Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,673 comments
New test today in Mount Panorama and improve my time at 1'32'364 , my optimal time of 1'31'611 lets me say that I still have plenty of room for improvement. Now I will have to be consistent !!!!

View attachment 1382264

View attachment 1382265
Great score mon ami !! A 2.31 would be absolutly deserved 💪💪💪 GO GO GO

but most important: much faster than @P-Courty: IN YOUR FACE :lol::lol::lol:

Go go go !!!!!!
For the last test in Mount Panorama, this is the last improvement for today in 2"32'153
1000002394.jpg

I managed to improve my laguna time by a whipping 0.06 sec lol , still hanging on gold for now
I ain't even touched Laguna yet, that corkscrew is a nightmare. Trying to perfect the turning and braking there is a pain, and 75% of the time I'll touch the light green area or I'll go in the sand trap. Then the left sharp turn can be a lap killer too, it's right before the finish line. If it wasn't for those braking markers, I don't know what I'd do.

I was convinced that this car needed some short shifting! Now had a look at sirvia's lap for the first time, and...welp, "free" time save for me I guess. 😒

Last edited:
Hello my time trial friends, it's been far to long since I've popped in here. It's been a busy few months for me irl....

Felt like i was struggling since the update that changed the physics, but perhaps it was just combos that i would have struggled with anyway. Although Bathurst is a favorite track and the clio is a favorite car i did not expect to do as well as i have, so far lol

Managed to get a 2:32.4 which surprised me a little tbh. I have some time on the table so i might go back for more if i have time before it ends.

My replay is shared in case it might help someone.

Be well, my fellow time trialers

Hello my time trial friends, it's been far to long since I've popped in here. It's been a busy few months for me irl....

Felt like i was struggling since the update that changed the physics, but perhaps it was just combos that i would have struggled with anyway. Although Bathurst is a favorite track and the clio is a favorite car i did not expect to do as well as i have, so far lol

Managed to get a 2:32.4 which surprised me a little tbh. I have some time on the table so i might go back for more if i have time before it ends.

My replay is shared in case it might help someone.

Be well, my fellow time trialers
Awesome man! My time was 2'35.800, I'm surprised I made it that far up the rankings, I did not expect that yesterday morning. Bathhurst is easier to ride on in the Clio so I'm grateful PD provided it for us in this lap challenge. Have a good day yourself. I'll take a look at your replay this weekend when I have time, :)

@Jeje6410 , congrats for your lap and thanks for your replay (mine is sharing in the game).
My last intermediate was 1:56:4x and my PB is just behind yours... The final curve is a nightmare here 🤬.
Merci mon ami !!!! You can do it 💪💪
Yes this last turn is a real poison where you can take a lot of time. I find it difficult to approach it on a regular basis

Had another go with the Merc before dinner but man im still having a real hard time with it, I just don't feel it....yeah...I feel it's heavy 🤣
I just cant seem to find good rotation on T3 and T4, switching between ABS weak and default doesn't seem to be a real big difference?
Then there is the breakingpoint for the corckscrew....braking has become alot harder in general imo (on pad) and braking for the corckscrew is a good example..... hit or miss at the moment, this is realy going to take some miles for me to get used to this combo on these physics 🤔

Took me ages to get I to the 20's ......

1000024766.jpg

Had another go with the Merc before dinner but man im still having a real hard time with it, I just don't feel it....yeah...I feel it's heavy 🤣
I just cant seem to find good rotation on T3 and T4, switching between ABS weak and default doesn't seem to be a real big difference?
Then there is the breakingpoint for the corckscrew....braking has become alot harder in general imo (on pad) and braking for the corckscrew is a good example..... hit or miss at the moment, this is realy going to take some miles for me to get used to this combo on these physics 🤔

Took me ages to get I to the 20's ......

View attachment 1382325
Always in the top with your 79th place in Mount Panorama and very very beautiful lap !!!! Bravo mon ami :bowdown::bowdown::cheers:

I just noticed that the end date for the Honda and AMG TTs are different on the website than in-game. On the website Honda ends on 9/15 and AMG on 9/6, in game Honda ends on 9/1 and AMG on 8/30.

