Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,569 comments
Oh man... 3 pages... 3 full-of-details-pages.... I'd like to go through them but I'm sure that by the time I end there will be 4 pages.... 4-full-off-details-pages

1709660274991.png

@Barareklam: i'm really looking forward for your video

Considerations for you guys:
it looks that for Turn1,2,3 the keypoint are 1) getting the right apex speed (too much speed kills you) 2) reopen as early as possibile 3) trailbraking your way to the apex
This should be ordered by difficulty in my thoughts
That means that if you are not good at trailbraking (it's actually me), even though you loose a bit is more advisable to get 1) and 2) with "regular" breaking, than to try 3) and mess up the whole thing

looking at some posted videos it looks that there are 2 way to approach the double left in the infield. The more skilled go for the controlled oversteering, while the not-so-skilled (it's again me) are trying to induce the less oversteer possibile. Whenever I have oversteer there my speed dies. Problem is... I haven't found a consistent way to not produce it. I'm not obisously doing the same thing twice, as once I get through the turns smootly, and the next time I have oversteer. I haven't figure out yet why.

last 2 corners (actually the last one more than the second last) are very similar to the approach of Turn1,2,3 but starting from less speed, so the traibraking stuff is less important

Is all of this making sense or I'm looking at the wrong direction to improve my time?

Hey, I was paying attention to details too, previous time @Dan_Tes was on the ring, we didn't got any photos, so I am afraid we won't get any next time either, or, shall we? 😁
Hopefully we will, just like we got of the sexy ///M
Tips... 😂
🤣
Yes, I've hidden my deltas with cardboard and tape. Makes a huge difference with it hidden.
If only PD can implement this simple feature because now I'm going to have to explain to people why I have two pieces of cardboard taped to my screen. It's going to be a pain to remove it constantly so il let it be.

Hopefully we will, just like we got of the sexy ///M

🤣
Yes, I've hidden my deltas with cardboard and tape. Makes a huge difference with it hidden.
If only PD can implement this simple feature because now I'm going to have to explain to people why I have two pieces of cardboard taped to my screen. It's going to be a pain to remove it constantly so il let it be.
Some days the Delta pushes me other days it makes me push. Today is a good day. I found another 2 tenths at RBR if I can put it together. It's so exact...I love it.

Diolch yn fawr, fy ffrind! I wish I could say I was Welsh, mon ami; I am actually Dutch by birth but sadly just about as English as they come :scared:

In fact, I don't even live in Wales anymore having just moved back across the border :lol: most of my family still live in Wales though, and we do love it there; if anybody hasn't been it's a bloody fantastic country! The roads are also incredible almost the entire length of the country, some of the best driving roads in the UK :D

Speaking of driving; whilst I was feeling sorry for myself this morning I do have to remind myself I am picking up my DREAM CAR in the real world on Thursday, so maybe I should just remind myself that life is good and I am a very very very lucky boy :dunce:
I always take a trip round the Evo Triangle in North Wales and down towards the Mach Loop, great little road trips 👍🏻

Please don't tell me that you are part of cliosport.net too, everyone on there has gone from Clio's to either a BMW, Alfa or a Porsche Cayman now 😂

Enjoy the new car 😎

Hi everyone :)

I've decided to give another try to the Mitsub' with the objective to finish this TT in the 10.000th places.

The first laps were "complicated, as I'm really uncomfortable on the RBR and the car lacks of grip, thanks to these damned tyres.
Almost all my scores were over 1:48... :(

The 1st sector isn't my best friend: mini 27.xxx :ill:
The 2nd is "complicated", specially the 6th virage.
The 3rd is like a russian roulette: you brake and turn, hoping everything will be fine... :crazy:

Anyway, I've completed 3 sessions of 5/7 laps with various results.

