Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,507 comments
Fuji is over. This morning was all about Sardegna. It took me less than 30 km to get a new best at 1:47,3 and then over 140 km nothing positive happened. Until i got into the 1:46 at the end Pleased with practicing MT on a course/car combination that is so demanding being focused and pleased with the time.
View attachment 1374219
I am not quite sure if i have time for any more sessions until Thursday but that's fine. Happy lapping!
Bravo my friend, very impressive score here :eek: Top 1000 !!!!!

2 scientific observations in addition:
  • Very obviously, MT is a real advantage here
  • I love the livery "Blue orange" of your car...

Last edited:
Yeah, it took me some time to figure out the right gears for corner entries and exits. It's a mix of Tidgney's guide and Calster's (i guess he is still on controller) lap. It's not just the corner exit gears but the rotation when shifting down that helps a lot.
I tried M/T too & I could better my time set with A/T. But I couldn't improve more so I switched back to my comfort of A/T with TC 2 which helped a lot in braking & corner exits.

Yeah, it took me some time to figure out the right gears for corner entries and exits. It's a mix of Tidgney's guide and Calster's (i guess he is still on controller) lap. It's not just the corner exit gears but the rotation when shifting down that helps a lot.
Yes you're right, you explain perfectly my point. The LFA requires to "play" with the gear box.

If I remember correctly, the TT with the Ford Roadster and the one with the 300 SL are similar on one point: only 2 gears are used in the lap. That's probably why I had my best results (almost no need to shift gears).

Does anyone know why graphics shows red color on brake on one replay (Jeddah) and white color for brake on another display (Holl01)?
1000025081.png

Does anyone know why graphics shows red color on brake on one replay (Jeddah) and white color for brake on another display (Holl01)?
View attachment 1374243
If you mean the actual bars being different colours, one is a replay (red) the other is a screen recording (white)

It's their different styles of braking triggering the ABS. You can see the ABS light is on but also at the top of the brake force for Hollo there is a a small strip of ABS being used.

I'd imagine Hollo brakes initially slightly harder triggering the ABS for a second.

The other option is possibly one is using ABS default and the other using weak.

Last edited:
The other option is possibly one is using ABS default and the other using weak.
I'm sure it's this, one is full ABS the other is weak ABS

EDIT: see next post, correct 👍🏻

Last edited:
View attachment 1374243
Real time recording vs replay accessed in showcase. Real time is simply a recording of the session as you're doing it, similar to what youtubers or streamers do, thus showing the white brake bar and the abs trigger. In showcase, watching saved replays doesn't capture the abs behavior and the bar is red.

Hopefully that's correct, if anyone knows better please correct me!

Real time recording vs replay accessed in showcase. Real time is simply a recording of the session as you're doing it, similar to what youtubers or streamers do, thus showing the white brake bar and the abs trigger. In showcase, watching saved replays doesn't capture the abs behavior and the bar is red.

That's what I said ;)

View attachment 1374243
My guess is as @Metalgear9493 lives in the Southern Hemisphere everything is reversed or backwards down there 🤷🏻‍♂️. Have you asked him which way the water in his toilet flushes yet?

season 6 GIF

Stage two complete ✅ at Sardegna. I love that LFA! The only thing that lets it down is the way once it breaks traction it feels like it has an open diff, not the only the car that has that problem in GT7 but frustrating as it’s one of the more recent cars added. That and the ABS related gearbox sausing but besides that it’s a beaut; I think the criticism of the brakes are a little unfair given how fast this thing is, it is a road car after all and hitting some pretty insane speeds on the long straights!

IMG_7789.jpeg

IMG_7790.jpeg

A few mistakes here and there but hopefully it’ll hold for the coveted 👽 emoji 😁

I’m away for a few days including my final check at work; wish me luck fellas!! 🤓🫡

Last edited:
Morning folks,

Little run in the Lexus this morning, man this is a frustrating one......I had 2 promising RED laps in the 1:45.9xx both because I ran wide on the last exit....
Best I could run valid was a 46.177 today...
Soooo not satisfying 🤣🤣

If you think of throttle it already oversteers 🤣
And im not realy a fan of the brakes/tires?
I know weight on the front doesnt do any good under braking but it makes the trailbraking very hard for me here!

ABS on weak

1000022982.jpg

Last edited:
Just tested the ABS bar theory
View attachment 1374243
Just tested this out.

Did one lap of Brands Hatch:
Sector 1 ABS default
Sector 2 ABS weak
Sector 3 ABS off

On the replay, all 3 sectors only show red bar for braking, the only thing that changes is - when you turn the ABS off, the ABS icon turns yellow

So @MattD42 is correct, streams show the white bar, replays show only red bar

Last edited:
I felt right at home in the LFA for some reason, it took only 15-20 laps to break into the 1:46s.

1721557172874.png

I am sure I can go at least half a second faster, but not sure I get the chance to do it because my brother is visiting with his family. Btw he is driving as I type this, and already managed a 1:51 (among lots of invalidated laps 🤣). Still, not bad considering it's his first time behind the (virtual) wheel. ;) Let's see if he can sneak into silver ...

This! Spot on!

Most of the time I only upload to Youtube the live footage of my screen. As that's something that can't be accessed in-game by other players.

This new TT is so perfect, it is a great area to drive the LFA, I feel like I'm in paradise when driving out here. And I'm already at silver so what else can go wrong? I may do something different like drive the first half with MT and then the second half using AT. Using two methods is better than one.

And it feels comfortable driving it on the road. It can be challenging to turn it the way you want it because it is a heavy car, so drivers will have to brake early to get a good turn and exit coming out from the corner. My goal is to at least get a sub 1'49.000 and currently I'm at 1'49.619. A little bit below the silver line.

We (titans) are not in paradise, but in a very complicated coordination process for our lobby race today. When we are done it will be UNIQUE. 😃
In order not to go crazy in the meantime, I drove a few laps with the LFA.
1000015089.jpg

Obviously this plan didn't work. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have rented the car in pink. 😂

We (titans) are not in paradise, but in a very complicated coordination process for our lobby race today. When we are done it will be UNIQUE. 😃
In order not to go crazy in the meantime, I drove a few laps with the LFA.
View attachment 1374320
Obviously this plan didn't work. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have rented the car in pink. 😂
We already have Aphrodite.
Now, we have Lady Penelope....

Coquin Love GIF by djulaxx

Ok guys, it's fine for me...

Maybe I am missing something here and therefore not get it? I mean you are sharing your replays which we can se however we like?
the PlayStation allows you to record the screen when you are driving so it records exactly what you see.

Replays record the data and reconstruct it that's why replay recording always show the track map in the MFD you don't see ABS intervention levels and there is a bug that sometimes shows the transmission as AT when it is clearly Manual.

They do this for replays to save data so somethings are ignored or deprioritised.

I'm not sure on PS4 but in PS5 you have the ability to capture recent gameplay (via the share button) which is a pure recording of what was shown on screen. Replays optimise for storage space so drop certain things in order to play the actual driving with less focus on the UI stuff.

Edit:

If it helps I can do a quick video showing the difference?

Last edited:
Back