Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 30,261 comments
I shouldn't say that but 1:03.1xx is really impressive - You're minimum 0.5 sec faster than me here :nervous: I MUST improve that damned 2nd sector, before it's too late...

The last corner isn't that hard to me (I'm usually in 30.6xx on the 3rd sector). Take a look at my replay, if you need help (which I doubt). If you nail this one, you're barely in 1:33.7xx.

I wish you the very best :) (but not the very fast^^)
Yes 1.03.1xx was by far my best effort usually my good ones are more like 1.03.5xx.
But 1.33.9xx should be in range.
Anyway I have to thank you for your 1.34.0xx it still motivated me 😄

He's a poser! Reality is this 😎
mean marc anthony GIF by Looney Tunes

New PB of 1'25.943. I saved the lap in the showcase if anybody wants to take a look. Or I can record it like I usually do, but I'll have to edit/clip any unnecessary footage, like @Lomic told me to do.

@Uday9479 great time mate, you had to drive that many laps? Durn I've been doing 2-3 at a time and then I'll restart the session from scratch. So I may be able to pick up a silver medal if I can stay smooth on the track and not let the car over or understeer while turning.

Hey everyone, please listen to what I have to say.

You know what, to be honest, I really don't want to exert anymore energy on the RBR TT, it's not worth putting stress on my hands and body, see my fingers and thumbs are sore from pressing the buttons so much the past week. I hope my silver time holds, 1'01.354. I was lucky and fortunate to get that far, so.

I'm jealous that I can't be better than most people on here, sigh. But, you know I'm gonna have to let that ego go. I let my personal hygiene go by wasting 80-90 hours a week on gt7 for a year and a half, and still I could not make huge amounts of progress, I need to shave and get in the shower. I may have to go back to using the ghosts, cause I have to remember a lot of things while watching a replay. Here is the real me, if most of you haven't seen.

View attachment 1371506

See my face breaking out a lot, that's what severe stress will do. I got frustrated sevreal times on the past recent 7-8 TT's and threw the controller and some of my games at the wall, thankfully nothing broke, but I have anger issues. Whenever I can't achieve or do something I throw a fit. If I can't apply and understand what advice/tips you guys give me, then I'm gonna have to give up. I don't want to but if the TT's aren't fun then I'm gonna have to find my stopping point.

See, here again I ran 294 laps at RBR and did not earn gold. Forget RA and that ****, I quit there about a week ago.

I watched Evilmuffin's, Dan's, Dolph's, crome's, and Gomario's replays and still could not duplicate what they did with the gear shifting. I stayed up for 2 days at one point to study YT videos and guides, and it still got me nowhere. I know me whining and complaining about this is not setting a good example for here, but I am frustrated, overwhelmed, stressed and agitated. I am human and I have feelings on it. Damn, I just want to throw this controller and just get a pad or wheel.

Sigh, it's so hard to stay calm in this situation, my mom complains about me not pulling my weight around the house, she does 70% of the work and I lounge around playing video games 15-20 hours a day. She said she would cut the internet off if I didn't start curbing my time which I don't think is fair either. Nothing is fair for me in this world. I'm sorry for the long replay but I have been holding it inside me the past year and I couldn't hold it anymore, I'm angry and stressed and I don't know what I could do to learn all the tricks necessary for the harder TT's.

EDIT: And sometimes I'll post stuff like I got a new PB, but no one responds or acknowledges it, they just post likes or emojis.
Chris, I've been away for a few days and trying now to catch up with posts. Not got there yet but saw this.
Please remember a couple of things:

This is a game, and meant to be enjoyed.
People have different in-built skills which can make them excel at any particular task.
Other people do not have that in-built skill, but enjoy it anyway.

For example, I love driving in Gran Truismo. I am not a natural racing driver, and will always be beaten soundly by others. But I don't care because I enjoy trying.
I love drawing, but I'm no Leonardo Da Vinci - so what, I love doing it.
I am now loving mixing tracks in Logic - but I am way behind the Beatles. Again, so what.

On the other hand, I have a job and years of experience has made me pretty skilled at what I do.