Session 1.
Only once under 27.xxx (26.994) on the 1st sector.
2nd sectors mostly around 47.2xx
And the last one around 33.5xx

Session 2.
I had an excellent 1st sector (26.821) following by an excellent 2 sector (46.993) but sadly, I've completly messed up the last one (33.825) :guilty:
This gave me my first improvement: 1:47.639
On this session, my optimal was INCREDIBLE :eek:

1709669787248.png

Session 3.
Another light improvement in 1:47.629 with a promissing optimal :odd:
1709669747556.png

Ok, I've maybe gained only few hundredths today but the most important is the confidence on my ability to seriously lowered my current PB (and ranking).

1709669853936.png

When the planets will be.... bla bla bla... I should score somewhere around 1:47.250 or lower.

#KeepPushing

Last edited:
Hi everyone :)

I've decided to give another try to the Mitsub' with the objective to finish this TT in the 10.000th places.

The first laps were "complicated, as I'm really uncomfortable on the RBR and the car lacks of grip, thanks to these damned tyres.
Almost all my scores were over 1:48... :(

The 1st sector isn't my best friend: mini 27.xxx :ill:
The 2nd is "complicated", specially the 6th virage.
The 3rd is like a russian roulette: you brake and turn, hoping everything will be fine... :crazy:

Anyway, I've completed 3 sessions of 5/7 laps with various results.

Session 1.
Only once under 27.xxx (26.994) on the 1st sector.
2nd sectors mostly around 47.2xx
And the last one around 33.5xx

Session 2.
I had an excellent 1st sector (26.821) following by an excellent 2 sector (46.993) but sadly, I've completly messed up the last one (33.825) :guilty:
This gave me my first improvement: 1:47.639
On this session, my optimal was INCREDIBLE :eek:

View attachment 1334335

Session 3.
Another light improvement in 1:47.629 with a promissing optimal :odd:
View attachment 1334334

Ok, I've maybe gained only few hundredths today but the most important is the confidence on my ability to seriously lowered my current PB (and ranking).

View attachment 1334336

When the planets will be.... bla bla bla... I should score somewhere around 1:47.250 or lower.

#KeepPushing
Hej,
great results and I only show you a little picture to keep you pushing... 😙 (My Optimum was around 1:47:10...) See ya, mate!

Attachments

• 18e10704d6628-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18e10704d6628-screenshotUrl.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 7
I continue to push for improvement at Grand Valley.

Today I made it into the .6's but I want more. Broke my session into two stints today, 20 laps with no progress and later 30 laps with a new PB.

18e10d6391419-screenshotUrl.jpg
18e10d60e7745-screenshotUrl.jpg

Optimal lap is still Top 100. The Deuce has fresh oil and a wash for the last day and a final push to see what I can do.

zjn
Oh man... 3 pages... 3 full-of-details-pages.... I'd like to go through them but I'm sure that by the time I end there will be 4 pages.... 4-full-off-details-pages

View attachment 1334307

@Barareklam: i'm really looking forward for your video

Considerations for you guys:
it looks that for Turn1,2,3 the keypoint are 1) getting the right apex speed (too much speed kills you) 2) reopen as early as possibile 3) trailbraking your way to the apex
This should be ordered by difficulty in my thoughts
That means that if you are not good at trailbraking (it's actually me), even though you loose a bit is more advisable to get 1) and 2) with "regular" breaking, than to try 3) and mess up the whole thing

looking at some posted videos it looks that there are 2 way to approach the double left in the infield. The more skilled go for the controlled oversteering, while the not-so-skilled (it's again me) are trying to induce the less oversteer possibile. Whenever I have oversteer there my speed dies. Problem is... I haven't found a consistent way to not produce it. I'm not obisously doing the same thing twice, as once I get through the turns smootly, and the next time I have oversteer. I haven't figure out yet why.

last 2 corners (actually the last one more than the second last) are very similar to the approach of Turn1,2,3 but starting from less speed, so the traibraking stuff is less important

Is all of this making sense or I'm looking at the wrong direction to improve my time?
I had trouble with the double left in the infield too. What worked for me was this:
- there's a shadow on your right BEFORE the 50mts marker. I go full brake for a very small moment, release it and then I turn the car and try to keep the car on the green curbs in the inside of the turn. Small throttle inputs helps to get the car in the right position. As soon you see it's safe to hit the gas, go. The second left, I do the same. Full brake for a (very) small moment, turn, and get the car right to go full throtlle again. The reference for the 2nd left is the point where the curb on your right ends and you see the joint of the short circuit.

