Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,631 comments
Having been off the game for a while but jumped on with my Abroad account last night and noticed the TTs were to expire within a couple hours. I managed to knock out a Gold with the BMW.

IMG_8323.jpeg

Then switched to RA. Yeah, not so good at that one. It was a struggle just to get into Bronze.

IMG_8324.jpeg

Last edited:
After a few laps reached a time of 1:23:975 which is just shy of Silver.

Once I reached the threshold of my performance, I went to the replays & saw Youtube The Kie25's fastest lap replay as I always check his guide to gold suggestions. One thing is for sure, M/T will be much faster than A/T for me mainly through the slow corners. I love when given a way to improve either due to gear selection or just reference points on the track to brake or turn even.

I just wish we had another track instead of Fuji like Trial Mountain or Le Mans or Watkins Glen or even a long version of Stage X (it's there for the Porsche race in the weekly races).

The results for TT85 and TT86 are over on the other thread.

I've also updated the opening post with the index of TTs and the second post with the community leader boards.

Interim Results for TT87 at Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow in the Mercedes-Benz 300 SL (W194) '52.

1720714301613.png
1720714324947.png

1720714347816.png
LB.png
Interim.png

TTC.png

Attachments

• TT87-static.xlsx
    34 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Well I'm not a fan of Fuji, nor of modern F1 cars...so yeah. I did a few trial runs on the controller after my morning Sardegna grind and didn't even crack bronze. I should have one last session tomorrow night with the wheel rig to try and at least claim silver before I head off to the wilderness for most of the next week.

Happy to see my gold at RBR held up against the last-second super hero. I do feel for the hundreds (thousands?) who got knocked down or even out of a medal so a guy can get his bragging rights.
Yeah lol I'm really glad I improved my time last night or I might have been one of those. I even had checked at like 220am EST and Jeddah still was the top time, so this guy truly improved it at the last possible minute.

Was this the same guy that improved the WR time at Barcelona two weeks ago at the very end?

I remember getting within the gold threshold for that by like a few thousandths of a second a few days prior to it ending, then tried for like 2 hours the last night to improve without success before giving up around 1AM when I was still technically in gold. I was walking upstairs to go to bed around 215 or so and checked the gran-turismo website to see if I was still good and saw someone improved the time and had knocked me out of gold. Somehow I summoned the power of the GT gods and gave it one last push and finally lowered my previous best by 3 tenths and got back in gold with like 10 mins to go.

Moral of the story, STOP IMPROVING THE WR WITH AN HOUR TO GO, lol! I wanna be able to go to sleep and not worry! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Had to whip out the wheel for this one. Been playing nothing but iRacing with it lately so going back to GT7 on wheel was absolutely bizarre. Braking is just a completely different beast - funnily enough something the next patch will seem to address to bring it more in line with iRacing!

Settled on a 1:21.4 that I will probably leave it as.. I don't particularly like how high downforce feels in GT7 so fingers crossed that is a safe time.

he results for TT85 and TT86 are over on the other thread.
Damn...

Again 108th on GTP leaderboard, despite all my efforts to reach gold at RBR (best lap 1:00.399 <-> Gold 1:00.256) and 19319th in the world (much better than my average)

And at RA where I barely made 16 laps, I am 90th on the leaderboard (but less people from here did it, otherwise I would have been much lower).

And at the moment, with only 22 laps, on my best ranking ever at BW (but people will focus more on it now, especially with the new TT that will have the same success as the one at RA)

Thanks for all your stats again !

Last edited:
Please please please,
View attachment 1371544
And DRIVEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!
sorry to be a bit rude @Chris30 but this is not a social feed. Keep your problems to yourself or talk elsewhere
Lol, HEY! You were kinda harsh, sorry. I'm human and I make mistakes too. But you are an excellent driver and I admire all of your runs for each TT. So, truce? I think the SF trial will be fun too, they have powerful downforce and have quick braking involved. So, take care and enjoy your day/night.

Improved to 2nd on the leaderboard with this lap of a 1'32.714

View attachment 1371769

Had a lap that was on pace for a high .5 but bottled it at the final corner🥴.
Maaan as much as I enjoy the challenge it's started taking the toll of me 🥵

I was giving it a go right after finishing with the new Fuji TT, and eventually the game suggested a theoretical .627 (even if my concentration would have to rise into Goku level xD).

Unfortunately that lap went into the bin as the last corner has become a Joker scenario: aka I turn the stick and the car either grips sufficiently in good speed or just understeers into the sand oblivion... And that's not a part I enjoy.

In any case, whoever takes P2 it'd be 100% deserved. I'll still equal my all-time best TT result if I end up P3 – IIRC it was again at Willow Springs, just the twisting layout. 😊

I turn the stick ...
I wonder if you have same controller sensitivity settings for Fuji TT and Merc Willow Springs TT ?
( I am on gyro so it's not same thing but Fuji steering sensitivity 10, Willow Springs on -2, plus I do change FFB max Torque and FFB sensitivity too since they do have effect on steering on gyro, you know best if they do have effect when on stick)

I wonder if you have same controller sensitivity settings for Fuji TT and Merc Willow Springs TT ?
( I am on gyro so it's not same thing but Fuji steering sensitivity 10, Willow Springs on -2, plus I do change FFB max Torque and FFB sensitivity too since they do have effect on steering on gyro, you know best if they do have effect when on stick)
I almost never change the controller settings nor I bothered with the two FFB options as they effectively do nothing when steering with the sticks. Sensitivity at 10 all the time.

Back