Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,725 comments
10 more laps at Big Willow, this time following @Metalgear9493's ghost (sorry @Pesselles you are to slow 😁 )

And as suspected yesterday, I got gold pretty "easily" (lap 1 was already a 1:35.354, close)
View attachment 1373054

I surely can do better but not sure I'll insist much, I have long days at the moment so I need something relaxing more than a sometimes really frustrating TT.

42 laps total (and a few failed 1st laps where I restarted)

But the result I am most happy about is that I am (for now) 4210th in the world, my best placement ever and first time in top 5000.

Hip Hop Happy Dance GIF
That's excellent, bravo mon ami!!!

leonardo dicaprio bravo GIF

Forgive me if my ghost is too slow ;)

10 more laps at Big Willow, this time following @Metalgear9493's ghost (sorry @Pesselles you are to slow 😁 )

And as suspected yesterday, I got gold pretty "easily" (lap 1 was already a 1:35.354, close)
View attachment 1373054

I surely can do better but not sure I'll insist much, I have long days at the moment so I need something relaxing more than a sometimes really frustrating TT.

42 laps total (and a few failed 1st laps where I restarted)

But the result I am most happy about is that I am (for now) 4210th in the world, my best placement ever and first time in top 5000.

Hip Hop Happy Dance GIF
Of course , bravo mon ami !!!!👏👏👏👏
France ATTACK !!!!!

@Talon16 Yeah, these cyborg aliens are out of this world for me, xD. Even Lewis Hamilton may not be able to outsmart them. Well I need to stick with what's best for me, MT gets me distracted by shifting the gears up and down, I need to focus on the road by not having to do that extra work. So, I'll just stick with AT for now. When I get more comfortable and older I'll switch back using the manual.

Man, I've got to keep pushing as long as I can, less than five hundredths of a second away from passing the gold zone. Anybody got a replay that clocked anywhere between 1'35.000-1'35.250? If not, that's okay. I watched @Dan_Tes 's replay and his car went in the sand some but did not get a penalty, that's how he got up to 133-135mph when taking that turn.

@Ian JB hello, what was your Big Willow time? I know you use a wheel, right?
Hello Chris,

I am, currently, 1:34:626 at Big Willow. I have one more window of opportunity to improve. My chances of improvement are slim but possible. My wife, the dogs and the dinner preparation are only 3 of 4 obstacles. The 4th is the last corner at Big Willow.

Dum spiro spero!

Best regards to all here.

Ian

Jeez, 11 pages since my last post! And unfortunately my time behind the wheel currently is as limited as my participation here in this thread. I'll spare you the boring reasons, but it is definitely not by choice.

Until today I only managed one session for each of the current TTs, which is a shame considering there are again a whopping 13 GTP leaderboard members in the top 100 at Big Willow 🔥🔥🔥, and @330_D looks set to receive his second 👽 badge in a row while I'm barely into gold. Slow down man! 😂

Anyway, I had a little bit of time tonight, and since I was out of gold at Fuji, I thought I should better fix this before the physics update hits on Thursday because, who knows, perhaps it'll make lap times slower ...

So, nothing to brag about, but at least two safe-ish golds. Hope I can get back into ATTACK !!! mode next week.

1721173376186.png

Jeez, 11 pages since my last post! And unfortunately my time behind the wheel currently is as limited as my participation here in this thread. I'll spare you the boring reasons, but it is definitely not by choice.

Until today I only managed one session for each of the current TTs, which is a shame considering there are again a whopping 13 GTP leaderboard members in the top 100 at Big Willow 🔥🔥🔥, and @330_D looks set to receive his second 👽 badge in a row while I'm barely into gold. Slow down man! 😂

Anyway, I had a little bit of time tonight, and since I was out of gold at Fuji, I thought I should better fix this before the physics update hits on Thursday because, who knows, perhaps it'll make lap times slower ...

So, nothing to brag about, but at least two safe-ish golds. Hope I can get back into ATTACK !!! mode next week.

