Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,113 comments
Bravo mate , i don't think i can reach that .
Did some laps today and what i get is only some consistent laps at 29 high.
Don't know if something change later but those fast TT's are killing me anyway .
Did you have a ghost on this one ?
Yes, you can use my ghost:
  • open your page in the game, then open the newsfeed.
  • my replay should be there (Better but not enough).
  • add it to your collection.
  • start a new TT and open the parameters to access to the ghosts parameters.
  • there, you should be able to select those in your collection :)

I'm sure you'll be in yellow in no time :)

Sector 1: 20:894 :banghead: (the one where I'm usually at 20:5xx...)
Even I do better, what happened ???
Sector 2: 28:656 (as usual, I would say)
1s below my best, maybe I should investigate here why I am so slow
Sector 3: 39:621 (yes, it's MUCH better and now, I must replicate it).
0.8 better than mine, but I drive like a monkey in that sector so...

You just got to do a better job at sector 1 to get gold, no doubt you are very close

Even I do better, what happened ???

1s below my best, maybe I should investigate here why I am so slow

0.8 better than mine, but I drive like a monkey in that sector so...

You just got to do a better job at sector 1 to get gold, no doubt you are very close
Thanks a lot my friend :)

The 2nd sector isn't too complicated as long you attack T3 (named Coca Cola) over 170km/h, as long you're over 210km/h between T4 and T5. The most critical point of this sector is T6 where you should have the highest exit speed as possible (over 110km/h I would say).

The last sector is really creepy, as long you are not on the line (or very close to the optimal) you'll be over 40:xxx and you'll have silver. Very tricky...

So, what will the new TT be after tomorrow, can we guess? I hope it's an easier one to get gold on. So, did you all have a good Christmas this year?
From the bottom :

1703230547714-png.1313639

credit to @crome

Had a break from TT the last couple of days. Spent some time yesterday grinding a bunch of Circuit Experience events… think I managed about 8, but the monotony eventually wore me down. Strange that some events are easy gold and others take forever, and I found the two Tokyo events in the WRX by far the hardest to gold.

Had a quick go at Deep Forest this morning but couldn’t get close, and I don’t think I can bring myself to have another go at Fuji, so looking forward to Spa and the new weekly races.

Watched @Tidgney's lap guide, saw a few tricks I could use. Loaded @Pesselles's ghost and done 10 laps at Fuji.

@Pesselles : for sector 1, IMHO you have half a second to gain at turn 1, I was getting back to your ghost there each time, was the point I was able to gain the most.

My previous best lap was 1:31.477 and some good improvements :
Gran Turismo™ 7_20231227175208.jpg

Medium time on 10 laps (despite very bad ones) is nearly my previous 1 lap record...
A good improvement on best lap. Better than previous optimal.

Was losing a lot of time at turn 3 on @Pesselles's ghost in the beginning... combined with @Tidgney's lap guide I saw what I was doing wrong. Not optimal yet but much better.

And in silver zone now, much better. Gold is quite far yet.

I guess the RX8 @Nürb GP if this post is correct:
The other way around, they are ordered from the least close one to the most close one, next is Spa with the 4C tomorrow

Last edited:
Today I managed to set a new PB at Deep Forest. Not a miracle lap, but still pretty good.

Sector 3 was a little messy, but I am not sure what I did different on Lap 10. I could not reproduce it. Nor could I reproduce a 29 second S1 like yesterday. Still, I'm happy I moved up a bit further up the leaderboard.

18cac36802f18-screenshotUrl.jpg
18cac36945c9-screenshotUrl.jpg

Here's the replay.

I'll hit Fuji tomorrow, but I'm not expecting to spend too much time there. Safe Gold, maybe 2.5% or so, and I'm going to move on.

After 40 laps today I still only managed silver. At least my optimum is a solid gold. Just need to put a decent lap together.

I have tons of really bad errors invalidating the lap and outright crashes. On top of that there are many corners that vary wildly between laps. Easily half a second for at least 5 turns including the first and the last. This explains the huge gap between my actual and my optimum time. Consistency not available.

18cac6c4cea7-screenshotUrl.jpg
18cac6c2dfe74-screenshotUrl.jpg

Watched @Tidgney's lap guide, saw a few tricks I could use. Loaded @Pesselles's ghost and done 10 laps at Fuji.

@Pesselles : for sector 1, IMHO you have half a second to gain at turn 1, I was getting back to your ghost there each time, was the point I was able to gain the most.

My previous best lap was 1:31.477 and some good improvements :
View attachment 1314652

Medium time on 10 laps (despite very bad ones) is nearly my previous 1 lap record...
A good improvement on best lap. Better than previous optimal.

Was losing a lot of time at turn 3 on @Pesselles's ghost in the beginning... combined with @Tidgney's lap guide I saw what I was doing wrong. Not optimal yet but much better.

And ind silver zone now, much better. Gold is quite far yet.

