Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,573 comments
This TT is much better! :dopey: Did my lap before watching the guides. Some gear adjustments will be made, notably more 4th gear exits. Also, this was roughly 4 hours ago, so it wouldn't surprise me if I've been dropped from the top 500.
IMG_3053.jpg

53647979721_c261c23261_o.jpg

I don't think I'll ever get into the top 100 again. Anyway I was starting to get PTSD from the dreadful time trial around here with the X2019 Competition in late 2022, but I pretty quickly got over it because the KTM is slower and way more fun to drive. Time trials don't have to be a pain in the butthole!

This TT is much better! :dopey: Did my lap before watching the guides. Some gear adjustments will be made, notably more 4th gear exits. Also, this was roughly 4 hours ago, so it wouldn't surprise me if I've been dropped from the top 500.
View attachment 1345833

What'd you think about the Suzuka one. I am not enjoying it, however I did manage to clock a 1'45.854 several hours ago. I think I'm safe for now. I dislike the sweepers in Sectors 1 and 2, it gets me nervous and antsy trying to keep the monster car on the road! Sector 3 can be risky because if I go too fast I risk going off the edge into the sand trap. You guys know where that is, a little while after the Bridgestone bridge and the U-turn.

Last edited:
Let me join the choir of those praising this new combo, it's really a lot of fun. I have to admit it took some time to rewire my brain after the McLaren VGT 😄 (I think it will be hard to go back and forth between the two, so I will probably close the Suzuka chapter after perhaps one more stint).

1712895583796.png

It wasn't a long session, but in the end it started to click and I arrived at a 1:25.700, enough for a solid gold. Since thankfully this has become more regular for me in the last few months, I kind of started to aim for a top 1,000 spot which I still can't achieve consistently. In my estimate, at least a low 1:25.3, better 1:25.2 would be necessary for this here. I think that's achievable, but will be tough (just like a good goal should be 😉) ... fingers crossed.

Everyone gets a replay this time I guess?! It's weird but it's cool.
Yeah, I like that a lot. What's with the few people who don't have a replay - on my board only @Gomario JSP and @skydragon49 - was this a conscious choice or some sort of glitch?

It seems like you guys are enjoying that new X-bow TT a lot. I may have to join tonight, I'm really losing patience at Suzuka. The car is not cooperating with me whenever I try to make a sharp turn. I mean 1137HP is an awful lot of power and downforce which makes it extremely difficult to score a good lap without getting penalized!

Last edited:
It seems like you guys are enjoying that new X-bow TT a lot. I may have to join tonight, I'm really losing patience at Suzuka. The car is not cooperating with me whenever I try to make a sharp turn. I mean 1137HP is an awful lot of power and downforce which makes it extremely difficult to score a good lap without getting penalized!
I enjoyed Suzuka as well for very different reasons (although admittedly I am in the minority here), but there's no question that the new one is much more fun in the traditional sense ;)

Of course it would be fun as the X-bow has 10 times less HP as the Mclaren VGT does. That's why I'm not really a fan of most of the Vision cars. They are too quick to handle plus they pack a punch when hitting the wall or other cars. If I have time before bed this morning I'll do a couple laps at M.A.R.

Last edited:
Did 160km yesterday in the X-Bow. The first 10 laps felt like driving the "KTM lawn mower", regarding the time i spent on the green parts of the track! Those blind corners were killing me.
The car is quite fun to drive and to me it's realy surprising how much the downshift from 5 to 4th in turn 1 helps turning the car. Never felt it this extrem before in other cars.
As i get used to the car and those ... corners, i ended up with 1sec to gold.
Watching all your replays i wonder, how you manage to keep the car so controlled? I'm in a constant fight with it to go into the direction i want it to.
Another thing that my mind is struggling with is, how is accelerating in 4th faster than in 3rd? Is that because of the special game physics? Because in real life road cars i never had that.

What are you talking about? Suzuka was easy (kidding). All I needed to go gold was 2 timed laps... and 100km of complete failure in between those laps. :lol:

2.4% of the top. I hope it holds because the top 10 times seemed quite spread out. Luckily, Jeddah was there to bring consistent quality to top times.

How that car can be so ass to drive trough 130r...

What a blast to drive compared to the previous TT's, handles like a charm, perfectly balanced car to yeeeet around the track!
Loaded up GT7 this morning after the GT7-Alarm-O-600 clock went of.. seeing myself all the way down on the leaderboard, not even sandwiched between the Muffin and @Dolph Drago but waaay down...

Luckly i found some time with all credits to @Tidgney :):), man... what would we do without you :bowdown:

Altho i had a realy bad S1 with .3xx i found some to exiting the hard right before the backstraight
Still a bit of a messy lap but glad i made it into the 24's :)

18ed11130e498-screenshotUrl (1).jpg

18ed1113bf474-screenshotUrl.jpg

@crome I have no idea how that happend with the replay, my first stint yesterday was placed 6 due to the early start and had a replay immidiately, now it seems to be gone, same for @Evilmuffin that's the only one without replay on my list so not a choice from my side :)

As promised, I picked it up again straight after I woke up.

Down from a 1.26.2 to a 1.25.8 and into the top 1000 - should be safe but I do think I've got 1.25.2 in me based on sector times over the last couple of days. Might get the wheel and pedals out this weekend as this is genuinely really fun, I don't mind grinding for lap time when it's enjoyable like this.