So the point is, try not to become despondent because you don't, presently, match the skills of the Aliens. You probably never will because it's not in your DNA. Then again, with practice, you might. Who knows.

You have far more golds and silvers than I do, and you should be really proud of what you've achieved, well done!

I've not really had the feeling for playing GT7 recently but gave the 300SL a go today and was in silver on the first try but really hated it.

Made a few controller feedback changes and ended up getting gold.... and then getting carried away improving.

Realised I was near the top 1000 so continued on.

Then realised that @Pesselles had been doing so damn well that I needed to catch him.... My optimal is there but I failed to get it 🤣

1000010088.jpg
1000010089.jpg

Then some lunatic comes along 😝 and pushes their way inbetween us both and knocks me into the devil's corner
1000010090.jpg

1000010091.jpg

This lap was the first in session 9 and then I just lost it and.... well you know me by now.... I just decided to have some fun for the replays thumbnail, but then instead of clicking save best lap I clicked start by accident which meant I couldn't save the replay 😭 oh well.
1000010092.jpg
1000010093.jpg
1000010094.jpg
1000010095.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

Wise words indeed from an old sea dog!!! Wise words indeed!

I will be as happy as a pig in it when Big Willow ends! Managed to get it down to a 1:34:6xx. It is going to have to stay there too. That last corner is the only thing between me and a highest ever placing. I just cannot get it right.

I have been chasing the ghost of a very well known member here. I am with him, or even just in front, for almost the whole lap. Then that last right hander gets in my way.

One more "bash" at it tomorrow then no more - maybe - sort of - possibly - could be - probably....

Best regards to all here.

Ian

Last edited:
New PB of 1'25.943. I saved the lap in the showcase if anybody wants to take a look. Or I can record it like I usually do, but I'll have to edit/clip any unnecessary footage, like @Lomic told me to do.

@Uday9479 great time mate, you had to drive that many laps? Durn I've been doing 2-3 at a time and then I'll restart the session from scratch. So I may be able to pick up a silver medal if I can stay smooth on the track and not let the car over or understeer while turning.
Thanks Mate. I don't restart as I like to view & see the cumulative of all my best sectors which would account for my optimum best. I don't like this TT at all but because it's a SF car which kind of feels like an F1 car whose games I play if not GT7, I tried this TT today.

I'll probably again try Willow TT again tomorrow as it's so satisfying to mildly drift through the long corners. I'm a laidback guy so like cars that aren't too fast to master or move around.

I've not really had the feeling for playing GT7 recently but gave the 300SL a go today and was in silver on the first try but really hated it.

Made a few controller feedback changes and ended up getting gold.... and then getting carried away improving.

Realised I was near the top 1000 so continued on.

Then realised that @Pesselles had been doing so damn well that I needed to catch him.... My optimal is there but I failed to get it 🤣

View attachment 1372172View attachment 1372173

Then some lunatic comes along 😝 and pushes their way inbetween us both and knocks me into the devil's corner
View attachment 1372174
View attachment 1372175

This lap was the first in session 9 and then I just lost it and.... well you know me by now.... I just decided to have some fun for the replays thumbnail, but then instead of clicking save best lap I clicked start by accident which meant I couldn't save the replay 😭 oh well.
View attachment 1372179View attachment 1372180View attachment 1372181View attachment 1372182
I wish you luck at Big Willow :) The German granny is touchy and it's really not easy to nail the 3 sectors to join the "Sub 1:34" club. I guess you'll join this very select club before me.

Ohh and to boost your "fighting spirit" mood, I'm so happy to share this lovely map showing who each country will be supporting in the Euro 2024 final... :sly:

1720880817826.png

New test today in Fuji and improve my time at 1'21'380 🥳🥳🥳😂😂

I've started to watch the video. It's worse than expected :scared:
My eyes started to bleed after the first corner. How is it possible?
At the end on the second sector, my soul was in the 4th dimension.
I've closed the video before the end (0.464 is a very nice improbement, bravo mon pote).