The other way around, they are ordered from the least close one to the most close one, next is Spa with the 4C tomorrow
Thanks for the feedback @Lomic really appreciated and congrats for your silver score (saw it in game).
I know you can get the yellow one on this TT. Ghosts are one of the most helpful resources for TTs.

Sure, my 1st sector isn't optimal but as long as I'm in 20:5xx (or below) here, my lap can be "GOLDable".
But I must work and improve it, you're right!

@Gorefast : congrats for your silver improvement, I know you'll soon be in yellow my friend :)
I had another excellent optimal at 1:28.7xx but I'm still in silver for now. Keep pushing!!

@Wilsonson : you're right, consistency is the key (this 3rd sector is so tricky) but you'll soon find the perfect line to the sub 1:29.xxx :)

18cac7802df68-screenshotUrl.jpg
18cac77e1f018-screenshotUrl.jpg

Into the 27s. Barely but it counts. Ok. I hated Fuji two days ago. Today it's my favorite. That last sector really is make or break. Also I dunno about what gears you guys are using but I gained a quarter second in the first turn using second out. Third is great but you have to be so very much more accurate. You can slide a little in second and still gain. In my experience anyway... good luck all.

View attachment 1314666View attachment 1314667

Into the 27s. Barely but it counts. Ok. I hated Fuji two days ago. Today it's my favorite. That last sector really is make or break. Also I dunno about what gears you guys are using but I gained a quarter second in the first turn using second out. Third is great but you have to be so very much more accurate. You can slide a little in second and still gain. In my experience anyway... good luck all.
I play in automatic... 😋 :dopey:

Congrats for your solid and amazing gold score!!

Ok for today, i touch gold , smell it and am about to say goodbye to it .
@Pesselles if you can duplicate last sector the gold is yours.

Couldn't compete to your ghost at last sector even if i was Infront after the downhill right one.
I put ghost out and the first run i manage last sector under 40's it happens.
Am not sure i can do that again 🥴 , at least not today.
IMG_20231227_200821213.jpg

Last edited:
Ok for today, i touch gold , smell it and am about to say goodbye to it .
@Pesselles if you can duplicate last sector the gold is yours.

Couldn't compete to your ghost at last sector even if i was Infront after the downhill right one.
I put ghost out and the first run i manage last sector under 40's it happens.
Am not sure i can do that again 🥴 , at least not today.
View attachment 1314669
WOW, you're a BEAST!! Tomorrow, it will be GOLD for you, for sure.

We all know that this creepy 3rd sector can make or kill.

(and tomorrow, I'll explain you how share screenshots ;) )

View attachment 1314666View attachment 1314667

Hi sir can you send me a friend request please if you want of course, at PSN : jejechris.
Thanks sir

Finally...

1000004635.jpg

Sector 1: 20.510

Sector 2: 28.578

Sector 3: 39.819

Of course, I'm very happy (the replay is available in game) but there's still some rooms for improvement on the 1st sector and on the last one. I would say 1:28.5xx is doable if I drive perfectly the 3 sectors on the same lap.
Now, I'll play on this TT with less pressure, more for the fun.

@Gorefast and @smoothbore12 : I'm waiting for you in the yellow zone :)

@330_D and @Wilsonson : can you add me in game as friend, please? (not mandatory, of course).

Last edited:
Morning everybody! And Merry Christmas to all, really great to hear a lot of people adding upgrades to their setup! GT7 community is thriving! I love it, I have also had a little visit from Santa this year with some Sony branded upgrades..

View attachment 1314578

Yup, PSVR2 has arrived! Clearly I somehow deceived Santa into putting me on his nice list 😬. I have only really played with controller with it before so wheel will be verrryyy interesting. So far so good, I’ve done a couple of races and there are amazing new facets to the game/experience but also a few drawbacks.. stay tuned for more updates! But I’m now part of the club and besides some sort of motion rig I can’t see how I can add any more immersion to the setup now 😅 aka NO EXCUSES FOR NOT BEING FAST!!

Also, I watched the Gran Turismo movie for the first time last night… good watch and good advert for the game although a little cheesy in places; I am now very much antagonising all family members in the vicinity by whispering “find your line…!” Every time someone walks past me…

Happy racing everyone! I have a family day today but hoping to find more time for the Mustang meets DF (or should that be DNF) before time is up.
Ohboy...he has an upgrade.... bad news for the leaderboard 😅🤣

Nice upgrade mate, hope you have alot of fun using it!

Finally...

View attachment 1314672

Sector 1: 20.510

Sector 2: 28.578

Sector 3: 39.819

Of course, I'm very happy (the replay is available in game) but there's still some rooms for improvement on the 1st sector and on the last one. I would say 1:28.5xx is doable if I drive perfectly the 3 sectors on the same lap.
Now, I'll play on this TT with less pressure, more for the fun.

@Gorefast and @smoothbore12 : I'm waiting for you in the yellow zone :)

@330_D and @Wilsonson : can you add me in game as friend, please? (not mandatory, of course).
you-simon-cowell.gif

Back