Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,119 comments
Very early still... but this one at Spa is real fun. I do have some more time in me, will get to it when I have a chance.
I'm done with Fuji. Safe gold and never returned.
Happy Lapping everyone!

18cafe5d68f14-screenshotUrl.jpg

Man I missed some post these days!

Congrats to all that collected there bronz silver and golds on the previous trials!, I see some improvements!

@Jeje6410 nice mate!
@Dolph Drago I see you did a nice job at Deep Forrest! Well done mate, those triggers are the best way!

I did a quick run with the 4C this morning, I thijk I ran 5 laps, 4 invalid due to lift off mid corner and nosedive into the bollard 🤣🤣

This one is going to be fun!
First impressions are good, now let's figure out how to drives this thing 😁

1000015708.jpg

I jumped on last night and got 2.93% in four laps on the pad :D Took another four on the wheel to get a slightly safer 0.7s gap.

Edit: That's just by way of me saying it must have been an easy one :lol: Even at 2.93% I wasn't in the top 20,000...

Last edited:
Morning morning!!

The PSVR2 adventure continues, last night was the full grind session which resulted in a surprising lack of sickness; I must have had the headset on for a good hour and a half with any small breaks. Very promising! Whether I’m quicker or not remains to be seen though 😁 I did break into the 44s last night which was my DF goal; not my
Favourite combo but we got there.

Looking forward to Spa, I see bonafide forum pad alien and all round nice guy @Gomario JSP has already set a blistering time here 😅

IMG_4568.jpeg

Good result in the end and in very esteemed company on the friends leaderboard 😎
IMG_4569.jpeg

The results for TT57 are over here.

I have also updated the opening post there with the index of TTs, as well as the second post with our community leader-boards.

Interim Results for TT58 at Fuji International Speedway (Short) in Gr.2 cars.

1703760831802.png
1703761246513.png

LB-final.jpg
1703761406529.png
TT-interim gaps.jpg

Last edited:
Morning morning!!

The PSVR2 adventure continues, last night was the full grind session which resulted in a surprising lack of sickness; I must have had the headset on for a good hour and a half with any small breaks. Very promising! Whether I’m quicker or not remains to be seen though 😁 I did break into the 44s last night which was my DF goal; not my
Favourite combo but we got there.

Looking forward to Spa, I see bonafide forum pad alien and all round nice guy @Gomario JSP has already set a blistering time here 😅

View attachment 1314823
Good result in the end and in very esteemed company on the friends leaderboard 😎
View attachment 1314824
Nice time on the Deep Forrest mate!, so close!.... just not fast enough moehaha 🤣🤣

Spa feels great, by all means not a fast lap on my side, just was one of the first to hit the tarmac I quess for 5 laps 🤣🤣, already somewhere in the 200 high now... prob 300 🙈, and 240 seconds behind Tidgney

Can't wait for a session!

Replay uploaded to the server, as always ⛄
Thanks for continuing to share your work :)

I was 0.4s off a gold so I watched your replay and I'm now into gold with a 2:42.430 - very happy with that :cheers:

-

I wasn't up-shifting early enough, and I was also not up-shifting on the exit/apex of corners either. Two corners I was taking in 3rd (Malmedy and 'No-Name') I now shift up to 4th at the apex, but up-shifting into 3rd at the apex of La Source makes a big difference too.

Is the NSX really that much quicker on average 😯 will definitely be giving that a go before jumping on the 4C.
I split the data roughly in half and it revealed some interesting things. It would take a proper statistician to explain some of the outcomes, so I just put them down here without explanation.
  • 71% of the top half of drivers use the Meta; only 38% of the bottom half do.
  • Overall the gap from Meta to next best is 1.2s, but for the top half it is 0.447s and for the bottom half 0.212s (different 2nd best cars)
  • The gap from Meta to 2nd best is larger for the top half (0.45s) than for the bottom half (0.21s)

TOP HALF OF DRIVERS
1703774757308.png

BOTTOM HALF OF DRIVERS
1703774788811.png

Mission accomplished at Fuji. And it only took 5 laps, I think that's a record for me.

The most difficult part of the lap was actually the removal of the chicane. I'm not used to this layout, so that corner was weird for me.

Under 2.5% I think should be safe for Gold and I will start the new TT tomorrow.

18cb1180b9f23-screenshotUrl.jpg
18cb11824d663-screenshotUrl.jpg

Morning morning!!

The PSVR2 adventure continues, last night was the full grind session which resulted in a surprising lack of sickness; I must have had the headset on for a good hour and a half with any small breaks. Very promising! Whether I’m quicker or not remains to be seen though 😁 I did break into the 44s last night which was my DF goal; not my Favourite combo but we got there.
On the one hand, I normally play for hours at a time with my PSVR2; it's the only way I play now.

On the other hand . . . You are my hero! Honestly, your speed is what I'm striving for in VR. Well done!

Back