Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,620 comments
@Evilmuffin Yeah I guess that wall is me.

Well it doesn't surprise me that I earned bronze at Eiger. I didn't shortshift the proper way. Anyways moving on to HSR. I'm not looking back at the old TT's.

So, once again some people were talking about be negatively behind my back. I wish I had never started this stuff, what's the point of doing TT's if you don't do them properly. I read most of the posts today, thanks.

I do agree with what Famine said, but the rest, no.

Last edited:
Interim Results for TT93 at Red Bull Ring in Gr.3 cars. At this interim stage it is the 19th most difficult TT to date on my difficulty-o-meter.
View attachment 1379258

View attachment 1379257View attachment 1379256

Curious - do you have the whole spreadsheet of TT difficulty rankings shared somewhere?

This can be 1500th or whatever it will be at the end. Not going back, one session is more than enough. I didn't like the LM55 here and I don't like the Legend of Understeer here either. Maybe I just don't like here or maybe I just suck more here than elsewhere.
IMG_20240808_191744937.jpg

That makes sense. I don’t think PD can split it. We don’t want mileage to accrue because then there would be wear and tear, plus other variables.

Doesn't really make sense to me. I would like to have the hours I spend in the TTs added on to my overall stats in terms of time spent driving in the game. It shouldn't have anything to do with the individual car mileage - which are often rentals anyway.
I can see both sides of this but agree with Zev in my preference. I'm going to check both my mileage and the car mileage on the next TT I do with an owned car, which is how I prefer to do them. Not that it really matters, I'd rather the in game leaderboard show the car with my colors on it.

Ok got this, hope it’s safe. Now back to the the rain in Austria. Then it’s off to Belgium for lots of beers and fun. Oh wait I have to drive a 60’s yeah baby car there. Well, okay.

IMG_5267.jpeg

Edit: oh man I forgot about fitting in the USA. Still bronze there too.

Last edited:
You guys weren't kidding about the understeer. I suppose I was expecting much more of this car considering it's dubbed the "Living Legend." Maybe mediums or softs would loosen the thing up. Anyway, like the LM55 TT here earlier, I'm not exactly a fan of the track thanks to the annoying walls. I'm sure I'll come back to it eventually, but I'd rather spend my time elsewhere.
IMG_3480.jpg

errrrr...wrong thread?

anyway, I managed to scrape a few tenths off and solidify my silver at RBR thank goodness!

View attachment 1379429

and made a brief stop in gold at HSR :lol: Should be able to find another tenth or two there as my optimal was down around 1:01.7xx

View attachment 1379430
My race engineer just told me that you are faster than me and to let you by. I’m slow at RBR, I like the friendly atmosphere and challenge here.

My PSN is DudeTuna. I love this community, and special thanks to @seadog777 for this amazing thread.

Thank you. :cheers::gtpflag::)

Last edited:
I was really surprised when I set that time today. I'd given it a solid effort yesterday to try and improve there but no luck after many frustrating laps. Today, after maybe 5 or 6 it was done.
Well done! I’ve been pleasantly surprised like that and I’m really hoping it happens soon for the two hanging out there.

1000021614.jpg

Got a 1:01,9xx first and saw that my optimum was 1:01,3xx. So i did some extra laps. I think I'm done. When i read the thread i thought "how understeery could it be?" Well: "More!".

Edit: Video is here.

Maybe it helps someone as i found half a second after i stopped worrying about Tidgney's ghost. Lap seems messed up and first two corners i was still sleeping, it seems. But the final 2 corners i was faster with my method. Second part of the chicane deliberately going wide to get on throttle sooner in a V shaped apex and getting of throttle in the last corner to get on it again sooner.

Fast guys are fast on the perfect line but i don't seem to have the right moderation on brake and throttle to do that.

Last edited:
Had another session and saw the WR had changed but I was still in Gold. Felt I could do better. After around 30 minutes I'd only improved by 0.02s. Ugh.

IMG_8430.jpeg

Still I was getting consistent at least in the 1:01.9s but the .8 eluded me.
IMG_8431.jpeg

But that optimal of 1:01.626 teased. So I watched the replay of the WR more and I couldn't see much difference between me and him, except of course he just does everything that little bit betterer. :lol:

I then had one more try, this time with no ghost!
IMG_8429.jpeg

Got my 1:01.8.. :D:D

What will kill me though as I quit for the night is that the next lap I was .255 ahead entering the tunnel only to stack into the barrier on the last corner. A 1:01.6 was so close...🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
I know that I've said this before, because you're not one for actually heeding advice*, but what exactly are you learning by doing 200 laps with only yourself to compare your laps to?

You don't get faster just by spending more time, and you don't get better if you don't know where to improve. All you're doing is following yourself... for four hours.

Five or ten laps is enough to know where you are. Anything beyond that is a waste of time if you're not clear where you can improve and you don't get there by following yourself or by looking at other people's leaderboard times.

Find a ghost on your friends list that's faster than you by only a little bit. Set the ghost to reset at each sector and with a +0.3 or +0.4s offset. Follow it, to find out where it's gaining time on you, and improve until you're faster than it. Then find a new ghost that's a little faster than you and repeat.

And stop setting yourself unrealistic goals. You're not going to get three seconds faster on a 90-second lap. Especially not if you keep wasting time by not employing methods that will help you improve, or spending several hours a day posting inanities here and replying to posts without actually reading them*.

