Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,123 comments
Got to have gold wheels....it is very important :dunce:

18cb2b1ce6761-screenshotUrl.jpg

I was able to try out the new TT in Spa in my last session for an indefinite period of time.
Unfortunately, I discovered water damage in my apartment over Christmas and will have to move out first so that everything can be renovated.
Spa in the Alfa is really fun, especially because the car is so light and you can really throw it into the corners. There's still a bit of time left, under 2:39 will be possible, but unfortunately I don't have the time.

I managed a 2:39.341 and I'm happy with that for now.

Have fun at the next TTs. I hope to see you again soon.

IMG_0527.jpeg

I was able to try out the new TT in Spa in my last session for an indefinite period of time.
Unfortunately, I discovered water damage in my apartment over Christmas and will have to move out first so that everything can be renovated.
Spa in the Alfa is really fun, especially because the car is so light and you can really throw it into the corners. There's still a bit of time left, under 2:39 will be possible, but unfortunately I don't have the time.

View attachment 1314981
Jeeez man hope it gets sorted soon, what a time of year for that to happen… on the plus side at least that time will probably hold for gold :D

Busy day for me today but managed a few sessions! The VR adventure continues. New PB at Fuji and set a reasonable time at Spa to kick things off! Just agreed to a long work trip early January so I know I need to take my opportunities over the next week!

IMG_4575.jpeg

Alfa looking great, from the outside at least..
IMG_4572.jpeg

IMG_4578.jpeg

I enjoy Spa and I quite like the little Alfa. What I don't like are the bollards I keep nudging and Pouhon which I can't ever seem to get right. 12 of my first 13 laps were invalidated. :boggled: There is a lot more time in it for me. My optimal was a 40.0, but 39's should be easily capable assuming I have one lap where I don't make a dumb mistake. By the way, being able to use partial throttle with the triggers feels amazing in this car. That said, I've gotta eventually get back to Fuji at some point. I've only made two runs there.
IMG_2748.jpg

Finally managed gold at Fuji yesterday. By the slimest of margins. Best optimum was 28.4. Will probably come back to this. Guess I did about a hundred laps already.
View attachment 1315020

Welcome in the gold zone, my friend :)
That's an awesome acheivement, congrats :cheers:
Amazingly, we have similar data (hundreds of laps and optimal at +/- 28.4).

@Gorefast @smoothbore12 @Lomic we wait for you guys :)

Did quick morning session and improved my time for almost half second!
Leaders improved by 0.2s too, so gold fall to 42.700.

Here is my first improved lap, little later I did 42.110, which is now my pb:

I know I can go under 42, I hope so I I'll made it...

Very informative video, thx for sharing. I'm losing A LOT of time on the 3rd sector, between Pouhon, Fagnes and Stavelot.

Your lap is great and you completly deserve this secured gold. For sure, you'll join soon the very select "0:41 Club".

Welcome in the gold zone, my friend :)
That's an awesome acheivement, congrats :cheers:
Amazingly, we have similar data (hundreds of laps and optimal at +/- 28.4).

@Gorefast @smoothbore12 @Lomic we wait for you guys :)
Okay, keep going. I lost the key of the gold zone and am still searching... It has to be somewhere between the livingroom and my new cockpit (GT Omega ART). 🤔

Okay, keep going. I lost the key of the gold zone and am still searching... It has to be somewhere between the livingroom and my new cockpit (GT Omega ART). 🤔
NEIN, you're not Goreslow but Gorefast !!
Post your sectors times here and we'll try to help you to find this damned key :)

(very nice setup, I'm jealous now :irked::D)

Very informative video, thx for sharing. I'm losing A LOT of time on the 3rd sector, between Pouhon, Fagnes and Stavelot.

Your lap is great and you completly deserve this secured gold. For sure, you'll join soon the very select "0:41 Club".
Thanks for kind words and I'm very glad if my video can help you 👍

Be sure I'll do everything to go under 42.

Got to have gold wheels....it is very important :dunce:

View attachment 1314957
Damn you are fast into the 39's

But....Naah, I think it's the red mirror caps that have the edge ... 🤣

I fought like hell this morning to get a lap together with reasonable sectors.
If I look at my lap I missed some apexes along the ride and think a 39.6 or 7 is doable but man, 2 minutes is a lot of time to stuff things up 🤣🤣

2:39.920 🥳🥳

@Barareklam So it is doable.... 🤣

1000015770.gif

I feel for you, last year, on the 2nd of january I was out on the evening and when I came back, I had 1-2 cm of water in most of my flat. i was lucky tho, it didnt go into any plug or didnt fry any electrical equipement. Just had to dry it up and everything was good. Still a bad surprise when you come back late at home.

As for the TT, I didnt had time to try it yet, I did the weekly challenge yesterday.

I'm hoping that the fastest time for Spa doesn't come down any further, otherwise it could be tight for my current gold time.

-

I managed to get almost exactly equal times in the Audi and NSX at Fuji, and yet I only just discovered that I wasn't using DRS with the Audi.

Either way, I'm still miles off a gold and I don't have the time between now and the deadline to give it much of another try.

So hard to string a lap together, my fastest is a 2:41.7 but I had a terrible final sector and there’s a 2:40.9 in the optimal!

I think the main thing I’ve learned is it’s really dirty if you run wide on exits and it ruins your tyres for the next corner. Trying to stay off the curbs a bit more.

Does watching make a big difference or just using the ghost?
It helps to understand the gearing and lines from a different perspective.

I know we all don't think it but we have bad habits and false braking markers, watching the replay helps see what is possible and also where we might not be short shifting or shifting too much, braking to little or too much.

Without watching the replay you lack the context of the ghost and what they are actually doing vs what you are doing I find.

Latest Posts

Back