Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,113 comments
I've lightly improved my silver score on Fuji at 1:29.524 🥈 Still over 0.5 sec. from gold.

Sector 1: 0:20.517 - Not optimal but I manage this time almost every lap.
Sector 2: 0:29.057 - Far from optimal, I'm still in trouble with the T6 where I lose too much time.
Sector 3: 0:39.950 - My 1st time below 0:40.xxx. This is my weak point, but I'm not the only one, apparently.

If I gain 0.1 to 0.3 on the 2nd sector and 0.3 to 0.5 on the 3rd, I should be in the yellow zone 🥇
#KeepPushing

@Gorefast - congrats for your (great) score with your Lexus but I haven't said my final word... :mischievous:
You're doing well on this, you're S1 time is quicker than mine so keep pushing that little bit more on S2 and you'll be well into the gold 👍🏻

@Pesselles I've just caught up on all the posts and realised that you have done it 😁 I think I need to jump in that NSX as soon as I can before you go flying past me 😂

Last edited:
@Gorefast and @smoothbore12 : I'm waiting for you in the yellow zone :)
Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

Finally...

View attachment 1314672

Sector 1: 20.510

Sector 2: 28.578

Sector 3: 39.819

Of course, I'm very happy (the replay is available in game) but there's still some rooms for improvement on the 1st sector and on the last one. I would say 1:28.5xx is doable if I drive perfectly the 3 sectors on the same lap.
Now, I'll play on this TT with less pressure, more for the fun.

@330_D and @Wilsonson : can you add me in game as friend, please? (not mandatory, of course).
Congrats, mon ami! Really impressive, especially your lap time at Deep Forest Raceway.👏 Now I hope that I can find an answer on track, maybe with the NSX.

Anyway my C4 is prepared (Alfa Romeo, not explosives!), painted Azzurro Spazio and is waiting to get unleashed towards Eau Rouge...

That feeling when … you do a Circuit Experience to improve on a Time Trial track only to realize that golding the CE is infinitely easier than to gold the alien dependent TT. At least I'm a million or so richer. :lol:
@Wilsonson : you're right, consistency is the key (this 3rd sector is so tricky) but you'll soon find the perfect line to the sub 1:29.xxx :)
When you came back to this thread from your hiatus I was intrigued why everyone was welcoming you back so enthusiasticly. Now I understand. You are a treasure. Thank you for your support and good spirits.

You're doing well on this, you're S1 time is quicker than mine so keep pushing that little bit more on S2 and you'll be well into the gold 👍🏻

@Pesselles I've just caught up on all the posts and realised that you have done it 😁 I think I need to jump in that NSX as soon as I can before you go flying past me 😂
LOOOL no worries you're safe :D but yes for the NSX. You should be able to lower your time.
Thanks again for your previous post (the one with your current PB on Fuji), it was very informative and really helpful to me.

Last edited:
Hi,

As it is the holiday season. As I am not working tomorrow...

I am raising a glass to all of you, truly delightful people, who have managed to secure a gold time at Deep Forest Raceway and those, like me, who have missed their targets.

I have wrestled with it. I have caressed it. I have whispered in its ears. I have threatened it, cursed it, promised it and (almost) blackmailed it! All to no avail.

It slid. It crashed. It spun out. It was in the wrong gear. It was in the wrong darned place. It smoked its fronts and rears. All of the above is, without doubt, my fault. I have spent hours on this one. My wife has sworn at me. The dogs have... Well they have just looked at me and laughed in that sort of way that only dogs... or cats!!! can do.

Happy new year to you all. Best regards to all here.

Ian.

(Enjoying a wee dram while wondering while my 0.01% was)

Edit...

"Anyway my C4 is prepared (Alfa Romeo, not explosives!)".... Now there's a thought!

Last edited:
Congrats, mon ami! Really impressive, especially your lap time at Deep Forest Raceway.👏 Now I hope that I can find an answer on track, maybe with the NSX.

Anyway my C4 is prepared (Alfa Romeo, not explosives!), painted Azzurro Spazio and is waiting to get unleashed towards Eau Rouge...
Vielen Dank my friend, I'm waiting for you in the gold zone now!!

AHHH YES, la Source, Eau Rouge, Blanchimont, le Bus.... :cheers: Probably one of my favourite circuit in the world (with La Sarthe and the Green Hell). That's also why this is the 1st CE I've completely golded with the fabulous 911 RSR (the combo is just perfect).

View attachment 1314666View attachment 1314667

Into the 27s. Barely but it counts. Ok. I hated Fuji two days ago. Today it's my favorite. That last sector really is make or break. Also I dunno about what gears you guys are using but I gained a quarter second in the first turn using second out. Third is great but you have to be so very much more accurate. You can slide a little in second and still gain. In my experience anyway... good luck all.
Yes, that last chicane is a hit or miss trying to avoid the green paint near the grass. It's really hard to tell what the best braking points are for the first right turn, and the next left one after that. I have about another week so I'm not sweating it, my goal is silver. But great time there!!