- in both turns, stay in 4th and don't gear down or up for anything in this earth. As you exit the infield, stay in 4th gear up to 172kms to maximize its power.

Last edited:
I continue to push for improvement at Grand Valley.
But why? It's not healthy to be so consumed by ambition. Be thankful for what you've achieved already and move on ;)

On to a completely unrelated topic: I sooo wanted that 1:45 at RBR. It showed up as my optimal pretty early the day before yesterday, but in a long session yesterday I only improved by a few hundredths to 1:46.117. I had most of the lap figured out, but T4 (the first of the double left) was a total lottery. One out of five laps I was satisfied with it, but I could never reproduce it.

So tonight I had another go. T4 finally clicked, and I thought it was a matter of a few laps now, but somehow I had unlearned how to approach the last two turns 😭

It's now 2 AM and I should definitely be in bed, but at least there is a happy end to this story:

1709686663226.png

I am at peace now and will sleep like a baby :)

Finally received my podium hub! Yeah I know it’s got the QR1, but I’ve got 4 wheels and will need to replace that over time. For now I’ve finally got my Black Friday kit together. 😎

As of yesterday I think I have sold gold in both of the current TT’s and that’s been thanks to everyone here. 🍻
IMG_4530.jpeg
IMG_4531.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally received my podium hub! Yeah I know it’s got the QR1, but I’ve got 4 wheels and will need to replace that over time. For now I’ve finally got my Black Friday kit together. 😎
I know it's a bit offtopic but I would really like to know how does the endurance button module work on PS in general and in GT7, do you have the option to map the buttons, does the funky switch work properly etc :) Thanks!

They were cool cars. It's too bad no one outside of VW fans really liked them
That's right, these VW are not loved and many of them have been aesthetically butchered... Rare are the Corrado still in original or very close condition.
I made the right decision not to buy this VR6 but I often regret it. A story not yet finished :)

Hey PD, we need/want the Corrado in GT7!!

I was awake fairly early this morning at 5:30 AM and couldn't sleep anymore so fill up the coffey cup and beep the white thing again...
Took me about 20 minutes to get comfy, heating in the house was working so the fingers had some feeling again...
But had a lot of trouble with ALL the tracklimits on RBR so thought ....maby i have to check first where i can cut and where not to...
I know it.... but maby not precise..., T1 feels like sometimes i'm getting invalidated when i am further to the tarmac than previous laps, but i had that same feeling with the Alfa here.

So started to push a little more on apexes to see what happens..

18e12af393f15-screenshoturl-jpg.1334447

T-Terror for start of the lap is way more than i expected........ but to throw it in the angle still remains a nightmare, you realy have create oversteer to nail it...but you clearly can cut half of the world to prevent getting to far out on the exit.

18e12af271897-screenshotUrl.jpg

T1 then..... sometimes when i have the feeling i'm comming in to hot i'll throw in 3th, i have the feeling i have a little more rotation and oversteer to clip the apex there on the inside but was faster in 4th on this lap, still wasn't my best tho.
But i asume the green is invalidaton here?, weird kind of tracklimit if you ask me??