You guys who fight at Fuji: you're all.... :(

Youre Crazy Season 3 GIF by The Office

Hi folks

I’m back again for my first bash at the new trial. Super Formula at Fuji? Am I in heaven?! 😍😂 I can only imagine how unpopular this combo is and a few years ago (as @half_sourly pertinently pointed out earlier) I would have put in a few laps to get my bronze credits and moved on. But not today!! High downforce rapidly becoming my speciality and I’m all for it 😇 fresh on the back of a P29 and P33 for last week I’d love another top 50 finish but I think Willow will be tough..

Couple of laps at Fuji to get my eye in and yeah it’s more satisfying than the X2019; there are less troublesome corners and it feels very similar in terms of car control to the last Fuji tt with that delicious Toyota

Plenty of time to be made but I think 1:19s are a bit ambitious. Still, I’ll give it a go!

IMG_7716.jpeg
IMG_7717.jpeg

It's hard, it's really hard this last tt
Fast cars are not my thing, but I can handle decently at barcellona, preparing for tomorrow Toyota challenge.
On the other hand, I achieved a dead last on my offline mazda cup, where I run a 30min miniendurance on the tt tracks.

If my math is not wrong that means sf23+fuji may become my worst performance in months.
I'm currently in bronze zone, struggling to move to silver

Hi folks

I’m back again for my first bash at the new trial. Super Formula at Fuji? Am I in heaven?! 😍😂 I can only imagine how unpopular this combo is and a few years ago (as @half_sourly pertinently pointed out earlier) I would have put in a few laps to get my bronze credits and moved on. But not today!! High downforce rapidly becoming my speciality and I’m all for it 😇 fresh on the back of a P29 and P33 for last week I’d love another top 50 finish but I think Willow will be tough..

Couple of laps at Fuji to get my eye in and yeah it’s more satisfying than the X2019; there are less troublesome corners and it feels very similar in terms of car control to the last Fuji tt with that delicious Toyota

Plenty of time to be made but I think 1:19s are a bit ambitious. Still, I’ll give it a go!

View attachment 1372227View attachment 1372228

Hello Dan, yeah I agree with you. I think this will be more manageable for me becuase the SF cars brake rapidly and they have high downforce and excellent cornering, I even have the TCS set at 1 and the machine doesn't even slide that much. That said, maybe I can pick up a silver here as my current time is 1'25.522, so I'm 5 seconds behind you.

What is Brexit, I've never heard of that term before.

@zjn Don't worry, I may not do that much here, I may set a goal to get a sub 1'24.000 or even a 1'23.500 and that may be it for me at Fuji. Hey, it's okay. All I want to do is to practice and have fun.

Hi folks

Upcomming straight was realy on edge there mate!, delight to watch like always, master at work.

Skip Willow...., it's ok.... nothing to see there, we forgive you 😂

Epic mate,

Hi folks

Very very beautiful lap !!!!! 👏👏👏👏
🇪🇺🇪🇺 oups ....sorry I forgot about Brexit 😂😂😂
but your football team is in the final of the European Championship !!!!🤔🤔🤔🤔
🤣🤣🤣
Viva España !!!!!🇪🇦🇪🇦🇪🇦🇪🇦🤣🤣

Last edited:
OK now there is interview with Guy Barbara who actually got to drive with new physics, and as soon as I hear new Suspension model I am now even more predicting that after update there will be dirt track TT, bring it on!!!

View attachment 1372237
So im very curious now if someone like him says "completely different" , I'll hear all about it when ill get back from vacation 😂

Very very beautiful lap !!!!! 👏👏👏👏
🇪🇺🇪🇺 oups ....sorry I forgot about Brexit 😂😂😂
but your football team is in the final of the European Championship !!!!🤔🤔🤔🤔
🤣🤣🤣
Viva España !!!!!🇪🇦🇪🇦🇪🇦🇪🇦🤣🤣
Lol, I think Dan has alien DNA tbh.
Lol, at the Mr. Bean GIF.

@Gomario JSP have a good safe vacation. You know I wonder when they are going to start the soccer tournaments in the UK and other countries?

@Dan_Tes you might be able to get a high 1'19.000, I mean you're not really that far away from it. You have so much skill power I really think you could pull it off after a few hours. It's up to you whether you want to improve or not.

Back