Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,963 comments
Here's the video guide for anyone who needs some tips. Also on the leaderboard the "Tidgney" account is my Pad lap if you want that ghost to follow, otherwise the Youtube_Tidgney is my wheel lap. 23's I can definitely see but it's quite a frustrating one as the car can easily oversteer!

Have fun!

Yes this car is real
View attachment 1345562
Circuit Pau-Arnos 🇨🇵
This car is crazy, I had the chance to do a one-day course with it!

well I think that not many people live in Switzerland but that might interest people in the area !

Lol, I'm always thirsty on Thursday. The Suzuka one is a tough one because I clocked a 1'47.354, and that's not even in the bronze territory. The hardest parts for me is the Sector 1 after the finish line. God, I've run 10 laps so far and they have been inbetween 1'47.354 and 1'49.550. This track is kicking my behind. I hope it's not gonna be another struggle this week.

I'm not a happy camper here, :irked:

This car is crazy, I had the chance to do a one-day course with it!

well I think that not many people live in Switzerland but that might interest people in the area !

Nice, not a fan of the xbow but didnt knew tcs was doing that.

As for my TT's, atm I'm kinda depressed by Suzuka. I could probably gold it if I take the time but I can't really be bothered since I'm mainly focusing on FF7 atm I got a solid silver (mid 1.40). Probably my first silver since October last year. Oh well.

Last edited:
Lol, I'm always thirsty on Thursday. The Suzuka one is a tough one because I clocked a 1'47.354, and that's not even in the bronze territory. The hardest parts for me is the Sector 1 after the finish line. God, I've run 10 laps so far and they have been inbetween 1'47.354 and 1'49.550. This track is kicking my behind. I hope it's not gonna be another struggle this week.

I'm not a happy camper here, :irked:
I was in the same boat as you as i started Suzuka, barely made it into the bronze times. Watching the video from @crome was a big help https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/time-trial-discussion.409515/post-14235274
Now i have silver, i'm sure you can do at least the same!

My marginal silver survived at Fuji (thankfully it looks like Jeddah sat this one out!) so am a million better off.
Really enjoying the X-Bow, seems to handle much better than I remember (thought it had a very slippery back end before - better check what assists I have on!).

Currently no bronze at Suzuka and it will probably stay that way, I have to muster up a lot of willpower to start that TT!

@Dan_Tes well deserved
Take Off Rocket GIF by European Space Agency - ESA

Crazy skill 🔥. I will never stop wondering how tf you can be so fast with D Pad and buttons for brake and throttle.. Gotta be a 👽

🤔😂
Yeah, watch my alien skill at Suzuka this week! I expect to be flying all over Mie Prefecture with this... thing. 🚀

But seriously, it's mainly combo dependent, some just work, others just doesn't. And basically all of them require s*itload of work to refine the way to steer them cars into obedience and throttle away into right line and speed. Most of the times it takes time and many laps to get into gold, then x times as many to work on improvements.
As long as I'm seeing progress or perspective of it - work is fine with me.
Found it strange that every one on my leaderboard has a ghost that I can load...
So I scrolled through the global rankings and it seems like everyone now has a ghost of their best lap automatically loaded.
There is a few that don't have a replay saved.. Very small percentage.
OMG, all my secrets are going to leak out! 😱

:lol::lol::lol:

That's interesting, maybe PD do read this space? But it's whole lot of replays, hopefully the servers can handle them all.

Last edited:
Found it strange that every one on my leaderboard has a ghost that I can load...
So I scrolled through the global rankings and it seems like everyone now has a ghost of their best lap automatically loaded.
There is a few that don't have a replay saved.. Very small percentage.

View attachment 1345595

View attachment 1345595
View attachment 1345596
That's a very cool change, hope it is a permanent thing and not some weird anomaly.

Last edited:
Here's the video guide for anyone who needs some tips. Also on the leaderboard the "Tidgney" account is my Pad lap if you want that ghost to follow, otherwise the Youtube_Tidgney is my wheel lap. 23's I can definitely see but it's quite a frustrating one as the car can easily oversteer!

Have fun!

love these catchy "quick 2 million credits" titles... where I will have to put whole week of work to get into gold :lol:

love these catchy "quick 2 million credits" titles... where I will have to put whole week of work to get into gold :lol:
yeah exactly. lol...

I posted a quick bronze time on the controller this morning. Should be able to get some wheel time in tonight. Super fun enjoyable time trial! I like how this car doesn't do something completely weird and unexpected every other lap! lol...

Last edited:
WOAH @Dan_Tes that is a killer awesome time at Fuji. You must have had all perfect lines for the whole track including the brutal Coca-cola corner and then Sector 3. Well done! Unfortunately I was 5 seconds behind you and the other guys but it's okay. I'm gonna have to take an advanced tutoring class to learn more advanced tricks and trail braking to break more records.

I mean 42 bronze is a lot, 17 silvers is fine, 4 gold is out of this world!! I've had to restart about 30 times now, this is ridiculous. The Mclaren VGT is much more powerful than the Ford GT-one. I keep hitting the tires, smashing the wall, going in the grass, going in the sand, etc. This is gonna be a total nightmare this week but I have no choice to do it for the money and rankings.

Well it's a full time job and a boat-load of work to perfect a lap in the gold territory, that's all I can say about it. Lol, I'm ashamed to post any videos yet, not until it's the perfect smooth lap I desire and want to show to the public. I'm not sure where I'll go with this one this week but I gotta make a move.

And any other equipment would be worse for me!

Last edited:
Well if it gets too hectic for me at Suzuka then I'm gonna have to pass, I don't usually like to quit but my time is valuable now. And I cannot waste it on something that stresses me out and hinders my schedule. I'll just have to keep grinding the WTC 800 race at Sardegna, you get 727,500k for doing 15 laps and it's a clean race bonus.

So completing it 3 times will get me 2.1 million credits.

Last edited:
Well if it gets too hectic for me at Suzuka then I'm gonna have to pass, I don't usually like to quit but my time is valuable now. And I cannot waste it on something that stresses me out and hinders my schedule. I'll just have to keep grinding the WTC 800 race at Sardegna, you get 727,500k for doing 15 laps and it's a clean race bonus.

Prepare yourself for Suzuka because it's the hardest one we had in a very long time imo, the new one is very doable Chris!

That's why I procrastinated until I couldn't anymore. The younger drivers are more afraid of Suzuka because of the length and complexity of the corners and turns. You have to find a very good rhythm of the first three chicanes before the Bridgestone landmark.

Last edited:
I had 3 cans of Tiger (beer) to pluck up courage for Suzuka again..... followed Tidgney (well, sort of 🤣) and finally sneaked just into bronze this evening. I hope the top time doesn't get any quicker as I really don't want to try it again!

I don't follow ghosts much (they are usually too far ahead to see what they're doing) so I put it on reset and 0.1 seconds ahead so it didn't put me off when it reappeared. I thought the ghost reset when it got so many seconds ahead, but noticed today it seems to come back in about the same spots. Does it reset when so far ahead or at the start of sectors?

I don't follow ghosts much (they are usually too far ahead to see what they're doing) so I put it on reset and 0.1 seconds ahead so it didn't put me off when it reappeared. I thought the ghost reset when it got so many seconds ahead, but noticed today it seems to come back in about the same spots. Does it reset when so far ahead or at the start of sectors?
Did you ever read the description for the reset ghost option? It resets the ghost at the start of every sector. ;)

Chris my friend only you can start one post with "I played so much I let my dinner go cold for an hour" and begin another with "My time is valuable now."

Not a fan of the cold meats and gravy I take it then?

Back