Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,799 comments
Morning fellow addicts......

Saturday morning, coffey and staring at the pile of ikea boxes that are laying in the livingroom waiting for me to unbox (making a complete TV wall )....

But naah....Murcielago first.. 🤣🤣
Cats asleep......family asleep... V12 it is!

Had a lot of trouble with T1 at first when following Chafe, till the point I was frustrated like h*ll .. then loaded Tidgney's lap and noticed his S1 is a lot slower than Chafe's and I was able to chase Tidgney.... Damian is just to fast for me 🙈🤣🤣

After a few miles I managed to hit a 51.140 and looking at the leaderboard that was exactly @Dan_Tes time 🤣🤣
I was very happy....but a little devastated it wasn't 51.139 🤣

Made the video but went out again, T1 felt better but Lesmo 2 was slower than my .140 lap for sure, ascari I was slower in but had a little different line and went out like a rocket 🤣

So..... @Dan_Tes

View attachment 1385518
(I know this won't last long, but I'm celebrating while I can 🤣🤣)

That said....

View attachment 1385519
View attachment 1385520

Have fun guys, I'm off ikea'ing the whole weekend i guess 🙈🤣

* sorry....stuffed up the video I see 🙈🙈

Interestinggggg… all I have to say is..

Ill Be Back Arnold Schwarzenegger GIF

The pursuit of perfection continues at Suzuka, I think I’m done for the day with no real improvement but some absolutely blistering sector times are the dangling carrot.. I know if I can hook it up a 1:47.xxx is there! Just no time to do it sadly as that’s probably the end of my time today 😩

I did remember to upload to YouTube though, so there’s that 😁

IMG_8610.jpeg
IMG_8611.jpeg

Pleased to collect half a million from the Mercedes TT for bronze. Doing OK in the others. Not far off silver at Monza, which I'm very happy with. Car takes some getting used to, the steering feels very wishy-washy - maybe my wheel settings?

Was following @Tidgney 's slower ghost on one of them and actually gained significantly at one stage - and then I crashed. 🤣

I will try tomorrow morning for I will do the other one on VR… I will let you know… also I read your signature you only drive with ABS weak?
Yeah, I've defaulted to weak a long time ago. For me it allows more rotation and control over the car under braking. Sometimes I try normal to see if I can gain any time with it, but it always leads to the car feeling a lot less compliant on the brakes.

I tried normal for a bit in the Laguna Seca TT and didn't like it at all. Makes the car less apt to really turn in to the corner.

Monza here I come!

191a8c14f9155-screenshotUrl.jpg

I have couple of .10s in the belt at ascari exit. I need to put myself in the position to max track use at exit, other than that is just a matter to put a lap togheter.

Parabolica cannot make it with a U shape, i use more a half V in entrance half U in exit.
By now it's quicker for me, but I am not yet sure if it's just a matter to improve it in the U shape to be more quick

One last trip to Spa. I was about to throw in the towel as I just could not put down a clean, fast lap. I set out on my last attempt right at 200 miles. Sector 1 was awful and sector 2 was so-so. In a state of not giving a you-know-what, I then proceeded to set my best sector 3 time by 3 tenths, and thus a new fastest lap overall - from a high 2:28.9 to a low 2:28.9. What could have been if I had only run a half decent rest of the lap. Infuriating!

It gave me a boost, though, knowing a better time was still out there, and I decided to carry on for a few more miles. Then finally!
Happy Monday Night Raw GIF by WWE

IMG_3572.jpg

One last trip to Spa. I was about to throw in the towel as I just could not put down a clean, fast lap. I set out on my last attempt right at 200 miles. Sector 1 was awful and sector 2 was so-so. In a state of not giving a you-know-what, I then proceeded to set my best sector 3 time by 3 tenths, and thus a new fastest lap overall - from a high 2:28.9 to a low 2:28.9. What could have been if I had only run a half decent rest of the lap. Infuriating!

It gave me a boost, though, knowing a better time was still out there, and I decided to carry on for a few more miles. Then finally!
Happy Monday Night Raw GIF by WWE

View attachment 1385698

That first bollard at malmedy was close mate 🙈🤣🤣, and indeed a perfectly execute 3th sector, very smooth! , well done!

