Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,979 comments
Ugh. First attempt at St. Croissant started ugly, though it did start to get a little better after some getting used to. Nowhere near where I would like to be and still need to learn the course. I will occasionally completely forget what corner I'm at and what's coming up next. :boggled:
IMG_3705.jpg

@crome, awesome time on your lap. So your braking at the 50 meter mark at turn 1, I'm braking at 75-100, that's eating my time up, I'm not getting a fast exit. We have different braking points for T2, I'm braking at the 100 meter mark. Your handling all those corners better than me, you might not need to improve anymore, but it's your decision whether you want to or not. I always try to stay close to the curbing when I take turns, corners and hairpins. It's crucial for getting good exits coming from the turns. So enjoy your break. Take care, :)

After all the horror stories about this car I figured I'd give it a try. Got in my rig, strapped on VR and jumped in. I couldn't get within 10 seconds of gold after about 1/2 hour. Then I watched a replay and realized something was really wrong. I checked everything, and I was on wet tires! After buying some RS tires and using them, the thing felt like an F1 car. Golded it in 2 laps.

If you want to feel a really terrible handling car, stick on full wet tires and try it! I though I was losing it.. did I have a stroke in my sleep last night? Am I really this slow? How is Tidgney braking there? This car is a pile of 💩! 😅

Yeah, it's not bad at all on proper RS tires. No aids or anything, handles really nice actually- especially after trying it on wet tires for 1/2 hour. I think my best time on wets was a 2:53.xxx or something, not bronze though.

🥐 Genesis TT IMG_6460.jpg

Lots of room for improvement...
IMG_6459.JPEG

Closing out the weekend with a final session in St Croix, and actually managed to dip below 2:40. Woohoo!

View attachment 1397112

As I often do after reaching a significant goal set for myself, I did a final "victory lap" after this. It's funny how these often turn into my best performances. My state of mind changes, the tension is gone, endorphins are doing their thing, and sure enough I left the bridge with a 1:51.5 split, well on track for a 2:39.4xx lap time ... but of course I totally butchered S5 again with a 24.9, which was still good enough for a 2:39.9. In other words, there is already a new carrot dangling in front of me 🤣

I guess I will take a break for a couple of days and then decide if I try to attack again depending on both the global and my friends board.

So, your turn guys, see you soon ;)

Edit: forgot the lap ...

Well done Crome!

Very nice lap! 51.772 on the bridge is very nice!
You seem to do very well on this one! maby to well :lol: :lol:

ufo.gif

have fun up there mate :lol::lol:

That said,

I too had another run with The almighty Baguette.....
What a frustrating morning it was, i had a bunch of realy :lol::lol: good sector one's with even a few .6 on it but i had some REAL trouble coming up the bridge, no matter what i tried i lost a gazillion amount of time there or scraped the insainly big wing againt the wall..

Did manage to string some of the sectors together, but lost quite a bit in the middle..
So def. not a OPT run but i doubt that will ever happen :lol:, my S1 was descent with .776 but on the bridge i was .765 so lost quit a bit there but the right sweeper at the end of the lap went reasonable for once :lol:

So very happy to be in the 39's now a days :lol:, but for a combination where i'm def not the fastest ( which i already new from the start ) i'm quite happy about this lap, if i had not stuffed up the last corner it was even better :lol:
So celebrating a very short visit to the top 100 :lol:

19289b95faf96-screenshotUrl.jpg

19289b94e2a82-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
New test in Sainte-Croix :
Honestly, I didn’t believe it anymore !!!
It was impossible for me to approach my best lap of 2'40'897. Impossible to find the rhythm, the right braking at the right time, the right turns !!!! 🤬🤬
I was ready to throw away all the objects that were lying around. my reach, it irritated me so much.
And then I don't know by what miracle, everything came together and I crossed the line with a time of 2'40'664.
So of course I'm happy but to tell you the truth, not too much !!!! Some turns are very poorly approached.
So I have 2 options 🤔🤔 either I stop there for today or I continue at the risk of having something stolen in the house !!!! 🤣🤣

1000003414.jpg

The croissant TT is a soul eating event....

Yeah, that just about sums it up, it's a mind-blowing event too.
It's not all that bad guys, it just needs a different approach then a mega slidy roadcar or a sticky car on rails.
But once you figure out how it is supposed to be driven it's not all that bad and actually quite fun.
Barareklam did hit the nail on the head, get it staight ASAP to be able to start accelerating, that's the whole thing with this Baguette, prevent understeer on exits to have maximum exitspeed.
so brake.....coast.....coast.....coast...... coast some more..... full send :lol:

I think I did well to continue a little without getting upset and by approaching braking and curves as calmly as possible and by accelerating when the car (or the boat) is as straight as possible.
I further improved my time to 2'40'567 with an optimal time of 2'40'333.
I'm not going to flood you with videos of my best laps next time, so enjoy if it helps some pilot friends here.

1000003416.jpg

Back