Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,379 comments
The only Android device I own is my Sony smart TV that runs on Android TV OS. I don't imagine I could run that in the background on the TV and overlay it in the corner of the game??? :D
Most TV's have PIP, so with a little fettling you possibly could.... although it wouldn't be my recommendation 🤣

Thinking about that though, I could do that with my phone and TV, plug it in an use PIP so I don't have to have the phone in front of me 🤔

You, my good sir, may just be a genius 😂

Jumped on my old Normsk account on flatscreen while waiting for coffee to brew. I was going to try the new TT but got distracted at Suzuka instead as I hadn't been on this account in ages. Took a few goes to familiarize myself with flatscreen again and turn 1 but on my third or fourth successful lap I got this. Probably not the fastest way around turn 1 but entertaining! I was surprised that I managed to hold the slide....

Not sure where my time ended up but it was gold..

Last edited:
@SPL170db @xDriver69x if you have an android then you could use SIM Dashboard and customise it to how you want it.

View attachment 1392371

Free version lets you add 3 items of your choice on your screen.

Theres a paid version for more stuff
I have a few DDUs and use simhub, so I'm in process of re creating it already, but it's almost Friday so hopefully Tuesday I'll get back to it and wrap it up.
Most TV's have PIP, so with a little fettling you possibly could.... although it wouldn't be my recommendation 🤣

Thinking about that though, I could do that with my phone and TV, plug it in an use PIP so I don't have to have the phone in front of me 🤔

You, my good sir, may just be a genius 😂
be careful though, many displays when in PIP/SBS, or anything other than single source display mode- don't run at the highest fidelity, aka, 2160p @ 120fps

be careful though, many displays when in PIP/SBS, or anything other than single source display mode- don't run at the highest fidelity, aka, 2160p @ 120fps
My TV is only 1080p @ 60fps and I'm only using an original PS4, don't think it would affect it too much 😬 I might try it out and see.

The setting I do like on the SIM Dashboard is the shift lights, because you can change the rev range for cars that need short shifting or higher revs, comes in handy not to forget to shift early 😁

Very cool, thank you for this. I honestly didn't realize there was something this simple to use that was available for iOS that didn't require a much of extra stuff to connect and have work. Might have to go dig up my old out of date iPad and see if this will work on it.
Literally put the ip address in of the PS that it tells you on the connections screen. Then swipe right

Productive evening on the controller account :D
0892159b-5e25-4786-aef7-0a50caa870d3.jpg
f447c41b-9ccf-4a46-b6be-f6f2d28b0480.jpg

Hi,

In a quick and hasty session at Watkins Glen in a, truly delightful, Alfa. I threw in a 1:15:xxx. At 2:61% I doubt that this will hold for gold while I am on holidays. That said, the session was interspersed with an Indian takeaway meal, dogs needing walking, packing finishing for holidays, wifey person still nagging about jobs that should have been completed months ago - No further comment there!!!

I might just get 2 more chances to get myself a 1:14:xxx before the Paraffin Budgie whisks me away to warmer places.

I hope you all manage to achieve personal bests on this one. I feel I could have done so, if the time was available.

Best regards to all here.

Ian.

PS - Who wants a stick of rock / candy bringing back from my trip? :lol:

Latest Posts

Back