I had one last try at Spa and failed to get gold. Though I took some more time off, I spent way too much time with inconstancy. Sometimes I nail sectors 1 and 2 only to not make turn 18 and waste the whole lap.

Sometimes I’ll lose .6s in sector one and then nail the rest. Could never put out together though and my optimal still never got to gold. Disappointed with this one.
IMG_8516.jpeg

So I then had a try at Monza. I surprised myself with getting gold pretty quickly. I’m not even sure what I’m driving beyond a Lamborghini but it’s surprisingly nice to drive.
IMG_8517.jpeg

Oh yeah, the obligatory lap…
GT7 | Monza TT | Getting GOLD in the Lamborghini

Last edited:
Hi! Back from another holiday. :)

That new one is not hard to gold but hard to progress for me.
View attachment 1385462 At least I'm near the drivers i have in front of me all the time. :cheers:
View attachment 1385463
Another 90Km today and no better time. I think that's it already, although it's a fun combo.

Off to another holiday from Thursday to Sunday/Monday. :D I'll see you on the other side!

Happy lapping!

I had one last try at Spa and failed to get gold. Though I took some more time off, I spent way too much time with inconstancy. Sometimes I nail sectors 1 and 2 only to not make turn 18 and waste the whole lap.

Sometimes I’ll lose .6s in sector one and then nail the rest. Could never put out together though and my optimal still never got to gold. Disappointed with this one.
View attachment 1385738

So I then had a try at Monza. I surprised myself with getting gold pretty quickly. I’m not even sure what I’m driving beyond a Lamborghini but it’s surprisingly nice to drive.
View attachment 1385739

Oh yeah, the obligatory lap…
GT7 | Monza TT | Getting GOLD in the Lamborghini

Nice run!, and comfy into the gold,
If i may..... where I got loads of time was Ascari, if you brake exactly on the 200 board you rotate it with a little slide in 2nd gear to the first apex of Ascari then immediately to 3th gear, more stable and a lot faster on the exit 😁😁

Well done!

Last edited:
Well Monza... such a special track to me. It's the track that completely changed the game for me.
It was GT5 and i started online racing, what would be a nice track for clean racing action? ...of course Monza!!!
The 550pp roadcar rooms were my choice, i was ****ing slow compared to the top guys but i had fun.
The weeks past by and was getting faster and faster, finding better lines around the track and improving my driving skills.
Somewhere in between i probably got cought by the mothership. 🤔😂
In the end i was one of the top guys and the first who got a sub 7min 4 lap race.
In just one year i was spending a bit more than 200.000km only racing 550pp races at Monza. 🙈😂

Than GT6 came... wheel users were able to get the fast righthander flat out, pad players not. 😭🤮🤮

So i became a time trial guy. 😬

Unfortunately most of the TT comps at Monza were trash for me, from what i remember i never got a Top10 spot around here. 🥲

But now we have this great comp with the Lambo. 🤩

The times on the leaderboard are already stunning, so think at least a 1:50.3xx will be needed for Top10. 😳
But i will try, not sure if i can do that.

IMG_20240901_114807.jpg

Lost at least 2 tenths through Ascari. 🙈

Well Monza... such a special track to me. It's the track that completely changed the game for me.
It was GT5 and i started online racing, what would be a nice track for clean racing action? ...of course Monza!!!
The 550pp roadcar rooms were my choice, i was ****ing slow compared to the top guys but i had fun.
The weeks past by and was getting faster and faster, finding better lines around the track and improving my driving skills.
Somewhere in between i probably got cought by the mothership. 🤔😂
In the end i was one of the top guys and the first who got a sub 7min 4 lap race.
In just one year i was spending a bit more than 200.000km only racing 550pp races at Monza. 🙈😂

Than GT6 came... wheel users were able to get the fast righthander flat out, pad players not. 😭🤮🤮

So i became a time trial guy. 😬

Unfortunately most of the TT comps at Monza were trash for me, from what i remember i never got a Top10 spot around here. 🥲

But now we have this great comp with the Lambo. 🤩

The times on the leaderboard are already stunning, so think at least a 1:50.3xx will be needed for Top10. 😳
But i will try, not sure if i can do that.

