Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,725 comments
As I'm a proficient scientist, let's do some maths.

Because it's a smart and satisfying process to search by yourself to understand how to progress, I've compared my first times at Sukuka with #TheKie25 video shared earlier. This comparison has no other objective to highlight where I must work the most to gain more than a 1 sec on my current PB (1:51.645).

TheKieMe (best sectors so far)
S130:02130:6xx
S218:08418:8xx
S340:31641:5xx
S419:71220:4xx

If I accept a 0.5 sec gap per sector with TheKie25 (as I'm only human), this would give me a theorical low 1:50.
Need to improve S2 (-0.3), S4 (-0.2) but and as suspected, I must work much harder on S3 (-0.7).
Back to work!

Happy lapping everyone,
Bruce B.

PS: don't pi*s*s* me off, please

Last edited:

Because it's a smart and satisfying process to search by yourself to understand how to progress, I've compared my first times at Sukuka with #TheKie25 video shared earlier. This comparison has no other objective to highlight where I must work the most to gain more than a 1 sec on my current PB (1:51.645).

If I accept a 0.5 sec gap per sector with TheKie25 (as I'm only human), this would give me a theorical low 1:50.
Need to improve S2 (-0.3), S4 (-0.2) but and as susptected, I must work much harder on S3 (-0.7).
Back to work!

Happy lapping everyone,
Bruce B.

Hey, I saw your wheel yesterday. Congrats man, one of my friends saw it too and he wanted to know where you got it from. He is saving up for one to buy at the end of the year. However I won't buy one yet, it's his decision what he chooses to do with it but I'm sticking with my controller/pad.

Jimmy Fallon Writing GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Perfect and smart move: now, I know how ;)
Merci a lot, your data are just priceless!!

17/08/2023: I've finished 1:52.643
22/08/2024: I start at 1:51.645
You are very welcome and thank you for the virtual coffee; very kind of you.

@330_D Well, give one a go now, I'm going with my all-time favorite, the Honda NSX Concept GT '16. It's got 8,500 RPM so that should be powerful enough to tackle the beast(Suzuka). Watching the top 10 replays can help you improve your score too and it will give you an idea of where/when to start braking/accelerating. Degner 1 is a b***h sometimes, so is the part after the U-turn.

Thursday Nokia-time!

First meters in the META NSX and I'm shocked....., how difficult the AMG is on Seca and how pleasant the NSX is on throttle is bizar, even on remote it felt rather nice, highdownforced is always difficult for me ...Suzuka is no exeption with that killing mid section but the bankerlap isn't that bad 😁, very surprised with the GR2 handling with the physics

Fun fact ... last NSX tt here I ran 1:50.525 on 19 August 2023... also on RM's

Little faster this time 🤣

1000024855.jpg

My time this weekend is limited due to F1 Zandvoort, tomorrow im smelling real rubber 😜😜🤪🤪😁😁

Last edited:

Need to improve S2 (-0.3), S4 (-0.2) but and as susptected, I must work much harder on S3 (-0.7).
Back to work!

Happy lapping everyone,
Bruce B.

PPSS you are not allowed to ask us to not asterisks you :D

I would not put it that way. Comparing sectors of different duration and accept, or aim for, the same offset means having more confort in short sectors and having mission impossibile in longer ones.

I'd think in percentage. For example if you aim for gold and compare to the very top time your threshold should be 0.3s each 10s.

Sorry if i have asterisked you
:cheers:

Last edited:
zjn
PPSS you are not allowed to ask us to not asterisks you :D

I would not put it that way. Comparing sectors of different duration and accept, or aim for, the same offset means having more confort in short sectors and having mission impossibile in longer ones.

I'd think in percentage. For example if you aim for gold and compare to the very top time your threshold should be 0.3s each 10s.

Sorry if i have asterisked you
:cheers:
Noooo, you didn't asteriks me because your answer is smart and very logical. Percentage are definitly the best approach to estimate the times I should score at each sector for getting a safe gold here.