View attachment 1373086
Welcome back. I was wondering where you went to. Which TT did you have more fun with? I wonder how many laps it took @Gogga to get his time. And I'm sure he uses a wheel to be that precise on the corners and turns. Well I tried at Big Willow, it didn't work out for me this go-round. I was six-hundredths short from getting the gold time.

Day 2 at the desert...
TT-BigWillowMerc-almost2.jpg

Two tenths improvement, but...

I don't see that 33 coming unless a wonder lap happens (still not in the optimals).
That was very good sector 1, a so-so sector 2 (usually I just slide off the track before Monroe Ridge) and sub-standart last turn (I saw that delta bleeding out). Will try again tomorrow.

Did I mention I hate this track?

Day 2 at the desert...
View attachment 1373095

Two tenths improvement, but...

I don't see that 33 coming unless a wonder lap happens (still not in the optimals).
That was very good sector 1, a so-so sector 2 (usually I just slide off the track before Monroe Ridge) and sub-standart last turn (I saw that delta bleeding out). Will try again tomorrow.

Did I mention I hate this track?
You're not alone, I hate Sectors 2 and 3 with a passion. I couldn't even get gold when my time is 1'35.926. I hate to give up but I've reached my limit here (did 522 laps total). Well I won't post here for a couple days, I need to take a rest from the TT's. They can push a person to the edge if they do too many laps. I want to say that we had this same car at Grand Valley last May, I have a photostatic memory and can remember most things in general.

Lol, I don't have a clue how Dan got those lines perfectly, I could not copy one single thing he did, but I think he might be using a wheel as I am a controller(DS4) user.

Last edited:
Well, color me surprised at Fuji. I missed multiple apexes and slid around like a dog running around a hard floor. But somehow it was a pickup of a tenth and a half, as I had by far my best sector 3. I would've had a sub 21 if I had my first sector from yesterday's time. I'll give it another go at some point, but I clearly need to get back to Willow since everyone and their grandma in this thread has turned into aliens and are in the top 100. @Gogga, that sector 3 time is insane! :eek: What exactly did they probe you with when you got abducted? :lol:
IMG_3379.jpg

Ok so fingers crossed I’m safely back in gold.
View attachment 1373102View attachment 1373103
Great job there, I wonder what happened on your 2nd lap. Maybe you drove off the track? Because four of your laps were void. I'm fixing to go to bed, did you hear about @Gogga 's insane time? I wonder if the aliens abducted him and gave him superpower strength, xD. No puns intended.

I really wish I could have had more patience with Big Willow, I would have earned my 7th gold. I felt like the car's weight was heavy because it was a chore to turn the thing and then point the car in the direction I wanted to go. It annoyed me at times during some of my laps.

I really need to get caught up with all the posts I've missed over the past 18 months, I need any bits of info and advice to make me a faster and more consistent driver.

So, bye everyone.

Great job there, I wonder what happened on your 2nd lap. Maybe you drove off the track? Because four of your laps were void. I'm fixing to go to bed, did you hear about @Gogga 's insane time? I wonder if the aliens abducted him and gave him superpower strength, xD. No puns intended.

I really wish I could have had more patience with Big Willow, I would have earned my 7th gold. I felt like the car's weight was heavy because it was a chore to turn the thing and then point the car in the direction I wanted to go. It annoyed me at times during some of my laps.

I really need to get caught up with all the posts I've missed over the past 18 months, I need any bits of info and advice to make me a faster and more consistent driver.

So, bye everyone.
Thanks Chris. This is a difficult track for me and I’m glad just to squeeze in.

Don’t focus on the number of laps or hours. Just do a few then take a walk or sit outside and listen to the birds chirping. Well that’s a couple of things I enjoy.

Enjoy and good luck in the tt’s. Cheers 🍻

Man, I've got to keep pushing as long as I can
There's no point pushing if you're just driving around aimlessly and not paying attention to the things you could be doing better. You need to use your time more effectively if you're going to get good results. The most important aspect isn't physical endurance, but mental concentration because if you lose focus, you're going to make a mistake - no matter how strong you are.

Back