I searched the thread to see if this came up and only found something regarding a similar discrepancy for the Olympic TT. I'm guessing the in-game one with the countdown is the proper one to go by, which also happens to be sooner?

most important: much faster than @P-Courty: IN YOUR FACE :lol::lol::lol:
I don't know what my optimal was as each session was only 2 laps long.

But my last lap was ruined at the last chicane as I clipped the left hand apex and over corrected the slide and went off into the grass, at that point I was 0.389 up on my best lap.

So I think I may be coming back to this one again, to make sure you don't catch me and maybe chase down @Jeje6410 for this first time in a very long time 🐱

Am i right saying that during laps (not replays) the red bar on the brakes represent the force applied , while the white one is the resulting after abs equalization?

Im asking because it looks to me that amg gt3 generates an important difference between red and white (while, for example, the Clio has very less).
Maybe it's just a matter of triggering abs as little as possible. It's just a speculation, I'm far from able to test it

I don't know what my optimal was as each session was only 2 laps long.

But my last lap was ruined at the last chicane as I clipped the left hand apex and over corrected the slide and went off into the grass, at that point I was 0.389 up on my best lap.

So I think I may be coming back to this one again, to make sure you don't catch me and maybe chase down @Jeje6410 for this first time in a very long time 🐱
As I see, fair-play is a very overrated notion, nowadays... :lol: But I admit your current score at Bathurst is nicer than mine.

Don't worry Baby I won't chase you (you're not my type). Only a sub 2:33 would make me happy and satisfied :embarrassed:

zjn
Am i right saying that during laps (not replays) the red bar on the brakes represent the force applied , while the white one is the resulting after abs equalization?

Im asking because it looks to me that amg gt3 generates an important difference between red and white (while, for example, the Clio has very less).
Maybe it's just a matter of triggering abs as little as possible. It's just a speculation, I'm far from able to test it

I did a test on the difference between replays vs streaming about the red bar.

But yes the red bar is the ABS 'kicking in' the same as when you use TCS on the accelerator bar.

So the less you press the brake the less you will see the ABS affect

On another note @Famine - how come post links always show the wrong post text on them?

Last edited:
Just when I was about to admit that I won't be able to put gold time at mp. Some miracle of a lap happened. Guess it is good enough so I won't have to come back here. Also got kicked back to silver at both spa tts and laguna.
View attachment 1382341View attachment 1382342
Why I'm not surprised to see you faster than Grandma @Lomic and Grandpa @smoothbore12 ;)
Well done but I'm sure there are still many tenths on the table....

Why I'm not surprised to see you faster than Grandma @Lomic and Grandpa @smoothbore12 ;)
Well done but I'm sure there are still many tenths on the table....
Maybe, but I won't come back to this tt until I'm forced to. In the beginning I hated both the car and the track. The clio just grew up on me and I started to enjoy it. But I will never have any good feelings towards mount panorama.

Ok, finally had some time for the TT's today.

Laguna Seca is kicking my buns. I put 100 miles into it today to only get into the 1:21s. It's like I forgot where corner apexes are. The Merc handles a little unusually to me, sometimes gripping like nothing else, sometimes breaking away to no grip. It really rewards perfect braking and corner entry, but punishes pretty much everything else. Seems that all the GT big guns are in this one, because the rankings are STEEP. I'm in over my head here, but still going to keep searching for more time.

AMG TT.jpg

Next on the list was the Renault, and this one was more up my alley. I love the Clio, and it proves to still be a little bit of a handful when all that weight in the back tries pushing you down the hill! Took a little while to find pace here, but nothing like the AMG at Laguna. Pretty happy with the result for today, but 1:30s are on the table for sure. In the replay below you can see where I'm lagging behind my own ghost in spots.

Clio TT.jpg

Here's the fastest lap:

Had some help with this one...

Clio Cat.jpg

Cats are fast. Haha.

Keep it rubber side down and have fun!

Jeez this Merc-Laguna combo is killing me, have put in about 55 laps (most of which end up either in the gravel or backwards facing up the corkscrew) and managed a 1:22.474. I don't really have an optimum as I have so many restarts.

I can't get the 'feel' of this car on softs, one second it feels like it's on rails and you can power through and out of corners (no doubt helped by the camber on some turns) the next it's understeering off into the nether realm. It feels pointy and accurate until suddenly it doesn't, may struggle to get gold on this one :grumpy:

Back to the cockpit...

Back