual way it replicates what's going on in the game is second to none.
For sure. I've heard it's unbelievable how good it feels with the true force or whatever they call it. I like the DDPro a ton but I don't have any experience at all beyond the wheel I own so I can't compare. The DD pro Plus that was just released looks like a pretty amazing bit of kit as well when I upgrade...

Gold is waiting for you.... Gold is waiting for you.... :D

shake it gold GIF
Sorry mate but I've had enough of that .
Can't bring last part under 40's whatever i try this noon.

This TT bust my ball...... bearings.
Ill stick in silver cause i have better chances on Spa .
Today am done , ill might do some race but not TT for today.

PS
Thanks to all the guys that add me as a friend.

Thank you amigo! That's promising, I think I can handle it but you never really know.. it is very uncomfortable at first for the three brain cells I have rattling around up there! I do have to use motion simulators for work so I'm used to being slightly uncomfortable/having my eyeballs confused by what I'm being presented so I'd like to think I have a fighting chance long term!
The tips here on GT Planet worked wonders for me! I have a bag of ginger candy next to the wheel and I down a piece about 20 minutes before driving . . . usually. I also chew gum during my sessions which can last 3-4 hours (time permitting.) The only thing that sometimes cuts my sessions a bit short will be the friction of the band on my forehead.
I will take the compliment that makes me very happy! But I can assure you it's 90% the gear, 9.9% practice and about 0.1% my own skills :lol:
Nope. Switch Gear w/ skills. Practice is how you got those skills!
I'm a big fan of the G923 that I just got as an anniversary gift over a month ago. That thing is the cat's pajamas.

However, in spite of my having great luck with Logitec (starting from the Driving Force on GT3 a-spec) I'm sorry that you've had a bad time of it with your latest purchase.

Pleased with my best ever result in a TT at Deep Forest… won’t be troubling that position at Spa or Fuji though 😂.

Trying to avoid returning to Fuji, so did a dozen laps in the Alfa… much gearbox sausing (credit: @Gomario JSP ) which is tricky to get right, but so far down to 2:42.131. 41’s are clearly possible, but I don’t see me getting down to a 2:40.x.

It took 30 to 40 laps but I got myself into gold at Fuji. Will it hold?

IMG_7689.jpeg

For all my hate on Fuji, now that I got a new Fanatec formula 2.5 X wheel, I’m finally able to double shift down, reliably, in the last corners and suddenly they all make more sense.

Last edited:
After hard day, it came time for evening session.
It didn't start well, couldn't get close to my best (still silver) for some time...
Then everything started to be better, and I improved several times, lowering my time to gold territory.
And when I decided to finish for today, I hit retry once more, giving me the best lap and new pb!

2:42.521

I took a screen and uploaded video to YT, but something went wrong and nothing is there...

But I hope so I can improve more, it's only the first day.

Do you have the controller set to turn off after a certain amount of time in the ps5 settings? I had it set to turn my controller off after 15 minutes and it would turn my controller and my Fanatec wheel off.

Do you have the controller set to turn off after a certain amount of time in the ps5 settings? I had it set to turn my controller off after 15 minutes and it would turn my controller and my Fanatec wheel off.
It is turning itself off within a min...some time it can't even get pass booting before turning off. And it is not ps5 specific, tried to connect to pc to check firmware. It made it just far enough to see firmware is the most recent before it shut itself off.

Got on to spa today and managed to get a 2:41:081....the car does seem to like being rolled into the corner in a higher gear and avoid the understeer...

On a different note. The guy from Saudi who's always on top of the leaderboard....how is he that fast???

You'd think there would be more and more diminishing returns the higher up the leaderboard you get but it actually seems to be the opposite way round and I can't get my head round if at all!!

Got on to spa today and managed to get a 2:41:081....the car does seem to like being rolled into the corner in a higher gear and avoid the understeer...

On a different note. The guy from Saudi who's always on top of the leaderboard....how is he that fast???

You'd think there would be more and more diminishing returns the higher up the leaderboard you get but it actually seems to be the opposite way round and I can't get my head round if at all!!

What's also interesting is that he doesn't appear to participate in any of the racing series and last I looked I thought he only had like a B driver rating.

Last edited:
Back