Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,868 comments
Oh the new TT is fun, but the car is a handful, I had to activate some assists...

Anyway a safe gold for me :

1000020807.jpg

I feel like I've gained a lot of skills by taking part in the GT7 Time Trials, and owe a lot of that to the amazing players who share their comments, feedback and replays here at GTP, so thank you all very much for that :cheers:

That said, one skill I never thought I would learn is being able to intuitively figure out what 103.1% of a number is.

Last edited:
I was supposed to drive x-bow at ra.. decided to give suzuka another go... and now I am internally conflicted. First stint, broken into 39's. Load Tidgney ghost and my best with gap to gold in front of me... and this is what it got me, something around 0.1-2s from gold. Some part of me (the ocd one) wants to give it some more time and break into gold, the other part of me ( the other ocd) wants to keep it within my set rules and forget about suzuka and move on. What I find odd.. this car drives strangely, it was more friendly and eager to my movements and inputs on second lap as though it needed prep lap. Just my subjective opinion. But that's where I got my pb's. And yes it was a short 300km stint on suzuka...
1000013793.jpg
1000013792.jpg

The X-BOW at Road Atlanta is probably the best TT in a long time. Great balance of power/weight/grip that allows us to throw the car around while remain in control. It just feels “real”, as in that is exactly how I would imagine a powerful light weight MR car would drive like on the track.

Really enjoying this TT! Now at 1:24.879 which is really close to my optimal time. Will probably load up more replays from others/watch more TT guides and see where I can gain more time.

IMG-9850.jpg

IMG-9851.jpg

A49-D3245-0689-4799-9-A54-9-D010-AE939-C5.jpg

The McLaren VGT at Suzuka will have to wait…still haven’t got that DRS button mapped!

The X-BOW at Road Atlanta is probably the best TT in a long time. Great balance of power/weight/grip that allows us to throw the car around while remain in control. It just feels “real”, as in that is exactly how I would imagine a powerful light weight MR car would drive like on the track.

Really enjoying this TT! Now at 1:24.879 which is really close to my optimal time. Will probably load up more replays from others/watch more TT guides and see where I can gain more time.

IMG-9850.jpg

IMG-9851.jpg

The McLaren VGT at Suzuka will have to wait…still haven’t got that DRS button mapped!

If I had to pick I'd say the Evo edges it for more time fun.

For driving fun the track day toy is awesome, although having driven a few radicals I'd expect a tad more from the front of the KTM. But it's a TT I will sweat 😝

Edit:

It's interesting the tracks they pick for the combos. I'd have thought a twistier circuit would have suited the KTM more especially with the longer straights at RA

Last edited:

I like that livery a lot. Gonna look it up...

Yeah, the Xbow is great. I really love all the track toy cars...Radical, Mono, Xbow. Enjoy them all a ton. I wish the Fireblade and the Rocket were in GT7 as well.

Last edited:
18ecef3bc7460-screenshotUrl.jpg
18ecf136de32-screenshotUrl.jpg
18ecef3d51529-screenshotUrl.jpg

That's more like it. This combo is awesome and very much reminds me of the Evo at RBR. I think I've got a 24 in me. I had a wicked lap going and caught a penalty but it would have been very very close. These were my optimals from the session with the .495

Edit to add a few laps later I found more. Super fun times. Can't wait to get the new rig tomorrow and see what that does to help my time 🤞👌👌

Nice to have an enjoyable one for a change.
Its a weird one this week. Currently P456 but only 2.11%

@330d Awesome Awesome lap in the time trial from hell.
I'm tempted to return but.... No!

View attachment 1345731
@Gogga thanks man. That lap was the culmination of many many laps that could've been. So many super fast sectors and never until today could I truly tie it together. I was being a caveman. That car doesn't like us. It prefers a very very and I mean very gentle right foot.

Last edited:
This is fun.

Did about 45 laps earlier (!). One of the very very few tracks I enjoy doing manual gears using a pad.

Managed a 1.26.2, however my "optimal" is a 1.25.4 (such is my inability to string a lap together). I either go way quicker on the delta and mess up the final chicane, or when I do a rubbish lap I blitz that final sector. So annoying!!!

Tomorrow morning I'm going to aim for the 1.25s and be happy with a 1.25.9 to be safe!!! After the Fujuka double I need to get back into the gold rush!

Yes, finally after Lap 54 I clocked a 1'45.854 so now I am officially in the bronze group. I watched a guy's replay who was in position 304th, he helped me figure out where to brake and clip the apexes. The two sweepers before the Bridgestone bridge are really tricky. They can ruin your lap if you're not careful!

I saved the replay in case I can't improve anymore for a while, but if I do better I'll show my recent best performance.

@ElectricNaz great time, I guess you're fairly new here, welcome to the GT club.

Finally tried this McLaren TT for about an hour, what a thoroughly unenjoyable experience it was :boggled:

Had a major brown trousers moment on my fastest lap so 38's should be possible, the ghost is 0.5s offset so it possibly cost me 4 tenths? Probably won't dedicate too much more time to this one as the Road Atalanta TT looks quite fun and this one is less-so..

love these catchy "quick 2 million credits" titles... where I will have to put whole week of work to get into gold :lol:
Haha, sorry there's only so many ways to label the time trial guide. But I do believe it would be quicker to earn credits here than the last one that's for sure.
I just watched @Tidgney lap, thanks for that mate, I have to change some gearing by the looks of it, that's hopefull 🤣🤣🤣
Maby 24's are possible then 😁
Glad it's of help! I went a bit quicker before, before I did a wheel switch for my ACC race this weekend. I'm tempted to start putting even more effort into the ones I enjoy and trying to stay in top 10 but we'll see.

Another Thursday, another Gold !!
View attachment 1345789

Wait, what's this....wrong week, how did that get in here?...😂😂😂....i did sneak into Gold at Fuji,not worthy of a picture though,and as for the new TT, i'm in for now but i'm going to have to be better....and i'm struggling hard at Suzuka,still over half a second out...
View attachment 1345795
WOAH, you were 15th there!! You must have had a stiff strong hand, like Solid Snake when he holds the gun a long time in a perfect angle.

Last edited:
After the humbling batch of laps at Suzuka, I was much surprised to knock down a silver in my first session of 20 with "Slidey Kate". So, I went in for another batch of 15 and sneaked into gold territory. Ain't but 2/100ths from droppin' back to silver so I took her on a 3rd date. Another 20, chasin' my ghost and did not improve. Reckon I'll give this another go, sans ghostie, later this week or next.

Back