As a contrast, I'm bronze and just 2 tenths off silver at Suzuka and I genuinely don't think I can be bothered to go for it, I'd rather just do a Le Mans 30 minute procession race again for basically the same reward lol

Mini session last night:
about fifty laps at Suzuka and about ten at Road Atlanta.

Suzuka: Of those 50 laps I will have completed maybe 5, and the vast majority don't go beyond Degner. I know I can improve my PM because I improved some details in the second half of the track. The problem is getting there on a decent lap. It's not that I have a lot of gold expectations, in fact, given the overall results, I really don't, but I'd like to file down a few tenths.

Road Atlanta: I like the track a lot, the limit to be found in the first corner, the blind turn at the top of the hill, the following downhill, the second hairpin turn, and the final up and down. I don't know, maybe it's my favorite track. Here, it would be nice if in addition to being favorite, it was also my strong point. Let's say I have to work on it....

The car is not bad, I had never tried it. I thought it was more like the BAC, and instead it is much more drivable.
Now I have to learn how to let the car slide. I always have a tendency to react to keep a neutral behavior which doesn't pay much here. Do you have any suggestions for "mentally accepting" that the car can slide and that this does not necessarily mean a loss of control? I don't know how to explain it better, but I think it is first a mental issue than a technical one.

By the way: driven by curiosity, I wondered why in the midst of all those curves with non-people's names in Suzuka, there is this curve with a name I had never heard of
Degner's story is most interesting, even if he is missing two wheels compared to the standards to which we are accustomed

This one really is refreshing after all that downforce we've had lately. I could not fall asleep last night, so got back to the KTM.
Only used the Dualsense thus far with no assists.
Curious to know if CSA will have any effect on lap times with the wheel.

Happy Lapping Everyone!

18ed125163b71-screenshotUrl.jpg

I really enjoyed this one, I started out feeling unsure about it as I could never nail that blind corner near the start of the circuit but once I figured that out it started to flow a little better. I got into the 1:27s within 8 or so laps before I had to log off for the day, I could probably manage a gold time with a bit more practice but I likely won't bother.

EDIT: I had no idea you could cut the entry to the chicane so aggressively!

Last edited:
I just noticed that. Love it!

I still don’t know how certain people prevent their replay from showing. I think they should be disqualified. @EbrahimX7 i’m looking at you!
The ones who do plagiarism should be disqualified too 😂 i have a patent xD. Btw to prevent it from showing is simply click restart lap after the lap is done. Very simple haha

Last edited:
Did 160km yesterday in the X-Bow. The first 10 laps felt like driving the "KTM lawn mower", regarding the time i spent on the green parts of the track! Those blind corners were killing me.
The car is quite fun to drive and to me it's realy surprising how much the downshift from 5 to 4th in turn 1 helps turning the car. Never felt it this extrem before in other cars.
As i get used to the car and those ... corners, i ended up with 1sec to gold.
Watching all your replays i wonder, how you manage to keep the car so controlled? I'm in a constant fight with it to go into the direction i want it to.
Another thing that my mind is struggling with is, how is accelerating in 4th faster than in 3rd? Is that because of the special game physics? Because in real life road cars i never had that.
Trail braking is key with this car and a higher gear on exit than you think helps as well in most cases. It's such a light car that what you lose on initial acceleration in the higher gear, you get back on the long end.

Try some assists if you are having a hard time keeping the rear end behind you. CSA and ASM have been helpful with certain cars lately. This one may like the assists as well. Modern cars are built to use them, even on track.

Trail braking is key with this car and a higher gear on exit than you think helps as well in most cases. It's such a light car that what you lose on initial acceleration in the higher gear, you get back on the long end.

Try some assists if you are having a hard time keeping the rear end behind you. CSA and ASM have been helpful with certain cars lately. This one may like the assists as well. Modern cars are built to use them, even on track.
For sure assists can be helpful with that one, I tried ASM + CSA weak to see, went from 1:25.9 to 1:25.3 within 3-4 laps.

@Gogga thanks man. That lap was the culmination of many many laps that could've been. So many super fast sectors and never until today could I truly tie it together. I was being a caveman. That car doesn't like us. It prefers a very very and I mean very gentle right foot.
I know that I can be faster but I have zero motivation to try. Hats off to you for being able to tie all your fastest sectors together.

There is time in the lap for me as my fastest lap is not made up of my fastest sector 1. I have also been faster through 130R, but that's a gamble.
Sector 1 is very tricky as I find it difficult to be consistent through the S Curves. Higher gears work better for me. At one stage I was even using 5th gear through there.

I know all to well what you mean about the gentle right foot. Endless laps spinning out. To keep my sanity, I resorted to TC1 and CSA strong.
Those crazy lap times using zero assists on this one really blow my mind! Definately not from this planet.

MT would really help me in the KTM. Getting the car to turn through changing gears and the aggressive motor-breaking in videos looks much better that what i am experiencing.
I think on pretty much every one of my laps so far I've been bouncing off the rev limiter in 3rd as I brake for the chicane! However the main advantage would be to be able to exit corners in 4th. It helps a lot here.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back