Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,113 comments
Nice @Evilmuffin!

Also a Happy Christmas here from my wife and kids!
1703527254563.jpeg

Some more inches for me @Gomario JSP !

Last edited:
17035441231087146496411942932172.jpg

So I hit it pretty well... Mom got this thing during the Black Friday sale. Already an improvement in feel for gr2. The wife started a bank account to save for a track weekend near me. I don't know what all it entails but it's long been a dream to be taught on a track in a prepped car. I'm about halfway there. Santa was good to me!

I used to love the Shelby but it’s starting to annoy me very much.

View attachment 1314396

View attachment 1314397

Just can’t hook up a clean lap. If I get through most of it up on the delta I overshoot the final chicance.

I may not be Jesus but I think I deserve some gold too.
With optimal time like this, definitely you deserve a gold time even if its couple of hundreds up.
It's the twitchy nature of Selby that complicate things here .
The most frustrating part for me was the downhill last brake .
Never looked my optimal time since i did many restarts but i knew that i could bust this damn 47's mostly to secure silver .
With ASM and countersteering ON i was faster till the bridge but was slower then.
So i keep ABS and TC at 1 and try to adapt my driving.
It was difficult but mostly cause i use buttons for everything 😊 , so i guess playing someone with stick or triggers will be easier not to put all power on instantly ( as buttons do ) and avoid the slippery drama that lead to loose time.
Don't quit, definitely you're close.

I used to love the Shelby but it’s starting to annoy me very much.

View attachment 1314396

View attachment 1314397

Just can’t hook up a clean lap. If I get through most of it up on the delta I overshoot the final chicance.

I may not be Jesus but I think I deserve some gold too.
Watch the fastest replay, one of the things that I noticed was the timing in the downshifts coming to the hairpin, they make a huge difference to stopping the car in the shortest distance and not overshooting it.

I also made a change in my own style of driving on T1 that really helped me... I shift down to 3rd then 2nd then tap the accelerator only about 25% about 3-4 times whilst still braking, which seemed to stabilise the car on entry and (with the 1st place ghost at 0.4sec ahead) put me inline with the top ghost, I just could never exit the corner uphill without wheel spin in 2nd or 3rd.

View attachment 1314373

So I hit it pretty well... Mom got this thing during the Black Friday sale. Already an improvement in feel for gr2. The wife started a bank account to save for a track weekend near me. I don't know what all it entails but it's long been a dream to be taught on a track in a prepped car. I'm about halfway there. Santa was good to me!
Trackdays are brilliant, will you be renting a car or using your own?

Last edited:
I didn't want to touch Fuji again, but thought....maby it will be better on my new big screen...... and I kind of was, flow still the same but the apexes are a bit bigger and sharpen 🤣🤣, besides... no motivation for Deep Forrest anymore..

So a quick morning run ending at 1:29.683
More on the table but didn't have that much time

Happy days folks

1000015651.jpg

Hi,

@Fezzik... I feel your pain. Despite hours of trying, I just cannot improve! I will try again later on today and let you know. Don't hold your breath though. :grumpy:

View attachment 1314411

Best regards to all here.

Ian.

We all know this feeling, it's painful to get closer and closer from the gold after hours of drive but we are sure, you can get into the yellow zone at anytime. Keep pushing!!

Thanks for all the encouragement guys. It helped.

IMG_4064.jpeg

A holiday miracle, probably only possible at the holidays with the free time. Would just be gold #4 of 57 !

Will be heartbroken if I lose it now. Please don’t go any faster Jeddah.

Last edited:
Santa brought me a little COVID as a special gift. At least I now had some time to finish Deep Forest even if accompanied by a headache while the family was out and about.

18ca6407e2070-screenshotUrl.jpg

A 1:45 maybe even below 1:45.5 is definitely in the cards for me but the grind definitely is not on today.

Insane how much time there is in every single breaking (and accelerating) zone with this beast.

Last edited:
Trackdays are brilliant, will you be renting a car or using your own?
I'll rent one. I've got a GTI I bought a couple months back that would kill on the track but I want to run a prepped car. Haven't even looked into what the options are yet. Don't much care. There is also a rally school about 3 hours from me that's always been a wish... I've got time to figure it out. 🍻

Last edited:
Santa brought me a little COVID as a special gift. At least I now had some time to finish Deep Forest even if accompanied by a headache while the family was out and about.