I have tons of really bad errors invalidating the lap and outright crashes. On top of that there are many corners that vary wildly between laps. Easily half a second for at least 5 turns including the first and the last. This explains the huge gap between my actual and my optimum time. Consistency not available.
Trust me, you are not alone 😕😂

Yes, that last chicane is a hit or miss trying to avoid the green paint near the grass. It's really hard to tell what the best braking points are for the first right turn, and the next left one after that. I have about another week so I'm not sweating it, my goal is silver. But great time there!!
Chris, I brake just, and I mean just before the curbing on the left. Late turn in and apex across the curb on the right. As soon as you can see down that next little straight, hammer down.

Finally...

View attachment 1314672

Sector 1: 20.510

Sector 2: 28.578

Sector 3: 39.819

Of course, I'm very happy (the replay is available in game) but there's still some rooms for improvement on the 1st sector and on the last one. I would say 1:28.5xx is doable if I drive perfectly the 3 sectors on the same lap.
Now, I'll play on this TT with less pressure, more for the fun.

@330_D and @Wilsonson : can you add me in game as friend, please? (not mandatory, of course).
I found your GT planet name on there and added you. If that in fact is you.. 😂

Hi folks,

back from a week-long trip with my family and catching up on what happened in the meantime.

I considered doing a last stint at Deep Forest, but I guess there's not much for me to gain here. I have a solid gold at 1:46.080, which I am happy with, but I would have to find at least another 0.5 seconds for a significant improvement on the leaderboard, and I don't see that happening :)

When I left I had a narrow gold in Fuji with a 1:28.924, and I was kind of surprised that it had held up until now. However I knew I could do better, and I did.

1703729882490.png

(I shared the lap in case anyone wants to use it as a ghost)

There is still quite some room for improvement, the first sector of this lap was actually very poor. As others have said, consistency is an issue here. The game teased an optimum of 1:27.9, which I might chase if I find the time, but first I'll take a look at the Alfa tomorrow ;)

Good luck to everyone fighting for a shiny medal!

Last edited:
Damn , all these months i was missing your beautiful company due to misunderstanding, thought TT's needed Ps plus subscription.

Anyone who like to add me as a friend, ill be glad to accept it.
You can find me in @Pesselles friends page and @GlockPants page as babis triantafillou .

Now on our own, @Pesselles did you get pissed off when i reach the gold before you ?

Nevermind, i know the answer......
O5Ly.gif

That feeling when … you do a Circuit Experience to improve on a Time Trial track only to realize that golding the CE is infinitely easier than to gold the alien dependent TT. At least I'm a million or so richer. :lol:

When you came back to this thread from your hiatus I was intrigued why everyone was welcoming you back so enthusiasticly. Now I understand. You are a treasure. Thank you for your support and good spirits.
Well, what to say?

I don't know because your message makes me emotionally speechless, even many hours later...
There's only obvious reasons to be kind, to be fair with others, to help others, to have fun, to give smiles, etc.

Everytime I needed help, advices, tips, etc. from big boys on this thread, I always received more. So, it's sounds obvious to me to keep on this way (even with the grumpy elders like @smoothbore12 :D:dopey:...).

Thank you very much @Wilsonson :)

Hello my DEAR friend :)

You should spend more time on your controller to get into that damn yellow zone and less time on this (fabulous) thread :lol:
Feel free to use my ghost 👻 but don't be faster than me :D
Just see it after finishing the weekly races leaving Spa for the end .
Today was a very profitable day indeed.
Am almost back to 90 millions.

As about new one I don't know how it will be , i guess these plastic columns will be a nightmare.
Ill try it later , now am gonna go out since the day is very sunny and warm right now.
Hopefully ill use your ghost in the beginning since I don't like to shoot " blind '
48VC.gif

Gold!

View attachment 1314794

Doesn’t happen often at all.

View attachment 1314795

Not sure about the Alfa at Spa. Many opportunities to lose time in such a long lap.
Bravo @Fezzik very nice time with Mamy Shelby!

I've also banked my 8th gold medal :cheers: Cheers!

1703754505545.png

I would recommend first to gold the CE for Spa (with the 911 RSR) if you're not very familiar with the circuit.
There's also some licences tests on Spa where you'll have the opportunity to practice more about this legendary circuit.
You can also practice on the WTC 800 (1 hour race) which is good for cash too ;)
The full lap may be intimidating but as soon you know the track pretty weel, it's not so complicated.

May the 4th be with you :)

Last edited:
I'm really happy with this result in Deep Forest and obtaining this 27th gold medal (the 7th in a row). With a time of 1'45'555 I finished just outside the top 1000 (exactly 1017th). 🥳🥳🥳
Now I'm going to focus on Fuji and I know I can do much better than 1'28'363 and be in the 1'27 range. But it's hard because the slightest error in trajectory is unforgiving on this circuit and it wastes a lot of seconds. As my optimal time yesterday was 1'28'016, 1'27 is really achievable. Going under 1'27 will allow me to further secure my gold medal.
And then it will be the Spa test with the 4C. Frankly, I don't really like this circuit, but I'm more comfortable with cars of this type, that should do it. 🤞🤞

Latest Posts

Back