I'll work on that, grazie :)

Had to skip a few TTs
Was busy with work and also did a stupid thing
Went on an escalator downstairs and just as I stepped on it I realized it was the wrong direction.
Like in a comedy movie I turned around and tried to run up the escalator in the wrong direction - don't ever do that :dopey:
Of course it went wrong. I fell and busted up my hands quite a bit. Well, I guess that's my own stupidity to blame :banghead:

Back to more positive things: hands are almost healed, and I have time off now :D
High Speed Ring I didn't spend much time on. Just collected a quick and fairly easy gold.
tthsr.png

Then last night I finally decided to have a go at Mount Panorama
Wasn't even sure if I wanted to do this one. I have not even completed the Circuit Experience here and was expecting the downhill section to be a nightmare.

But this was a really pleasant surprise. That Clio is super fun to drive and it's one of the most fun TTs for me in a while.
Thought I was having a quick midnight session.
Didn't pay attention to the time, then it suddenly was almost 3 am. Was fun and this should be a safe gold time.
ttmp.png

Now I'm dreading Gr. 2 at Suzuka. Not sure if I wanna do that.
Gr. 1 / 2 is usually too fast for me on a controller to do a decent lap. Maybe I have a go in the Honda at Spa

Last edited:
Here's the latest guide for you! Apologies for the lateness, it's the busiest day of the year at work so I had to go in this time! Got home at 7:30pm, guide is out for 10:30 and I got a top 10 time to! Was on for rank 1 a couple of times but it's pretty hard to nail the lap at the top! Some extra tips in this one that will help with any turbo car to!

I haven't driven any GR2 cars since the update but I used to be ok with em. Suzuka isn't a favorite of mine. Likely I'll just gold it enough and be out.
It's likely way better than you think it's going to be. I'm having a blast in the NSX and I wasn't looking forward to it at all.

I started this morning with the weekly race at Suzuka using the Castrol Supra, and what a disappointment. That thing is damn near ruined after the update. Heavy FFB, but almost no feedback. It will break into understeer with no communication, understeer immediately on the brakes, not even attempt to turn in, load up in slow corners and lighten to nothing but understeer in fast ones, understeer MORE with speed/downforce... it's just broken mess now. Did I say it understeers?

After this I wasn't keen on the Gr2 NSX, buuuut... it's FANTASTIC in comparison. The NSX turns in sharply, grips for days, is stable on the brakes, is super balanced and generally a very nice thing to drive. It is crazy to me how update 1.50 made some cars absolutely wonderful, and some into lifeless piles of understeer and sadness. I really hope they comprehensively go through this model and figure things out!

First things first, I didn't own any modern Gr2 car, so I bought the meta NSX then, of course, had to make a livery for it. This time I used the Realtime Acuras as inspiration.

NSX Gr2 (2).jpg

NSX Gr2.jpg

It didn't take long to find a good pace here because the car is just so good, and I found myself in the 1:49s fairly quickly, and then a 1:49.690 after about 20 laps.

NSX TT.jpg

Lot's of people still much faster than me! Still feels messy, but it was an enjoyable run for sure! Here's the lap:

I don't know if the other Gr2 cars are as good as the NSX yet, but I suggest everyone give this TT a shot. It's a lot more fun than I thought it would be!

It's likely way better than you think it's going to be. I'm having a blast in the NSX and I wasn't looking forward to it at all.

I started this morning with the weekly race at Suzuka using the Castrol Supra, and what a disappointment. That thing is damn near ruined after the update. Heavy FFB, but almost no feedback. It will break into understeer with no communication, understeer immediately on the brakes, not even attempt to turn in, load up in slow corners and lighten to nothing but understeer in fast ones, understeer MORE with speed/downforce... it's just broken mess now. Did I say it understeers?

After this I wasn't keen on the Gr2 NSX, buuuut... it's FANTASTIC in comparison. The NSX turns in sharply, grips for days, is stable on the brakes, is super balanced and generally a very nice thing to drive. It is crazy to me how update 1.50 made some cars absolutely wonderful, and some into lifeless piles of understeer and sadness. I really hope they comprehensively go through this model and figure things out!