18e12af0c5553-screenshotUrl.jpg

Same goes for T3 the hairpin, green is bad ...... but knowing this can realy make a difference, you can aply throttle on or just before apex due to turbo lag, and i could run of WAY further then expected..., that means more speed and no lift on the exit

18e12aefe9040-screenshotUrl.jpg

T6..... lawnmowing 3.0...this was not the pretiest with grass all around....., it was quick tho.... :lol: :lol:
this corner like many others stated before... is just weird, to much oversteer and you losse lots of time, but beeing this far left creates an oppertunity to go full throttle early and you don't have that much trouble beeing to far to the left and invalidate there, i tried braking without creating oversteer but still the fastest way is to trailbrake your way in and realy use that lift of the brake to rotate.
Very simple but difficult corner if you ask me.

So getting a better look at the tracklimits def helped me this morning, i took me some time but sort of got rewarded in the end.
Not my optimum yet but i finally got into the 45.4xx.... with a 1:45.450 ( after a 505....a 501.... and a 499. )

So stole a few places again :lol::lol:

18e1274ab0d54-screenshotUrl.jpg

Lawnmowing lap beneath....... and sort of need a new gearbox due to the brakingzone for T4.....
( tried to stay in 3th but i'm to inconsistent on the entry then for some reason ..)

Attachments

• 18e12af393f15-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18e12af393f15-screenshotUrl.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
small improvement last night.....

when I logged on, I saw that I was getting close to the 1,900th mark, so I had to go back...☹️

and after 167 kms, I managed to make up almost 1/10th with a lap in 1' 47.188.....with an optimized lap of 1' 46.904......mais.....☹️😄
at the time I did it, I was placed 1475th (400 places up!!!....😲😲...) and had already lost one place when I switched off the PS4....
and this morning, 22h before closing, I'm 1484th......bouhhh.....😭😭

it's not certain that I'll stay below 1500 but that's okay, I don't think I'll go back there....

Grandpa is very happy .....🥳😎😎😂😂

and as many people have said here, it's thanks to all the advice, videos and little tips on how to go faster that I've progressed and that I hope to continue .....

Thanks to all.....:gtpflag::gtpflag:

OK ninjas, I made a video that teach technique how to compare two lap replays in video editing app on mobile phone, in order to compare two laps and learn where and how to get faster.

First of all, I am not a “youtuber” but I did my best to make video as professional and educational as I could do with my current knowledge 😊 Video is targeting bronze and silver audience in order to help you guys get silver and gold medals.

Video comparison is made on current Time Trial on RB with Mitsubishi Lancer Evo.

So, this is what I have done. I have android phone and I have downloaded first PS app in order to be able to download lap replay videos to my phone.

Next thing I have installed an app named CapCut which is also free to download, you can use any you like if you want, I am just showing how to edit video on this app.

Basically you add two lap replays to video editing app, you align both cars to very same position on the track, just before every turn so you can scroll through the videos and study when fastest car is braking, how much, when he is releasing brake, which gear, when he is accelerating and compare it to how we are doing it in videos, and learn from him and try to replicate his moves in our next attempts. You scroll fast forward to next turn, faster car will now be ahead of us, we cut videos in order to align both cars again on same position on track so we can study in detail, brake, gears, accelerator and so on, so we repeat it for full lap and that is it. I export video and sometimes watch in in slow motion, example in video apps you can choose speed of playback, so I can have enough time to watch both at same time, or just pause video and watch it frame by frame, or call it meter by meter on the track 😊

I do not have ambitions to become someone on youtube, so I am not asking for likes or subscribers. I am just doing it for fun and to help you ninjas get faster. If I see that for some reason you guys press likes and subscribes maybe I can make more videos and show other things I might find interesting to share the knowledge for others.

I have created a separate thread for this video so we keep TT discussion here. If you want to ask something about video, ask there or comment on youtube whatever you find easier for you.

Good speed now and I hope you enjoy video and learn how to get gold medals.

Given your regular top 100 appearances, I think it is time you change your signature...

"DualSense, motion steering, manual transmission, hard difficulty. I am average driver, playing Gran Turismo since beginning 2022, B driver rating. GT7 100% Senior age person. PSN Highlanderlast"
Done, finally :D

Back