View attachment 1314435

A 1:45 maybe even below 1:45.5 is definitely in the cards for me but the grind definitely is not on today.

Insane how much time there is in every single breaking (and accelerating) zone with this beast.
Congrats for the gold score (not for the COVID) but get well soon!!

View attachment 1314435

Get better soon.

18ca7653d4672-screenshotUrl.jpg
18ca76454de6-screenshotUrl.jpg

Stupid fast cars always seem to be like the old wallowing ones. I find a groove. In there with some seriously talented folks in my leaderboard. Feeling good about this. I'm going to return. My optimals are 27.7xx.

This new wheel of mine is a game changer in these high downforce cars. Cheers all!🍻🍻

Last edited:
I've lightly improved my silver score on Fuji at 1:29.524 🥈 Still over 0.5 sec. from gold.

Sector 1: 0:20.517 - Not optimal but I manage this time almost every lap.
Sector 2: 0:29.057 - Far from optimal, I'm still in trouble with the T6 where I lose too much time.
Sector 3: 0:39.950 - My 1st time below 0:40.xxx. This is my weak point, but I'm not the only one, apparently.

If I gain 0.1 to 0.3 on the 2nd sector and 0.3 to 0.5 on the 3rd, I should be in the yellow zone 🥇
#KeepPushing

@Gorefast - congrats for your (great) score with your Lexus but I haven't said my final word... :mischievous:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Above summarizes my frustration on what I was hoping to be my final stint at Deep Forest before moving on to Fuji.

I did twice as many laps that I normally would and was very close to a new PB. Best optimals I've managed into the high 1:44's.

But it was going great on Lap 35. I had a killer S1. And I was ahead of my session best ghost out of the second tunnel in S2. Disaster ... I run ONE pixel too wide on the exit before the long back straight. Red Lap. One loud and concise expletive later I finish the lap for what could've been a 1:45.167 ... I guess I need to give it one more go tomorrow!

18ca7a5d93d33-screenshotUrl.jpg

I've lightly improved my silver score on Fuji at 1:29.524 🥈 Still over 0.5 sec. from gold.

Sector 1: 0:20.517 - Not optimal but I manage this time almost every lap.
Sector 2: 0:29.057 - Far from optimal, I'm still in trouble with the T6 where I lose too much time.
Sector 3: 0:39.950 - My 1st time below 0:40.xxx. This is my weak point, but I'm not the only one, apparently.

If I gain 0.1 to 0.3 on the 2nd sector and 0.3 to 0.5 on the 3rd, I should be in the yellow zone 🥇
#KeepPushing

@Gorefast - congrats for your (great) score with your Lexus but I haven't said my final word... :mischievous:
Don't want to disappoint you but i think for gold it will need more than 0.500 .
I came home before few hours and spent some time ( about an hour with intermissions like at cinema 😂 ) and leave it for tomorrow,after tomorrow and after the after etc.etc.
I bring the Lexus 430 down to 29.500 still slower than you and for my type of driving the old generation fits better to me ,plus the NSX 16 witch i leave it for the end .
Personally i just want to secure silver since gold from Selby is secure ( i guess ) and only one day left.

Don't want to disappoint you but i think for gold it will need more than 0.500 .
I came home before few hours and spent some time ( about an hour with intermissions like at cinema 😂 ) and leave it for tomorrow,after tomorrow and after the after etc.etc.
I bring the Lexus 430 down to 29.500 still slower than you and for my type of driving the old generation fits better to me ,plus the NSX 16 witch i leave it for the end .
Personally i just want to secure silver since gold from Selby is secure ( i guess ) and only one day left.
I know and you're 100% right, I want to be below 1:28.9xx for a "safe" gold. I need to work more seriously on my line of the final sector, and mostly T15 where I'm way too slow. Being over 0:40.xxx on the 3rd sector is fatal for gold.

Congrats for your nice score with the Lexus 430, that's very promissing for the next coming days. I'm sure you'll enter the yellow zone very soon, once again.

I'll rent one. I've got a GTI I bought a couple months back that would kill on the track but I want to run a prepped car. Haven't even looked into what the options are yet. Don't much care. There is also a rally school about 3 hours from me that's always been a wish... I've got time to figure it out. 🍻
Just sold my GTI (MK7, 6 speed, APR stage 1 tune) last Thursday..... already missing it 🫠

Back