First things first, I didn't own any modern Gr2 car, so I bought the meta NSX then, of course, had to make a livery for it. This time I used the Realtime Acuras as inspiration.

View attachment 1383241

View attachment 1383242

It didn't take long to find a good pace here because the car is just so good, and I found myself in the 1:49s fairly quickly, and then a 1:49.690 after about 20 laps.

View attachment 1383244

Lot's of people still much faster than me! Still feels messy, but it was an enjoyable run for sure! Here's the lap:

I don't know if the other Gr2 cars are as good as the NSX yet, but I suggest everyone give this TT a shot. It's a lot more fun than I thought it would be!

I feel like we play this game in a similar way enough to be stoked now for this trial. 🍻🍻🍻

Last edited:
Was a TT kind of day as there was work to be done.

These Gr2 cars drive great now. First time trying them after 1.49 but they're really planted now, even on corner exit. Decided to use the GTR just for something different. 49.7, good enough.

Also had to go back to Spa as my time(s) in the 272 were both knocked into sliver. A 29.9 in the 18+ and a 30.0 in U17 should be safe.

Last edited:
1917cba3a0063-screenshotUrl.jpg

In there. I wasn't pushing the car hard enough at first. It seems to prefer a flogging. My arms are tired from work so not too many laps but enough to see and understand a little. I will revisit. Gained a few at MP as well. Don't remember exactly how much but maybe 3 tenths. I like that one a lot. It's really subtlety awesome to rip that little thing. I bet it's really fun in real life. You folks who've actually driven one are lucky!

OMG.....I'm so tired today. I could barely concentrate to do 10 laps on Suzuka before my brain went into blue screen of death mode. Did a 1:49.2s in about 10? laps then totally lost it and couldn't even get ibto the 49s after.

1000077124.jpg

My first 49s was this lap where I totally lost the car and slided through turn 1 and 2 🙈

Yeah....brain not working well after 10 hrs of this with no breaks

1000077123.jpg

LS is wearing me out some, my time is 1'24.639, I watched the top driver's replay. I don't know how the hell he got those lines at the Corkscrew. Honest to god I don't have any idea. He had to be using a wheel, no way he was on a pad. I hate that U-turn, costs me some time braking hard and then figuring out the best line before hitting the throttle. Those sausage curbs are killers and can upset the balance of the car depending on where you hit them, I hate em with a passion! Anyone would trying to get a hot lap clocked in.

The sharp left turn right before the finish can hurt someone's lap too if they don't pay attention correctly.

Did a short 5 laps stint at Suzuka, comfortably in bronze, 1 big second from silver with good potential for improvement.

Used the NSX that seems to be the best car, don't see many people using other cars.

Will go back to MP when I'll be back home with my big flat screen, a bit too hilly in VR, same for LS and Spa

Another interesting detail from CRV, he is adjusting brake balance during the lap, check his video.

I've watched his lap before, but didn't noticed this. Well spotted!
The way he's using the curbs is just WOW. In the final chikane for example. I always tried to avoid the elevated curb on the right hander. I gues i'm loosing more than 1 sec just here.

Did my first proper session in Spa yesterday. After 100 Km i managed a 1:31.398, a 4 sec improvment, but still 1 sec away from gold.
But there is time in almost every turn. Especially at Blanchimont, after a lap that felt good i usualy chicken out and play it safe.
And i have to figure out a good line and what speed is possible thru Pouhon. Thats a turn where the ghost i'm using always leaves me far behind.
My wife: " What about visiting my parents at the weekend?"
Me: " Oh no sorry, i can't. There is this thing ... you know. I'm just too busy!" :lol:

Yesterday, I was amazed to be 1 sec faster than in 2023 with the NSX. I've maybe gained some experience since but 1 sec is a lot.

I was curious to see what was the 2023 WR to estimate how the current 2024 WR will be improve in the next days.

TT 40 - Suzuka Gr.2 2023 WR
1724397398690.png

TT 95 (?) - Suzuka Gr.2 2024
1724397439421.png

So apparently it's not just me, everyone is 1 sec faster on this TT (new physics?).

Attachments

• 1724398030425.png
    1724398030425.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 1
Back