Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,738 comments
Hi guys (and....)

(not) Sorry it's me again :lol::lol:

Things can only get better (D-ream) when you work.

S1: 30.731 - Missed an apex and that cost me 0.150
S2: 18.584 - I'm struggling to get lower here
S3: 41.247 - Better but still far from what I expect
S4: 20.055 - My best last sector, love it

It's a very weak gold (I'm 2 sec faster than in 2023) but there's many place for improvement:

1724510360015.png

You will love this so much I believe. Getting a Rig was the best decision I made (even though I can't use it atm because it is so hot under the roof).

What cockpit did you buy? Sorry if you already wrote it and I overlooked it 🙈
I'm sure to have the best wheel, after so many advices from many friends here.

The cockpit is the GT Omega Titan (not yet delivered)

1724510553068.png

Last edited:
Time for some decluttering. Everybody that drives under 1:50:000 at Suzuka gets delistes from my friends list. (just kidding)

Just found out that I'll be back when Suzuka will still be running. Maybe I'll try again.
You won't have to worry about me getting under 1'50.000 there. I don't even know if I'll reach silver. Suzuka is a tough track to learn, Degner 1 and Spoon are two annoying sections and I hate them with a passion.

Don't know yet for the wheel but I've always played with that "screen"
That's clever mate, that's like playing it in school except it's in your own home, i gave that a 🔥 like. You're one of the players that keeps me going, (not giving up).

Ditched laguna seca tt, silver here is good and trying to do any better is a waste of time and patience for me rn. Tried suzuka, 5 laps and into gold, honda 2016 sticks to the ground like a glue. I feel that I got here at least a 1s in me, just need some more courage, that honda is forgiving 90% of the time at suzuka. This tt looks like an easy (at last ffs) gold for me so I'll have some time to get back to two spa trials, not gonna let those 2 mil more slip, and they're easier than amg.
1000019784.jpg
1000019783.jpg

1000064102.png

Bit late as I did this the other day, but 1:49.4 in the Audi which I'm pretty happy with. Gr.2 is amazing to drive with the new physics but it's a shame the BoP is utterly awful.

I genuinely think it is impossible to get gold with something like the CLK or TS020 (challenge there if anyone is up for it). Really need to be in their own group.

The G29 lives 😁

Although I am 0.45x slower with AMG, but I am a lot more consistent with it hitting 21.9xx each lap unless I hit a sausage 🤣.

I also realised when looking at the braking bar, that I was thinking I was still trail braking but the bar was empty, so adjusted my deadzone abit more and felt much better after that.

I do have the same feeling I had when I last used the G29 at Fuji with the GT-ONE, I'm still getting a wierd understeer feeling even at just the slightest of degree on the wheel but will give it another go later and will see what the Clio is like on it.

Last edited:
Hi guys (and....)

It's a very weak gold (I'm 2 sec faster than in 2023) but there's many place for improvement:

View attachment 1383663

View attachment 1383664
1000001580.gif

You can do better my friend !!!!!!💪💪💪💪
ATTACK !!!!! AGAIN AND AGAIN !!!!!

I hadn't been able to try any of the current time trials before this morning, and so far, I'm 2.77% off the top for the one with the Clio @ Mt. Panorama, and a bit into silver range for the Mercedes-AMG GT3 @ Laguna Seca. I definitely don't foresee myself finding about 1.4s for the latter to get into gold range, so I think I'll be fine with my silver time.

EDIT: I also was able to claim gold for the one with the Porsche 917 Living Legend @ High Speed Ring.

EDIT2: For the one with the Mercedes-AMG GT3, I still likely am gonna keep an eye on it, even if I'm not too close to being kicked out of silver range. That said, I don't see the thresholds changing much before this one ends, if at all.