*For an example of both of these things, there's a dozen people telling you (and videos showing you) in this thread to short-shift the Impreza at Eiger. Did you do that? Nope, your video shows you revving it right out...
Thanks to You I was able to make inroads yesterday with the HSR TT. Till now I never utilized a faster driver's ghost to help me make myself faster or better. I always tried to battle my ghost which many times was just a futile attempt.

Initially, I just set a best time of 1:03:4xx for the HSR TT. But after reading Your value feedback, I was able to eat 1 & 1/2 seconds of my best time & reach to 1:01:9xx. I'm glad there are many noble people out here like Yourself that assist/suggest/instruct those who can get more competitive & confident too.

I jumped onto the game last night to try out the Trial Mountain Reverse TT in the 30 mins I had before dinner. It took 4 laps but I got silver fairly easily and I actually really enjoyed driving the car. I could probably shave a few seconds off this time with a few more laps, even without a guide.

GT7TT_TMR.jpg

I then tried my hand at the High Speed Ring in the Porsche and after 5 laps I managed to get into the silver times. I could definitely shave off maybe half a second just by nailing the 2nd turn but the car feels like it's being pulled towards the walls by a magnet sometimes, I swear. I think I'm happy to stick with this time unless it drops into the bronze category.

GT7TT_HSR.jpg

I switched the game off for the evening but realised before bed that I hadn't reached my daily mileage so jumped back on and had a go at the Honda eMS at Spa. I love Spa so it was no surprise that after 3 laps I'd just about reached the silver times however this is definitely one I'll revisit to improve over the new few weeks.

1000024893.jpg

Last edited:
First session at High Speed Ring. I'm terribly incosistend in braking and terribly consistent in understeering into walls!

My optimal is fine (01.7x), but my PB is more than 1s away
1723196330312.png

I still have to find the new posture after installing the brake mod to the G29. Since now I have to push much much more I had to anchor the seat to the ring, resulting in an increased distance between the 2 pieces. It's just 3-4 cm, but I feel them all.

I'm not sure if I have to search for a better solution to get rid of those additional 3-4 centimeters and go back to my original sitting posture, or if I have to keep them in order to have a more estended leg.

People who have a non G29 pedals: is it ok to feel all the leg muscles plus the lower back muscles involved in the brake action? The best thigh-leg-ankle angle to produce a proper brake action without risking long term injury is closer to a straight line (green, which is similar to what I have now) or it is more exagerated (blu, which is similar to my posture with original G29)?
Thanks
1723196387030.png

Attachments

• 1723193731316.png
    1723193731316.png
    136.7 KB · Views: 2
53910719087_5ee08424b1_o.jpg

The 917 Living Legend is an interesting pick for this week's time trial, the understeer on the car actually helps in some areas and it's not horrible like some of you have been saying. This lap was tricky for me to bring the time to under a minute and 1 second but I'm definitely not going any faster after this. This video is from replay, I actually use the roof camera. This one's for you @Chris30

Last edited:
Hi guys (and Greek),

Based on the recent events (pushed back into silver), I've decided to nail a definitive score at HSR: 1.01.xxx and nothing more!
According to @Lomic and @KAlex122 statements, I've checked my 917 and those 2 friendly rascals were right: I haven't even applied a racing livery to my Porsche... #MyBad :banghead:

I was performing well with a Martini livery for my 458 at the RBR, so I opted for the same sponsor for my 917:

1723196051983.jpeg

1723196068497.jpeg

1723196088067.jpeg

1723196101570.jpeg

Thanks again to all the liveries creators!!!

And after exactly 4 laps, I've completed my objectives for this TT:

1723195835634.png

I had an optimal at 1:01.7xx but I leave it for posterity.

Now, it's time to prepare for BDay party 🎂 🎉🥳 and for a stellar observation week-end 🔭🪐☄️

Happy lapping, friends ;)

zjn
First session at High Speed Ring. I'm terribly incosistend in braking and terribly consistent in understeering into walls!

My optimal is fine (01.7x), but my PB is more than 1s away
View attachment 1379529

I still have to find the new posture after installing the brake mod to the G29. Since now I have to push much much more I had to anchor the seat to the ring, resulting in an increased distance between the 2 pieces. It's just 3-4 cm, but I feel them all.

I'm not sure if I have to search for a better solution to get rid of those additional 3-4 centimeters and go back to my original sitting posture, or if I have to keep them in order to have a more estended leg.

People who have a non G29 pedals: is it ok to feel all the leg muscles plus the lower back muscles involved in the brake action? The best thigh-leg-ankle angle to produce a proper brake action without risking long term injury is closer to a straight line (green, which is similar to what I have now) or it is more exagerated (blu, which is similar to my posture with original G29)?
Thanks
View attachment 1379531
If I understand correctly, and that is a very large IF, the angle is supposed to be such that you do not press with your foot/ankle. That is to say that the angle should be such that your foot contacts the pedal, but is just used to keep your leg straight, All of the force of your leg should be transmitted through your foot, but never initiated by your foot/ankle. The straighter you can get the relationship between leg and pedal, the less you are inclined to try to use your ankle/foot to increase breaking pressure, the more accurate and less likely to cause injury/pain to yourself. I am sure that someone who actually knows about these things can explain it better and fix my misconceptions. It is my understanding that this is why pedal inversion helps a lot of people.

Back