View attachment 1385751

Lost at least 2 tenths through Ascari. 🙈
Holy crap that's fast!..... well done mate!, im sure you will able to hit that top 10
Almost there, just one good floating Ascari away 😁🤣🤣🙏🙏

I'm busy Ikea'ing .... did a few laps this morning but I swear the lambo got even wider overnight.....that first chicane wasn't fun at all 🤣🤣 After a dozen invalidations I was done 🤣

Not really doing too much TT's lately, as I spend some of my time on GT7 enjoying some door to door racing or simply being busy with non-gaming related things. Ading into this, my pace has suffered a bit from getting used to using a wheel and I'm still adjusting to the newish physics.

Only did a few sessions and reached silver in the AMG trial, but picked it up again last minute and tried until the last seconds :D
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240830235948.png

Then took out the Lambo on first day and netted gold with a PB not really to brag home about. Since it's only the second time reaching gold with wheel next to the Porsche at HSR, it's still quite an achievement for me :) Mostly I'm 1-3 seconds off my controller pace, although some cars rotate a lot better with wheel. What a whale of a car – I call her Moby Thicc.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240901135736.png

Went for one last session today and ditched the wheel for pad on the Honda at Spa. Goal was to gold obviously, but after feeling there was a bit left on the table I tried to push for sub 30. I'll take it.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240901135016.png
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240901135009.png
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240901133422.png

Now, if only I would feel motivated to improve at Suzuka …

Last edited:
Short on time this week (thanks in part to my 500,000 laps of trying to get Gold at Laguna Seca!) but jumped on the Honda RA272 at Spa over the past couple of days and spent a couple of hours trying to get past Eau Rouge, once I did I then managed to wangle Gold 2:29.895

I wish I had more time tbh as I'm ok around Spa and could probably have got into the 2:28's

Nice run!, and comfy into the gold,
If i may..... where I got loads of time was Ascari, if you brake exactly on the 200 board you rotate it with a little slide in 2nd gear to the first apex of Ascari then immediately to 3th gear, more stable and a lot faster on the exit 😁😁
👍
I noticed that in the ghost and and started to try this. I managed to do in in a prior run but this one it didn’t happen.

I’ll be back in this one. More time to gain!

Ed_Night should be called Ed_Fight meaning he always fights his way under the top 50. However I'm not that type of racer right now. Well I'll be earning 2 more bronze medals in a few minutes. My times were bad at the Spa track.

Back in my comfort zone at Suzuka and this time with the NSX. I still couldn't complete a lap with a sub-50 lap time but optimal is at 49.5! So, I might return to get the job done in my yellow racing suit... See ya! View attachment 1385637
Thanks for your support, guys! Today I achieved my goal of a sub-50 lap time and am very happy!
191ae8bf77731-screenshotUrl.jpg

But I also know that there is still time to be found and I might return if life gives me some time till thursday. I really enjoy this combo, even as a repetition... (must look up my best time the last time)

Well, maybe a miracle will happen for me at Suzuka. My aim is silver which I'm close to. Just need to shave off another half a second.. Please wish me positive vibes. I still have a lot of unfinished work to do at his hard track.

Hi,

Yet another manic busy week at work. I really do need to retire! I am now too old to be rushing around like a lunatic from 7:00 in the morning, until 5:00pm.

Like many here I am astounded but in awe of some you who record astonishing times in these time trials.

I have been chasing, progressively, faster ghosts at Suzuka in the Honda NSX. After an hour I managed a 1:49:9xx. I think that should stay safe for gold at 2:49%.

What is most pleasing is the fact that I am less than a 10th off my Nemesis' time ( Hello Mr E! :) )

The subtleties and finer points of this kind of thing are, both fascinating and frustrating in the extreme.

Very pleased with my time at Suzuka. The wifey person is away on business for a few days this week, so another couple of decent sessions here might see me into the lower part of a 1:49:xxx. That would be truly delightful!

@seadog777...

Was following @Tidgney 's slower ghost on one of them and actually gained significantly at one stage - and then I crashed. 🤣
I have worked this out pal...

Start practicing the TT and crash early in the lap... Lap wrecked. Practice some and crash later in the lap. Rinse - repeat until you crash almost at the end of the lap... Lap still wrecked! Now practice some more and crash after the chequered flag... Voila!!! Job done.

Very best regards to all here.

Ian.

Back