Last edited:
I thought, a 49 would look nice. 🙄
Indeed, it does. 😄
View attachment 1383676
No need for a 😯 @Pesselles,
you just have to wait for using your wheel. With the wheel I am about 1 minute faster than with the pad 🤭
So you will do at least a 0:50,617 next week which is the good news for you. The bad news for us is that then we are all out of 🥉 🤣

Last edited:
Also, I'm not sure if it's just me, but it seems for the one at Laguna Seca, you don't necessary want to hit the apexes of those very first two turns. It's almost as if you purposely wanna go a bit wide, as it would seem that you'll often be ahead of a ghost that stuck closer to the first two apexes before you hit that third turn - the one that's just before the first checkpoint.

It's definitely fun - and I wish they could gift us the car itself, complete with the black livery we're assigned with using. Not unlike the Honda Civic Type R or Toyota GR010 we can also earn this year, with the former coming with its Super Taikyu livery and the latter with this year's WEC livery.

Last edited:
Hi guys (and....)

View attachment 1383663

View attachment 1383664

So another Frenchman becames an Alien....

Good Job Pesseles!

PS: some may note the "screen" of yours, while others (like me) may note the great amount of books you have. Regardless if they are literature, comic books or technical related to your field of work, books are always great.

No need for a 😯 @Pesselles,
you just have to wait for using your wheel. With the wheel I am about 1 minute faster than with the pad 🤭
1 minute faster sounds very fast (for an human player, I mean) at Suzuka: 0:50.617.... :odd: Sorry to ask but are you sober, Martin? (you can reply privately, of course) :cheers:
So you will do at least a 0:50,617 next week which is the good news for you. The bad news for us is that then we are all out of 🥉 🤣
I don't think i'll receive the cockpit that fast.
Never mind, I'll try to secure my gold with the controller and I'll be fine with that. I'm already 2 sec faster (1 sec for the physics, 1 sec for the luck :dopey: ) than last year and this makes me really happy.
So another Frenchman becames an Alien....

Good Job Pesseles!

PS: some may note the "screen" of yours, while others (like me) may note the great amount of books you have. Regardless if they are literature, comic books or technical related to your field of work, books are always great.
Thx Mister Skydragon but I'm far from being an alien with a PB +3 sec from the WR :sly:

Yes, we have really "many" books at home (only a few on the pic) because we read "a lot" (constantly, in fact). Mainly litterature (my wife was a philosophy teacher), novels, sci-fi, some comics (collectible),... Books are always great :)

1 minute faster sounds very fast (for an human player, I mean) at Suzuka: 0:50.617.... :odd:
You read it the wrong way. I am not able do a 0:50.617 with the wheel. But for sure I would not do better than a 2:50.617 with the pad 😄
I am the world's worst pad-player 🥴
Sorry to ask but are you sober, Martin? (you can reply privately, of course)
I am, but a very good friend from Poland is prepared to change that 😅
(regards to @tmtk)

So I'm back on the G29 with the AMGand have just beaten my pad time by the tiniest marginbut I definitely have the same feeling I had with the GT-ONE at Fuji.

I do the first lap and the car has so much grip, second lap at turn 2 I have drastic understeer, I continued for 6 laps to see if it changed but it just got worse.

It's really anmoying because I can't chase deltas and the more I restart to do single laps, the more the ghost offset glitches back to 0 and then gets in the way and I have to exit all the way bacl out of the event 🤬

So I'm back on the G29 with the AMGand have just beaten my pad time by the tiniest marginbut I definitely have the same feeling I had with the GT-ONE at Fuji.

I do the first lap and the car has so much grip, second lap at turn 2 I have drastic understeer, I continued for 6 laps to see if it changed but it just got worse.

It's really anmoying because I can't chase deltas and the more I restart to do single laps, the more the ghost offset glitches back to 0 and then gets in the way and I have to exit all the way bacl out of the event 🤬
Could difficult to admit for ego but could be the signal for.... retirement? :sly:

Yeah, I get oversteer using a controller with that car through turns 1-3 and the corkscrew. I hate the deltas too, like you. I'm doing good with a 1'24.639, but there is still a lot of work and studying for me to do, I feel like I'm at school, if I don't put adequate work in, I won't pass and get the reward. That's how it goes.

Great score TumeK5!! No Alex can't get rid of you. You're too special like Jeje and Pesselles! I am watching some of their replays shortly.

Last edited:
Back